Let the sellout streak end

Let's be realistic, the only reason that atreak has not ended already is because the people have more expendable entertainment dollars than there are places for them to spend them in Nebraska. The gap may be extremely widde but don't make the mistake of thinking it could never happen. If the product remains poor and some other viable options pop up, it could happen. That sellout streak still exists because of a lack of alternatives.

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

We root for Nebraska. And while the coaching staff is part of Nebraska football, we show up to root for our players. Not showing up to cheer for our players, who give so much to this program and who battle for our entertainment week in and week out, would be unbelievably petty and something I would not be proud of at all.

Spoken like a couple of psych majors with no money or actual influence. Speak for yourself, but you are not apart of the "we" who matters.

Good. I don't want to be part of a we who doesn't respect the efforts of others enough to show up to watch them do what they love to do and worked hard to do. I don't want to be apart of that sh#t group of people.

• Fire 4
I have no idea what complicated web of sales keeps the sellout streak alive today. Is there actually a third party that would know if games weren't sold out? I mean, the U could continue to say they're sold out of tickets. They're our only source of information, from what I understand. Not saying they'd be deceitful, but I am saying that it's hard to know if they're sold out. really.

If actual attendance starts to drop to some level where it matters, they'll do something. You have to hit them where it hurts if you want to have an impact.

From what I understand, and this is from talks with a family member who worked for the athletic department as a summer intern and the dreaded alumni outreach cold call job haha, the administration pretty much knows by June which games are sold out and which ones still have a few left.

The streak will never end. It doesn't matter if that top balcony is completely vacant as long as the tickets were sold. And UNL will not allow the tickets to go unsold. Boosters and big businesses will buy them and take the loss.

We root for Nebraska. And while the coaching staff is part of Nebraska football, we show up to root for our players. Not showing up to cheer for our players, who give so much to this program and who battle for our entertainment week in and week out, would be unbelievably petty and something I would not be proud of at all.

Spoken like a couple of psych majors with no money or actual influence. Speak for yourself, but you are not apart of the "we" who matters.

Stupid

The dude gets paid 3 million dollars a year to coach football. Spare the crocodile tears for this joker. He's a moron and embarrassment to the program.

spoken like a KST fan.

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

tumblr_inline_mstypdYMyv1qz4rgp.gif

I have no idea what complicated web of sales keeps the sellout streak alive today. Is there actually a third party that would know if games weren't sold out? I mean, the U could continue to say they're sold out of tickets. They're our only source of information, from what I understand. Not saying they'd be deceitful, but I am saying that it's hard to know if they're sold out. really.

If actual attendance starts to drop to some level where it matters, they'll do something. You have to hit them where it hurts if you want to have an impact.

From what I understand, and this is from talks with a family member who worked for the athletic department as a summer intern and the dreaded alumni outreach cold call job haha, the administration pretty much knows by June which games are sold out and which ones still have a few left.

Makes sense! Thanks for the info.

Being happy or not happy with Bo being here another year is absolutely no reason for the streak to end? Supporting these kids who play for the Husker program is what matters and showing that support by filling every seat on game day will always be the one thing Nebraska fans can be most proud of, and anyone who willingly doesn't go to the game, specifically to protest Bo being HC for another year should be ashamed of themselves!

First, I would gladly take some tickets and go every week if I could. I realize a sellout doesn't equal butts in the seats, BUT, let's not ignore how silly it sounds and looks when they announce another sellout and everyone in the stadium and on tv can see the number of empty seats growing each week. I don't want the tradition to end, but when will boosters and local companies (who are the ones keeping the sellout streak alive) say enough is enough. I for one hope it doesn't happen, but if the product on the field doesn't get better or heaven forbid, gets worse, it just might.

I will gladly take your tickets if you need someone to take them off your hands...SUPPORT the team. It is stuff like this that make the Husker fans look like entitled little brats to other fan bases!

So you aren't a season ticket holder, claim you need to own season tickets to support the team, and then proclaim yourself as a supporter of the team? Got it.

It's easy to write this rah-rah crap on message boards, but if it was actually true you wouldn't:

1. Be able to buy tickets through the ticket office during game week.

2. See tickets available on Stub Hub for < FV for the majority of games this year.

Actions speak louder than words, and nobody is buying stock in Nebraska football right now.

I will gladly take your tickets if you need someone to take them off your hands...SUPPORT the team. It is stuff like this that make the Husker fans look like entitled little brats to other fan bases!

Funny how the fan base with 300 plus consecutive sellouts is the one we are "labeling" as anything other than great.

I'm completely shocked at the AD's statement of support for Pelini. At least make a statement indicating his demeanor and behavior is not acceptable. Perhaps they are waiting til after the bowl game, but if this is the case, that is a huge mistake. There is no benefit in waiting. And if the plan is to keep Bo long-term, I guess the AD is willing to settle for mediocrity. A Pelini-coached team will never make it very far with his poor example of leadership, and his inability to truly coach. We keep hearing he's a fundamentals kind of coach, but week in and week out we see a complete lack of execution. So if the guy can't coach, and is a bad representative for the entire Nebraska program and university, what's the point in keeping him. My guess is you'll start to see more and more empty seats at Memorial stadium, and Eichorst can be known as the AD that helped bring along an end to the infamous sellout streak. What is the

Im sure my sister would love people giving up their seats. Shes been on the waiting list for years now. Im sure the other folks on the waiting list would love people to give up their seats also. So go ahead, there are people waiting for season tickets.

As far as the bolded goes: that is what started this sh#t storm to begin with. Harvey Perlman going public after A&M. You don't do that.