New DB Coach Search

It's confirmed Coach Joseph is gone. Best of luck to him, but we need to counter with a replacement quickly. It was mentioned that Benning said there are 2 canidates and one has previous history coaching here. Who do you guys want? If Sanders has figured stuff out I would take him in a heartbeat.

Names being thrown around:

Marvin Sanders

Eric Warfield

Mike Minter

Feel free to add others.

Can we PLEASE stop asking for him to come back. He is NOT coming back...EVER!!!!!

That remains to be seen. If he's not coming back here because he's afraid of capital letters and exclaimation points then I think you're right.

• Fire 5

go out and get the best and pay accordingly... i repeat it doesn't need to be a former nebraska player... id actually prefer it not be

OK....I was with you up till the part I put in red. Why do you say that? If there is a very good option out there that is a former player, wouldn't that be good?

okay let me rephrase.... if there was a guy that actually had some real top level experience/success/expirence coaching at that position then great.... but if its just some guy who used to strap it up as whatever doesn't mean he would be as great coach.. i think he can look to some people on our staff who people complain about not being ready for the job without having a lot of experience.. don't want to get into a similar situation

It's confirmed Coach Joseph is gone. Best of luck to him, but we need to counter with a replacement quickly. It was mentioned that Benning said there are 2 canidates and one has previous history coaching here. Who do you guys want? If Sanders has figured stuff out I would take him in a heartbeat.

Names being thrown around:

Marvin Sanders

Eric Warfield

Mike Minter

Feel free to add others.

Can we PLEASE stop asking for him to come back. He is NOT coming back...EVER!!!!!

That remains to be seen. If he's not coming back here because he's afraid of capital letters and exclaimation points then I think you're right.

Well, if it happens I will be shocked. Obviously, if it happens Bo is comfortable bringing him back.

Mike Schaefer@mikejschaefer17m

This won't happen, but one name I'd take a long look at is Brian Dawkins. He's a DC at Valor Christian. Can learn coaching ropes from Bo.

Mike Schaefer@mikejschaefer15m

As far as I know Dawkins has no connection to Pelini. But this would be a good opportunity to get into college coaching - if he wants to.

Long shot, but it'd be an awesome hire.