2013-14 Seniors in NFL Draft

QMany

Taylor certainly won't play QB. Perhaps someone will give him a chance at kick returner/receiver. He has such an awkward running style and he is mostly just a straight-line runner. His speed at 100% could at least stretch defenses though. I give him maybe a 30% chance of someone drafting him in the 7th. Otherwise it's the undrafted free agent route. More likely he ends up in the CFL or AFL.

Good for Stanley. I was expecting 2nd round when it was all said and done, didn't expect to hear chatter about him being a first rounder. Especially this early.

As for Taylor, WR seems more likely than QB or Safety to me. QB even seems more likely than Safety. I just can't picture him trying to tackle Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore. I mean, I can, but it's more comical than anything when I do.

Good for Stanley. I was expecting 2nd round when it was all said and done, didn't expect to hear chatter about him being a first rounder. Especially this early.

As for Taylor, WR seems more likely than QB or Safety to me. QB even seems more likely than Safety. I just can't picture him trying to tackle Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore. I mean, I can, but it's more comical than anything when I do.

Yeah, when I picture that, there's some Benny Hill music playing in the background.

I cold watch this clip all day

Hell yes. That was a thing of beauty. High pressure situation, they took a shot on the wrong guy.

This is awesome to hear about SJB doing so well. Got to give credit to him and to these coaches for recognizing his talents and where he fit. This guy could have disappeared on the WR depth chart and instead we are talking about a first round pick at CB. Excellent.

I certainly don't mean this to be a bash against SJB even though it's going to sound like it, but just about everything I'm reading/hearing in regards to his draft stock going up is based on his size and athletic ability. I'm hearing very little mention of his film. Love it or hate it, a lot of scouts see the body and ability they're looking for and move players up accordingly.

Now, to drink the koolaid a bit for our staff, he was a WR switched CB only within the last few years. Making a complete position change like that in college is extremely tough, and our coaches did a remarkable job getting him to the point where he can even be in this discussion with all things considered.

I've read a few things mentioning his fluidity, ball skills, and physicality on film. Don't have a link but I know I've seen it. I do think it would be best for him to go in rounds 3-4 and sit for a year or two to get coached up. I don't think he's a pick and play guy in the NFL.

I heard Klatt on Fox Sports say Auburn's D. Ford has been unblockable. Also mentioned the DT from PITT as doing well. Said WR Shaq Evans from UCLA doing well. Forget the name but dude from Ohio St. has been best OL. Said he likes QB Derek Carr. Mentioned QB Tajh Boyd not doing well. Said DT Will Sutton from AZ State is overweight showing no playmaking ability and his stock is dropping. Killed Logan Thomas from VA Tech saying he was not a good QB (he will not make it as a QB). Did not hear him discuss SJB but would be great to see SJB in first round.

I certainly don't mean this to be a bash against SJB even though it's going to sound like it, but just about everything I'm reading/hearing in regards to his draft stock going up is based on his size and athletic ability. I'm hearing very little mention of his film. Love it or hate it, a lot of scouts see the body and ability they're looking for and move players up accordingly.

Now, to drink the koolaid a bit for our staff, he was a WR switched CB only within the last few years. Making a complete position change like that in college is extremely tough, and our coaches did a remarkable job getting him to the point where he can even be in this discussion with all things considered.

I've read a few things mentioning his fluidity, ball skills, and physicality on film. Don't have a link but I know I've seen it. I do think it would be best for him to go in rounds 3-4 and sit for a year or two to get coached up. I don't think he's a pick and play guy in the NFL.

I guess what I was getting at is I've heard most analysts comment on his playing ability a little, and then they guffaw over his measurables like size, speed, etc. And I agree, going in the first and even the second leaves the impression in some people's minds that this guy should be ready to play now. In a lot of scenarios, that's not very accurate.

I guess what I was getting at is I've heard most analysts comment on his playing ability a little, and then they guffaw over his measurables like size, speed, etc. And I agree, going in the first and even the second leaves the impression in some people's minds that this guy should be ready to play now. In a lot of scenarios, that's not very accurate.

He made the immortal Mel Kiper's write-up on corners after Day 1 of Senior Bowl practice. It's a paid article but he only mentioned measurables in that he used his long arms to jam well. He talked about his technique, confidence and how he was one of few who didn't get beaten deep.