That Time of Offseason - Tunnel Walk Music

Seriously guys... how freaking badass is Va Tech's Enter Sandman? The Tunnel Walk doesn't come anywhere close.

We need something new on this level. Imagine the energy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc

Do you honestly believe changing the song during the tunnel walk will change the energy at Memorial? You'll see the student section get energized during Can You Feel It before kick off but the rest of the stadium is just standing around. Music isn't the issue, the crowd is the issue if we are talking about energy.

• Fire 1

What about a different song/remix every week? You could liven up some popular tracks, set the music to music to video clips. Sporting KC does some really cool intros for their games. Play some funeral toll bells to signal the beginning (for the blue hairs). Have it be exciting and different each time.

Having the same song (and boring videos) can get monotonous.

Do you honestly believe changing the song during the tunnel walk will change the energy at Memorial? You'll see the student section get energized during Can You Feel It before kick off but the rest of the stadium is just standing around. Music isn't the issue, the crowd is the issue if we are talking about energy.

Music is a tool. Tools are used to aid in purposes. The same way that a hammer makes putting nails in the wall much easier than using a flyswatter, things like better music make the purpose of getting people energized and excited much easier.

I think you're constructing a false dichotomy. Music or the crowd. When the answer is in the middle; it's both. Excited crowds respond better to exciting music, and exciting music excites crowds. That's why Pinnacle has turned into such an electric atmosphere. The crowd has good reason to be excited, and the school gives incentive to be excited with a better production than at football games.

• Fire 2

Wow, Va Tech knows how to do it right. That entire stadium was rocking. I'd love to see that happen for us, but I don't know that it will ever get that crazy there.

Where I sit, which is row 93 in section 16 B1 i believe that's the section, we have old guys standing and making noise the entire game. Just need more of 'em

Wow, Va Tech knows how to do it right. That entire stadium was rocking. I'd love to see that happen for us, but I don't know that it will ever get that crazy there.

#NoSitSunday proves that it can absolutely get that crazy here.

This is why I am hesitantly optimistic about new Tunnel Walk music. If they put in due diligence, it could end up being something really special. The "I sorta want to go to Blacksburg and take in a game just because of those videos" kind of special.

I also think we need to change the opening ceremony with the band. We have had the same thing for years now. Before you say that the blue hairs will get upset, I sit in the middle of them and we talk about it every game on how boring it is to see the same thing over and over again.

I will say that the blue hairs aren't crazy about all the rap during the 2 hours before game time. I am forced to talk about that if I want to watch the pregame. lol

I also think we need to change the opening ceremony with the band. We have had the same thing for years now. Before you say that the blue hairs will get upset, I sit in the middle of them and we talk about it every game on how boring it is to see the same thing over and over again.

I will say that the blue hairs aren't crazy about all the rap during the 2 hours before game time. I am forced to talk about that if I want to watch the pregame. lol

The pregame show has been tweaked quite a bit in the last few years. I'm hearing that there will probably be some pretty large changes to everything the band does from now on to make things more exciting.