RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

I'll just note here, again, that we need to be recruiting other running backs. Bussey is a great prospect, but he should not be considered a commit. It's been clear for a long time now that he hasn't decided yet and committed to NU as a placeholder.

Totally understand the skepticism but that's every recruit, even the three that signed aren't commits. The juice is worth the squeeze to hold out on this kid. He seems to have his head on straight, I'm cool with him doing his thing. We call his bluff and recruit someone else, what's the tune if he does bolt? RBs have become a dime a dozen, I'm OK with sitting on an elite RB on the chance we can land a lesser acclaimed kid.

• Fire 1

Nate Clouse@NateClouse 1m

I'm told #Huskers RB commit Kendall Bussey (@KBJ_5) is working to visit #Nebraska this weekend. Also, has no plans to visit Notre Dame.

@JoshHarveyScout: What's next for #Nebraska #Huskers RB commit Kendall Bussey? That's a good question. (FREE) http://t.co/e23u9GdJzR http://t.co/rRMUtfq03k

His dad is making plans to come up this weekend, and if Bussey does, it will be on an unofficial. He is unclear if he will visit Notre Dame.

Must mean Notre Dame doesn't like there chances with Soso Jamabo as much as they thought.

Kendall should probably be pushing a 5*, to be honest.

Soso came out and called ND his leader as of now...Soso still plans on making an OV the UCLA and said that might be his only other trip.

We go thru this every year with a recruit or two..when you have a recruit this talented and this gifted you should expect major programs to call on a daily basis. The fact of the matter is that he has verbaled to Nebraska and did so a while ago. He obviously likes the program, his parents have obviously supported his decision in selecting Nebraska and I also believe that he has a better relationship with our coaching staff than any other team in the country. The way we run the ball and the way we are playing as a team will only make it more difficult for others. I think he is a young man that has an incredible work ethic and possesses great character and has a great support staff around him. Im not concerned and look forward to his name being the first one faxed in in February. GBR!