Are you giving anything up for lent?

Hars, well I have no clue where the name came from or what it stands for, ColoHusk might know. But, in our frat house, you told goats/pledges to run to the U-Stop in Lincoln to get you a Har(s) which was the big 64 ounces of fountain soda...along with other things that they would have too purchase us...then they would bring it back to our rooms and you might tip them a few dollars or just tell them thanks.

To clarify the topic of "hars", it's actually a har. A har is a 32 ounce fountain soda from U-Stop on 17th & Q in Lincoln. They also had the har repus for the 40 ounce sodas. When I was a sophomore at UNL the gas station on 16th & Q started selling 64 ounce "gushers". Most guys would get these buckets of soda and sip on them all afternoon. I would have mine downed within 20-30 minutes.

To clarify the topic of "hars", it's actually a har. A har is a 32 ounce fountain soda from U-Stop on 17th & Q in Lincoln. They also had the har repus for the 40 ounce sodas. When I was a sophomore at UNL the gas station on 16th & Q started selling 64 ounce "gushers". Most guys would get these buckets of soda and sip on them all afternoon. I would have mine downed within 20-30 minutes.

Then they became giant spit cups and ashtrays!

• 1 month later...