Kenny Bell and NCAA Reform

Can't the players use their scholarships to live on campus?

Why the hell would you do that when you can get a check for $800 a month cut out to you and only have to pay $275 + $100 in utilities per month?

Where are you getting this $275 number? It says $400-$500 in the article.

Average rent cost per person in typical college houses/apartments in Lincoln.

I just went through Kenny's twitter, call me a stalker, whatever, it's public and he wanted to show it to the public, so I just used my resources. In this article, Kenny said that his water and electricity was turned off in Summer of 2013 because he couldn't afford the bills. Here are some of the expenses I could find with 3 minutes of research from the summer of 2013 that could help alleviate his poverty-ridden life:

Feb/Mar 2013: got a full rib cage tattoo. Not sure how expense these are, but guesses in the $600-$1200 range

Jun 2013: trip to the Bahamas with his friends. Estimated $2000

July 2013: trip to some other tropical location, I think maybe Florida. Estimated $1000

Feb 2014: got a FULL back tattoo. Again, don't know a great estimate, but guess in the range for this one of $1200-$1500

This doesn't even include the pictures of premium 20 oz. steaks, pork chops, and chicken worth well over $100 he often posts for dinner.

I'm all for Kenny doing what ever the hell he wants to do. I support every decision he made above AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT DOING NATIONAL MEDIA INTERVIEWS SAYING YOU CAN'T AFFORD A $50 ELECTRIC BILL.

So either Kenny is completely over exaggerating his struggles or he is racking up one mountain of credit card debt and our life skills courses athletes are required to take are completely failing these student athletes.

• Fire 8

I think Bell is a great kid, but to me this is a joke. He's friends with Kolter so I'm sure his views are slightly swayed....BUT are you kidding me???

He will have $0 debt when he leaves college. If times are that hard it takes nothing to get a student loan to help pay for some things. He could even take $2k/year and that would be $8k in debt when he left IF he truly needed it. That still would put him WAY below the average for a college grad. I guess I just don't understand what some of these athletes think other college kids are doing. All my friends and I lived just like they did. Of course you have some with rich families who can toss money their way all the time, but most others were eating fast food and drinking Natty. Getting $800/month already and you don't pay for meals....Some of these kids are comical.

• Fire 2

I think Bell is a great kid, but to me this is a joke. He's friends with Kolter so I'm sure his views are slightly swayed....BUT are you kidding me???

He will have $0 debt when he leaves college. If times are that hard it takes nothing to get a student loan to help pay for some things. He could even take $2k/year and that would be $8k in debt when he left IF he truly needed it. That still would put him WAY below the average for a college grad. I guess I just don't understand what some of these athletes think other college kids are doing. All my friends and I lived just like they did. Of course you have some with rich families who can toss money their way all the time, but most others were eating fast food and drinking Natty. Getting $800/month already and you don't pay for meals....Some of these kids are comical.

I wish I would have $0 debt when i'm done.

"Until regular people understand we're not regular people, they're not going to get it," he added. "We sacrifice a lot to try to put a good product out on the field for them. They flat out do not know what it's like to live that lifestyle." :facepalm:

Not KBs quote, btw

Who's quote is it?

"Until regular people understand we're not regular people, they're not going to get it," he added. "We sacrifice a lot to try to put a good product out on the field for them. They flat out do not know what it's like to live that lifestyle." :facepalm:

Not KBs quote, btw

Who's quote is it?

Iowa State center Tom Farniok. He was the other guy that was interviewed in this article.

Not KBs quote, btw

Who's quote is it?

Iowa State center Tom Farniok. He was the other guy that was interviewed in this article.

sh#t sorry, I thought you were referencing something else. My bad.. I'll take a lap now.

I just went through Kenny's twitter, call me a stalker, whatever, it's public and he wanted to show it to the public, so I just used my resources. In this article, Kenny said that his water and electricity was turned off in Summer of 2013 because he couldn't afford the bills. Here are some of the expenses I could find with 3 minutes of research from the summer of 2013 that could help alleviate his poverty-ridden life:

Feb/Mar 2013: got a full rib cage tattoo. Not sure how expense these are, but guesses in the $600-$1200 range

Jun 2013: trip to the Bahamas with his friends. Estimated $2000

July 2013: trip to some other tropical location, I think maybe Florida. Estimated $1000

Feb 2014: got a FULL back tattoo. Again, don't know a great estimate, but guess in the range for this one of $1200-$1500

This doesn't even include the pictures of premium 20 oz. steaks, pork chops, and chicken worth well over $100 he often posts for dinner.

I'm all for Kenny doing what ever the hell he wants to do. I support every decision he made above AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT DOING NATIONAL MEDIA INTERVIEWS SAYING YOU CAN'T AFFORD A $50 ELECTRIC BILL.

So either Kenny is completely over exaggerating his struggles or he is racking up one mountain of credit card debt and our life skills courses athletes are required to take are completely failing these student athletes.

This proves to me my point and how athletes don't need an extra stipend. Anyone who reads this and STILL thinks the opposite is a complete....

....well you know.

This is disappointing

I said yhis a while back about Kenny and kinda git roasted forby some on here but i still stand by my opinion here. Hearing things like this i continue to question where his mind and heart are. Until i see him actually perform to the ability everyone knows he has, i will continue to predict that we will not see much from hom this year in terms of on field performance. I believe he will just fade of as just another graduating senior rather than this transcending difference maker that he could be.

This is disappointing

I said yhis a while back about Kenny and kinda git roasted forby some on here but i still stand by my opinion here. Hearing things like this i continue to question where his mind and heart are. Until i see him actually perform to the ability everyone knows he has, i will continue to predict that we will not see much from hom this year in terms of on field performance. I believe he will just fade of as just another graduating senior rather than this transcending difference maker that he could be.

That might be the best thing for him considering the high percentage of ex-NFL players who find themselves in financial ruin. When you're this incredibly bad with money, it's probably best not to get buckets of it thrown your way.

If these guys think they are employees or something.... I wonder how my boss would respond if I asked him for more money because I spent a grand on a tattoo and now I can't pay my electric bill. I think it would involve him laughing in my face.

The real trouble of the situation is that some of these media types have jumped so on board the "pay the athletes" bandwagon that they don't do basic research into the story. Would have been great to see Dodd ask Bell about his tattoo and vacation habit.