For years around husker football I keep hearing about the injustice of having one second put back on as if it was hose job, and that time had ran out yada yada yada.

I am so tired of that.

Look there maybe a lot of plays in the husker history that should have gone our way and didn't. A good number of them in the last few years.

This is not one of them.

Watch it on youtube and hit pause when you see the ball go out of bounds, there will still be a second on the clock.

Can we please just stop using this as a point of reference when talking about debacles.

It was a kickers fault for kicking it out of bounds, it was Suhs fault for horse collaring a player, it was the secondaries fault for covering all of those guys so well that caused him to throw it out of bounds.

END OF STORY.

Thank You

For years around husker football I keep hearing about the injustice of having one second put back on as if it was hose job, and that time had ran out yada yada yada.

I am so tired of that.

Look there maybe a lot of plays in the husker history that should have gone our way and didn't. A good number of them in the last few years.

This is not one of them.

Watch it on youtube and hit pause when you see the ball go out of bounds, there will still be a second on the clock.

Can we please just stop using this as a point of reference when talking about debacles.

It was a kickers fault for kicking it out of bounds, it was Suhs fault for horse collaring a player, it was the secondaries fault for covering all of those guys so well that caused him to throw it out of bounds.

​And most of all, it was the refs fault for determining an alternant outcome of the game unrelated to the players.

END OF STORY.

Thank You

You're welcome. I got your back.

I thought the general consensus among Husker fans was yeah, it sucked. Yeah, the refs were technically correct. Yeah, seconds run off the clock all game, but it only mattered because it was the final play.

In the end, Nebraska should've made more plays so it didn't come down to the final second and put the game in the refs hands. That's our fault. End of it.

The game was a hose job because a number of terrible calls throughout the game. The one second thing just felt wrong when it happened but I guess it was right. But yes our players still could have done things better to win the game, you can always say this about everyone though.

This thread is random, but i'll bite.

The last minute of the game is a would've could've should've kind of thing. Texas wouldn't have had good field position if Kunalic didn't shank the kickoff. Colt McCoy would've thrown an incomplete pass with no time left if Suh had let him hold on to the ball for a bit longer and trust the secondary to cover well enough downfield to prevent a TD.

If you look at it. Colt didn't set the pass in motion until Suh was within a few feet of him. Suh even quoted that he felt that if he had held up a little bit and made Colt hold the ball longer, Nebraska might have won without time left for Texas.

Either way, its in the past. Even though the record won't show it. WE know as fans, that Nebraska won that game.