Adam Taylor and greatness

We tend to make these kids into somebody they can not be. Armstrong was the second coming of Frazier once he hits the field, over and over we do this to these kids. Let them play the game, take some of the pressure off of them, let them make themselves legends before wehype them beyond belief. I have no idea if the kid will ever play a down, no one else does either.

I wish him all the luck in the world, and am very glad he is here. But he needs to show us something on the field before we crown him as the greatest it seems to me.

And I do not mean that as a knock on Tommy, he did a good job this year.

Playing in high school is a lot different than playing a Division one program

Agree.....we have had players in the past that were really good players for us but the hype coming in was so high, they never quite lived up to that and fans were disappointed or at least expressed that from time to time.

Let the kids grow up in the system and show what they can do on the field. Everything I have heard about him is that he is a good kid. I hope he is also a good player.

It really bugs me when people say that an athlete has "SEC speed and size". That's a myth. If Nebraska, Ohio State, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Florida and Bama are all recruiting a kid and he ultimately lands in SEC country, that doesn't shave three tenths off his 40 time. I know ESPN likes to lead people to believe otherwise though.

• Fire 5

I think and am hopeful Adam Taylor will be an important player next year for the Huskers. Especially if Ameer goes into the draft. He has a deadly mix of speed and power we haven't seen in awhile. This year we had to go with Ameer for elusiveness, Newby for speed and Imani Cross for the heavy hitting. Adam will be a combination of all three I feel. I have always disliked our need for giving players nicknames. I still cringe when I hear "T-Magic. It sounds cheesy. His parents gave Adam a name at birth,lets use it.

Looking forward to spring ball for the coming out of Taylor and Stanton.

If we are overloaded in the backfield, any chance Bo converts one of the guys to the D like he has in the past?

Nope.

Agree. We're not overloaded. Probably four guys in the mix but spread out class-wise so we won't move anyone.