Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

To me 19 wins is the mark we need to end up at to get in. Whether that is beating both IU and Wiscy or losing 1 of those games and winning a game in the tourney doesn't matter. Anything short of that and we will be sweating it out until the end.

I agree with 2 wins, but a first round tourney win wont do much for NU. If we split next two we need a 2nd round tourney win.

If Wisconsin loses to Purdue and Nebraska, Michigan State loses to Iowa and Ohio State, and Iowa loses to Illinois, Nebraska would emerge as a No. 2 seed, winning a three-way tiebreaker with Wisconsin and Michigan State.

• Fire 3
If Wisconsin loses to Purdue and Nebraska, Michigan State loses to Iowa and Ohio State, and Iowa loses to Illinois, Nebraska would emerge as a No. 2 seed, winning a three-way tiebreaker with Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Interesting...

I wonder what the odds on that one are. Only 6 games need to go exactly right.

Jerry Palm, CBS Sports Chief Bracketologist said today (Monday) on his online show that he thinks that we have a 60% chance of getting in. That we will go 1-1 these next two games and then need a Quarterfinal win in the Conf. Tourney.

The other analyst (not sure his name) said he thinks we have a 75% chance and will win both these last two games. He also thinks we could make a deep run in the Conf./ Tournament.

Edit: The other analyst was Jordan Cornette (Works for CBS Sports)

Jerry Palm, CBS Sports Chief Bracketologist said today (Monday) on his online show that he thinks that we have a 60% chance of getting in. That we will go 1-1 these next two games and then need a Quarterfinal win in the Conf. Tourney.

The other analyst (not sure his name) said he thinks we have a 75% chance and will win both these last two games. He also thinks we could make a deep run in the Conf./ Tournament.

That no-name analyst really knows his stuff. I like him already !

The thing you need to remember, these analysis are just guessing and there are always teams they think should get in that don't. We just need to win against Indiana and see what everyone else does than we can speculate some more.

Also gotta hope the favorites from small conferences win their titles, otherwise one-bid leagues could suddenly become two-bid leagues. Usually I'm fine with that, but not with Nebrasketball in the discussion for the first time in over a decade.