** What did we learn today? FAU version **

NUance

So I was offline for a few days but I learned that Greg McMullen is way better than I thought he was.

I also learned that Newby and Abdullah looked very similar when running the ball. Some runs I had to pay attention to the jersey in order to know who it was.

Imani Cross knows how to take advantage of his carries.

I expected a little more from the DT position.

TA looked good. WR had some.bad drops.

Watched the game finally yesterday. Spent the weekend on the Oregon coast.

Offense looked good. It was fun to watch, when you are watching the game you don't think that they picked up that many yards, probably because it was so consistent, there really was only 1 real long run in the game lots of 8-15 yard gains. Armstrong can throw 50% all day long as long as he throws the ball away like that. He also had a couple of drops by guys.

I really can't believe how some here are complaining about a defense that gave up only 200 yards of total defense and one score. That is about as close to shut down as there is in CFB these days. Anytime a defense can hold a team to 300 or fewer yards is good. Take it and be happy.

• Fire 3

I liked some attitudes I saw on the sideline.

Tommy getting the guys pumped on the sideline before the game started was great to see.

And something that's been long overdue.

AMEN to that!!!!

I also liked how Cotton let his big ol gut hang out. Big nasties got it done upfront!!!

Seeing some swagger out there!!!

Watched the game finally yesterday. Spent the weekend on the Oregon coast.

Offense looked good. It was fun to watch, when you are watching the game you don't think that they picked up that many yards, probably because it was so consistent, there really was only 1 real long run in the game lots of 8-15 yard gains. Armstrong can throw 50% all day long as long as he throws the ball away like that. He also had a couple of drops by guys.

I really can't believe how some here are complaining about a defense that gave up only 200 yards of total defense and one score. That is about as close to shut down as there is in CFB these days. Anytime a defense can hold a team to 300 or fewer yards is good. Take it and be happy.

They also only had 119 yards after three, when we started pulling starters to get other guys reps. 122 of those yards came on their two longest drives, which resulted in a TD and missed FG. That means they had -3 yards on the rest of their drives

Apparently we were lucky?

FAU cornerback D'Joun Smith offered a unique explanation as to why then No. 22 Nebraska moved the ball so freely in the Cornhuskers 55-7 season-opening victory over the Owls: FAU was over confident.

This happened despite the fact that most prognostication services considered FAU at least a three-touchdown underdog.
“Even though people thought we were the underdog in our mind we weren't the underdog,” said Smith, a preseason All-Conference USA selection.
Smith said he and his teammates thought that if they came out and “punched them in the mouth” Nebraska players would wilt, and FAU's superior talent would take over.
Nebraska, however, punched them back, racking up 784 yards of total offense – the most ever against an FAU team.
Despite those numbers Smith still thinks FAU could take Nebraska, given another shot.
“If we go back to Nebraska again I still think in our hearts, and I think we all think that, we are going in and beating them,” Smith said. “They sure weren't faster than us. We had way more speed than them. They just capitalized on our mistakes.”
Yes, that's a whole corn field of mistakes. The Owls, of course, don't get another shot at Nebraska. Instead, they travel to No. 2 Alabama. And it's still uncertain whether Smith will be able to face the Tide.

Link

FAU cornerback D'Joun Smith offered a unique explanation as to why then No. 22 Nebraska moved the ball so freely in the Cornhuskers 55-7 season-opening victory over the Owls: FAU was over confident.

This happened despite the fact that most prognostication services considered FAU at least a three-touchdown underdog.
“Even though people thought we were the underdog in our mind we weren't the underdog,” said Smith, a preseason All-Conference USA selection.
Smith said he and his teammates thought that if they came out and “punched them in the mouth” Nebraska players would wilt, and FAU's superior talent would take over.
Nebraska, however, punched them back, racking up 784 yards of total offense – the most ever against an FAU team.
Despite those numbers Smith still thinks FAU could take Nebraska, given another shot.
“If we go back to Nebraska again I still think in our hearts, and I think we all think that, we are going in and beating them,” Smith said. “They sure weren't faster than us. We had way more speed than them. They just capitalized on our mistakes.”
Yes, that's a whole corn field of mistakes. The Owls, of course, don't get another shot at Nebraska. Instead, they travel to No. 2 Alabama. And it's still uncertain whether Smith will be able to face the Tide.

Link

What did we learn? FAU's drug problem did not stop when they Fired Carl aka Uncle Meth Lab

• Fire 2

Link

Well they did punch the Huskers defense in the mouth on that first series. But it wasn't NU that wilted.