Tim Miles: B1G Coach of the Year?

I would love to see Tim Miles win B1G Coach of the Year. Here is a tweet by ESPN's Jeff Goodman:

"My Big Ten Coach of the Year was John Beilein -- before today. Now it goes to Nebraska's Tim Miles. Huskers should punch NCAA ticket."

https://twitter.com/...ame=GoodmanESPN

OH YEAH!!!! I was so happy to hear this news today!!! WHOOO HOOO!~!!! GO BIG RED and congrats to Coach Miles!

http://sports.omaha.com/2014/03/10/petteway-1st-team-all-big-ten/

Miles should have gotten both (nothing against Beilein) but still, this is really awesome.

Eichorst, throw more money at Coach Miles, please.

take some moola outta bo's contract and give it to Miles... he actually gets results!!

I bet all the Husker players who worked their asses off to beat Georgia in the Gator Bowl are happy to hear that.

those are the same players that were happy the way Bo called an Iowa game not giving a damn about the season or his players...

this is a thread for Tim. he deserves a ton of credit. If we are willing to give extensions and raises to those who are sub par... then Tim Deserves more

The players dont care how much money Bo makes anyway.

f#*k the media... Tim Miles deserved that and even the winning coach thought that... bunch of idiots who voted without watching a f'ing game.

glad the coaches gave it to miles... I trust their opinion more.

This is actually a really intriguing opinion to me. Let me relate it back to college football - I've seen the argument countless times (including on this message board) that the AP poll is more valuable the Coaches' poll. Why? Because coaches don't have time to sit and watch teams when they're so worried about their own and the next opponent. But, the media does. That's why sometimes you see teams like Nebraska in the Coaches' but not the AP - our name still carries weight with coaches, while the media casts us out after we lose games.

Now, obviously there's a difference because I'm talking about college ranking and this is the vote for COTY. But, it's an interesting point of debate. Do some people trust the media in football but not in basketball to make a choice like this? Not trying to single you out by the Minnesota! I'm just kind of curious how people view this.

Obviously, I'm biased - Tim Miles is COTY. And I'm genuinely surprised even the "media", many of whom decided Nebraska would finish dead last, didn't pick Miles. Michigan was expected to drop off, but they have a proven coach and talent. Nebraska had FAR more questions prior to the season, and Miles has done excellent work. I just don't see how him making a four seed and likely NCAA tourney bid isn't COTY material in the "media's" eyes.