Joseph and Tolbert Arrested

Reports are the bike Joseph took was Drake Martinez's that he left here. Drake and Boaz were roommates. The bike was impounded after the deadline then turned into a "bait bike". Boaz saw it and took it because it was Drake's. Not sure but that's a story I saw.

That's quite a stretch.

But.................

If that be the case, that's a pretty radical case of entrapment right there.

Reports are the bike Joseph took was Drake Martinez's that he left here. Drake and Boaz were roommates. The bike was impounded after the deadline then turned into a "bait bike". Boaz saw it and took it because it was Drake's. Not sure but that's a story I saw.

This is what is being reported. Plus, they put it outside of the football facility. Are they intentionally trying to entrap the football players? Slow days of summer.

This is what is being reported. Plus, they put it outside of the football facility. Are they intentionally trying to entrap the football players? Slow days of summer.

Wow. If that's the way that went, that's pretty lame even for the Lincoln/campus police standards

I think everyone needs to take a breather here. Although I don't agree with their actions, these guys are young and will learn hard lessons from this. The bike deal has happened twice now and I'm sure the staff/upperclassmen will send a message on that soon. I don't expect to see much more of that non-sense coming.

The weed deal with Tolbert is more concerning especially since it wasn't just a little bit (still would be wrong).. I have no doubt Bo will have some strong-armed punishments ahead. However we should remember that this guy is away from home, likely for the first time in his life. It doesn't justify his actions at all but it should teach him a lesson hopefully. To kick the guy off the team would be wrong at this point. Suttles and Brown were removed for violence against a teammate last year. Now, if Tolbert has another flare up from anything... then the coaching staff must make a more difficult decision.

You guys nailed it before though, UNL PD and Lincoln police are truly awful to deal with... I seriously wonder how high property taxes are to pay for the number of officers out there everyday. Lincoln has to have one of the highest police to people ratios. Sorry for the little rant here. While the kids shouldn't have done the illegal activities, it also is pretty low of the cops to set traps all around campus. [Those visiting Lincoln at any point, beware of a police officer who parks behind the dumpsters off 17th street behind Cather/Pound heading towards Sandoz/Abel dorms... cop is positioned for a speed trap everyday at all times of day].

While the kids shouldn't have done the illegal activities, it also is pretty low of the cops to set traps all around campus.

I don't see how it's low. They've been putting them "all over campus" awhile now, to stop all bike theft, not specifically to stop football-playing bike thieves.

• Fire 2

The police are there to "protect and serve." Sure the lessons after the theft are taught but placing traps in general isn't really ethical. Yes, they have been doing the same thing for years but that fact doesn't justify anything. I just don't like the concept of their traps because they are essentially aiding in the crime by setting up college kids. It's honestly because they really have nothing else to do and way too many cops on staff for a city like Lincoln.

The police are there to "protect and serve." Sure the lessons after the theft are taught but placing traps in general isn't really ethical. Yes, they have been doing the same thing for years but that fact doesn't justify anything. I just don't like the concept of their traps because they are essentially aiding in the crime by setting up college kids. It's honestly because they really have nothing else to do and way too many cops on staff for a city like Lincoln.

Sorry....but, what a load of.....

These idiots are breaking the law. Police in large cities do the same with cars to catch people stealing cars. If you don't want to be arrested, keep your friggen hands off of other people's stuff.

It really is a pretty simple concept.

• Fire 4

Not sure on Joseph, I think that one could very well end up as pre-trial diversion like Bando and he will stay on the team with a similar punishment once Bo decides what that should be. The Tolbert incident is different because he escalated the stakes once he decided to flee from the officer. He is facing those charges in addition to the pot charge, which is pretty serious in itself if he was carrying a fair amount. I don't think he would get pre-trial diversion and as such he would be in more danger of being cut. Who knows though because Bo is also dealing with Stringfellow and Lewis.

Not sure on Joseph, I think that one could very well end up as pre-trial diversion like Bando and he will stay on the team with a similar punishment once Bo decides what that should be. The Tolbert incident is different because he escalated the stakes once he decided to flee from the officer. He is facing those charges in addition to the pot charge, which is pretty serious in itself if he was carrying a fair amount. I don't think he would get pre-trial diversion and as such he would be in more danger of being cut. Who knows though because Bo is also dealing with Stringfellow and Lewis.

He had less then an ounce. All misdemeanors so I would be very surprised if he is not still with the team.