Bo defenders, sound off here.

papersun87

If Bo goes 7-5, then I'll reconsider. However, the man is 2-0. Didn't half the world crucify NU for firing Solich with a similar track record? Oh yeah, didn't this same "best fans in America" fan base repeatedly ask for Tom Osborne's head on a platter? Why don't we support Pelini for the whole year, then evaluate at year's end. Just an idea.

Hey. I heard this in 2011, 2012, 2013 and what do know I've heard in 2014 now. Btw Osborne was losing to Oklahoma 17-7 not 73-45 or getting lucky and beating a FCS team 31-24.

But what is your plan? Trash Pelini for the rest of the season? Let's get behind the man until season's end.

I would also love to hear it. I would love to know how surviving McNeese is considered trending upward. I don't care how many transfers they had. WE...ARE..NEBRASKA! We aren't just supposed to win these games, We are supposed to DUMPSTER teams like that.

Sounds like you suit up and play. We....we.....we....

The NU Husker team is 2&0. What is your record this year?

If Bo goes 7-5, then I'll reconsider. However, the man is 2-0. Didn't half the world crucify NU for firing Solich with a similar track record? Oh yeah, didn't this same "best fans in America" fan base repeatedly ask for Tom Osborne's head on a platter? Why don't we support Pelini for the whole year, then evaluate at year's end. Just an idea.

Hey. I heard this in 2011, 2012, 2013 and what do know I've heard in 2014 now. Btw Osborne was losing to Oklahoma 17-7 not 73-45 or getting lucky and beating a FCS team 31-24.
Or 45-10 or losing to iowa st-which was far worse than todays top ten fcs teams-by two scores. Some of you frickin people dont know sh#t and spew crap about osborne bein some unbeatable god without any sort of knowledge of the game to say to was never blown out and not acknowledging that a 40 point blowout 20-30 years ago is 50-60 today.

Osborne was blown out at times too. Ended '90 losing two games 90-34. Hell he lost to iowa st by two scores and they were a hell of a lot worse than todays top ten fcs teams.
The difference to me was that when Tom's team were getting beaten badly we were badly "out athleted". Coaching couldn't overcome lack of speed, once he got athletes, the bad beatings stopped.

I don't see us as being "out athleted" now. However we do seem to get out prepared quite often though.

I would also love to hear it. I would love to know how surviving McNeese is considered trending upward. I don't care how many transfers they had. WE...ARE..NEBRASKA! We aren't just supposed to win these games, We are supposed to DUMPSTER teams like that.

Sounds like you suit up and play. We....we.....we....

The NU Husker team is 2&0. What is your record this year?

tumblr_nberflIpI71rrbxo9o1_250.gif

I thought TA played ok with what he was working with. A lot of blitzed pacs from the cowboys. The numbers were not always their except for the TA keepers.

I think teams will use the cowboys plan of stacking boxes and blitzing from everywhere throughout the season to disrupt TA . Must win the one on one battles ameer is always talking about.

Would like to see more of carter on shorts curls and drags and Burtch's presence and size on the wing will help create the advantage in those one one battles. Need to help the qb if he is being keyed on as much as possible even if you developed a gadget play or two with an unorthodox set, keys, and players that can get the defense out of the box.

• Fire 1

But what is your plan? Trash Pelini for the rest of the season? Let's get behind the man until season's end.

#staythecourse #process

Check back at the end of the year. We won, and as for how good/bad the signs are, I can understand people worrying. It's just we won't know until we see how this team does against Miami, Michigan St., etc.

Personally, I don't feel this game or any early season cupcake opponent is much of an indicator.

The team's biggest failure today was not putting up the crowd-pleasing rout they should have. All the work that goes into building the team towards performing vs the top schools, that's yet to be done and this would have been true regardless of result. There's a lot of chapters left to be written on this team.

You really don't think today was an indicator of anything? As for the bolded part hasn't this been the story with us every single year under Pelini?

Routing a cupcake or not isn't important in the end, as long as you don't actually lose the game.

So no, I don't think today was anything more than a pretty poor display. Is this a team that will come out and dominate Miami and beat Michigan State? Is this a team that will then lose to Rutgers and get blown out in a bowl game? That's going to depend on the work they put in or don't, over the course of the season.

• Fire 2

Check back at the end of the year. We won, and as for how good/bad the signs are, I can understand people worrying. It's just we won't know until we see how this team does against Miami, Michigan St., etc.

Personally, I don't feel this game or any early season cupcake opponent is much of an indicator.

The team's biggest failure today was not putting up the crowd-pleasing rout they should have. All the work that goes into building the team towards performing vs the top schools, that's yet to be done and this would have been true regardless of result. There's a lot of chapters left to be written on this team.

You really don't think today was an indicator of anything? As for the bolded part hasn't this been the story with us every single year under Pelini?

i used to think beating cupcakes didn't matter either......this was embarrassing!

I'm not a Bo defender as is evident from prior posts, but I have to say I like what I saw from him in the post-game presser. His anger was directed at himself, the offsensive coach (Beck), and the players for making dumb plays (or a lack thereof), and he did not transfer his anger to the media/fans. He seems to have more composure and has grown as the chief executive of this team.

While today's win may feel bad, it should help this team in the long run for a few reasons.

1. Early in the game I felt like Tommy and others were a bit too cocky/confident, and they need to learn to play the game without all the showmanship. I think this should humble Tommy.

2. The O-line still has a lot of work to do.

3. Defensively this team is not getting turnovers and needs multiple guys to step up.

4. Special teams was the standout area today, with the punter and kicker both looking sharp. Kudos to them and the entire special teams unit.

why does paps get off scott free? i mean, what is he doing for us?

This is a fair question.We'll be lucky to hold on to Beck for more than a few more years (in fact, we've been lucky already). I don't see the same happening with Paps.And Barney Cotton is still on the staff.

Same argument I heard for years about Watson and look at his stellar head coaching career so far...