Spring Practice Dumpster Fire

Mavric

Word on the street is the Huskers are running a lot of screen plays so far this spring.

Alonzo Moore was held out of practice with a shoulder injury.

He's out for the spring.

I don't think so. Did I miss something?

You literally posted a retweet from Sipple on post #11 that said it:

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 3m

Just bloggin': Three Huskers (Moore, Moudy, Davie) to miss spring practice, Pelini says: http://bit.ly/1ce0mfR via @journalstarnews

Summary:

Moudy and Moore have shoulder injuries.

Davie we already knew about (knee)

Gerry will play "some safety"

CJax will play Nickel

• Fire 3

Word on the street is the Huskers are running a lot of screen plays so far this spring.

He's out for the spring.

I don't think so. Did I miss something?

You literally posted a retweet from Sipple on post #11 that said it:

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 3m

Just bloggin': Three Huskers (Moore, Moudy, Davie) to miss spring practice, Pelini says: http://bit.ly/1ce0mfR via @journalstarnews

Summary:

Moudy and Moore have shoulder injuries.

Davie we already knew about (knee)

Gerry will play "some safety"

CJax will play Nickel

Lol Mav. Maybe you are catching Knapp in the age category..?

What the hell's up with all these picks? Can we get a QB coach or what? Damn it Bo.

Who is throwing the INT? TA, Stanton, or Turner?

Sounds like TA had more than one...

Staying consistent during spring ball, I like it!

• Fire 5

What the hell's up with all these picks? Can we get a QB coach or what? Damn it Bo.

Who is throwing the INT? TA, Stanton, or Turner?

Sounds like TA had more than one...

Staying consistent during spring ball, I like it!

Just getting them all out of his system now so he doesn't throw any during the season.

• Fire 1

The WR screen play?

Darth_vader_no.gif

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Tommy made a lot of bad decisions last year, but he has all the physical tools to be a great QB. Like many young quarterbacks, he made some very questionable passes, but most of the time, those passes were at least thrown well. I like Tommy, and would be fine with him as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what JT or Johnny Stanton can do.

I.....wow.....

I really enjoyed watching Armstrong play......Jesus I can't believe this is a serious post.

• Fire 1

One of my concerns with Tommy is that he puts too much air under the ball. Heck, I don't have anywhere close to his ability, but I know that there are times you have to put some mustard on the ball and get it there. Maybe he doesn't have the arm strength to do so?

I would say he sometimes puts too much air on the ball because he lets his technique get sloppy and he throws off his back foot sometimes, a la Taylor Martinez. He has a Howitzer attached to his shoulder, so he just needs to have proper technique to get the ball anywhere on the field.