What will it take to beat Iowa?

ladyhawke

They do not have equal speed at the skill positions, so that helps Bo's defense. They do not have a mobile QB which also helps the game planning as well. They are competitive and balanced, with a good running game, play action pass designs, an accurate passing QB, some capable receiving, and a physical defense. It should be a close game and I think it comes down to whoever makes a few mistakes in the 4th quarter loses the game. Up to that point, I think the Huskers will have a slight lead.

Anyone that thinks they are a "bad team" are fooling themselves. They have a good running back in Weisman, simliar to PSU's running back, their LB's are VERY good and their defense is ranked fairly high, somewhere in the teens I believe. While our offense is ranked higher than their's they will capitalize on turnovers that we give them, which is only a given at this point given our history. I see this as a grinder type of game, Iowa will keep it close, we won't be beating them by 20+ points probably more like 5 or something along those lines. It's gonna take pounding the rock, controlling turnovers and stopping the run. The good thing is their QB is a pocket type passer and we normally do pretty well against those types of passers. Ruddock, their QB, will take what the defense gives him if the pass isn't there so containment will lock him in that pocket.

Their defense is ranked 11th.

They've only lost to currently ranked teams.

IMO this will be a great game, Iowa's offense is a type of offense we have struggled with lately. They like to pound the ball straight forward which gives us troubles. However, towards the end of the PSU game our line was doing a good job of setting the line of scrimmage. It will be key for our defense to not get pushed back and we need to hit them in the backfield. Iowa will also need to have an effective passing game to beat us and their QB throws interceptions so I hope when they do air it out SJB and Ciante can come up with some INTS. Another key to this game is turnovers. We had 5 against MSU and they had 4 against Michigan. Turnovers will be huge in this game and the team with the least amount will win I think.

Their run defense is good, but some of their fans are saying they are going to shut Abdullah down easily and he won't get his yards. Yes, they could do this but not even the #1 run defense in Michigan State could do that. An Iowa buddy of mine was saying he ins't even worried about Abdullah. I know Abdullah is banged up but he has been for the past 3 or 4 weeks and he is a gamer.

IMO this will be a great game, Iowa's offense is a type of offense we have struggled with lately. They like to pound the ball straight forward which gives us troubles. However, towards the end of the PSU game our line was doing a good job of setting the line of scrimmage. It will be key for our defense to not get pushed back and we need to hit them in the backfield. Iowa will also need to have an effective passing game to beat us and their QB throws interceptions so I hope when they do air it out SJB and Ciante can come up with some INTS. Another key to this game is turnovers. We had 5 against MSU and they had 4 against Michigan. Turnovers will be huge in this game and the team with the least amount will win I think.

Their run defense is good, but some of their fans are saying they are going to shut Abdullah down easily and he won't get his yards. Yes, they could do this but not even the #1 run defense in Michigan State could do that. An Iowa buddy of mine was saying he ins't even worried about Abdullah. I know Abdullah is banged up but he has been for the past 3 or 4 weeks and he is a gamer.

So it sounds like at least their fanbase is coming in cocky. Hope their players come in with the same attitude.

Ill stand by what I said. If we aren't negative in the turnover battle we will pull away from this team.

So it sounds like at least their fanbase is coming in cocky. Hope their players come in with the same attitude.

Ill stand by what I said. If we aren't negative in the turnover battle we will pull away from this team.

Yes, I would say their fans are very confident they will beat us, "Iowa is BY FAR the better team, and in no WAY they should be able to move the ball against our defense and should have a tough time scoring more than 17 points!"