95 orange bowl Nebraska vs. Miami

Where is the 02 rose bowl game at?

When we scored 4 touchdowns in 3:53

We couldve won by 60 if we wanted too

Congrats on playing a team that had no business playing in the game in the first place. For a team that was loaded with talent couldn't even score 60+ points on us but Colorado did

• Fire 2

Congrats on playing a team that had no business playing in the game in the first place. For a team that was loaded with talent couldn't even score 60+ points on us but Colorado did

Yep. There isn't a Nebraska fan out there, except maybe the MOST delusional, who thinks we belonged in that game. After Colorado demolished us, the BCS computation that put us in that MNC game was the final nail in the coffin of the BCS for me. I may be a diehard Nebraska homer, but we didn't deserve to be in that game, not one bit. It was almost fitting that Miami killed us (although my heart bled for my guys).

And yes, that Miami team could have named their score that game. It's a merciful thing the score wasn't more lopsided.

• Fire 3

Yep. There isn't a Nebraska fan out there, except maybe the MOST delusional, who thinks we belonged in that game. After Colorado demolished us, the BCS computation that put us in that MNC game was the final nail in the coffin of the BCS for me. I may be a diehard Nebraska homer, but we didn't deserve to be in that game, not one bit. It was almost fitting that Miami killed us (although my heart bled for my guys).

And yes, that Miami team could have named their score that game. It's a merciful thing the score wasn't more lopsided.

Yeah, that game is still an embarrassment...

Just be glad that you guys didn't have to play us for the NC in 96..

I watched the first half off of Youtube last night.

What I found really interesting is how Miami was prancing around the first quarter acting like they are auditioning for dancing with the stars or something. But, by shortly into the second quarter, they realized they were in a dog fight and we were hitting them in ways they hadn't been hit all year. Sapp has this....WTF????....look on his face and poor Costa is getting pounded play after play after play.

Nebraska's defense used to really pound the QB if he is going to stand back there and throw the ball. I think Nebraska fans remember that and want that back. However, I wonder how many of those hits would result in a flag now days. I bet quite a few.

• Fire 1

What I found really interesting is how Miami was prancing around the first quarter acting like they are auditioning for dancing with the stars or something. But, by shortly into the second quarter, they realized they were in a dog fight and we were hitting them in ways they hadn't been hit all year. Sapp has this....WTF????....look on his face and poor Costa is getting pounded play after play after play.

Nebraska's defense used to really pound the QB if he is going to stand back there and throw the ball. I think Nebraska fans remember that and want that back. However, I wonder how many of those hits would result in a flag now days. I bet quite a few.

Back in the day when our D was feared. From 94-99 we had Ds that really pressured the QBs.

Back in the day when our D was feared. From 94-99 we had Ds that really pressured the QBs.

But, I think the rules protecting QBs have been tightened up so much that the Defense can't do to QBs what we used to do.

At one point, the ref actually went over while Costa was laying on the ground and asked if he was OK. Gotta give it to the guy, he kept getting up.

On another side of this. Commentators always criticized our style of offense (running the QB) gave the QB way too much of a chance to get hurt. They claimed he would take too many hits. Well, my opinion always was that, as far as injury goes, I would rather have my QB running the ball and prepared for a hit (or even giving the hit) than standing back there and getting drilled while unprotected. I never understood why people had that attitude.

+1 Yeah, everyone always remembers the good ole days when we won championships with Tommie running the triple option. But I've always thought the Blackshirts had more to do with our championships in the 90s than anything. I almost felt sorry for Costa by the end of the game. The guy was a gamer. But he got the holy crap beat out of him, especially in the second half. Just look at his jersey late in the game.

I agree that our D-line was dominant for most of the 90s, and we all would love that dominant D-line back at NU. However, the D-lines in the 90s were helped so much by going against Statue QB's. The D-line could pin their ears back and rush the QB without any fear of the QB breaking the pocket and running/passing on the run. Mobile QB's are everywhere now, and it forces the D-lines to play more of contain style rush. Right now, it seems like the most effective pass rushes come from up the middle. That's why Suh was so great.

My favorite part was when the smack talking bitch Sapp couldn't even hardly stand up. He got beat all game long and by the end of 3rd quarter or maybe sooner he was no longer talking lol. That to me showed just how good out O-Line was that year. As far as the Defense from really 93 -99 there were many that didnt wanted to play against them. They punished people and did not have mercy AT ALL!

• Fire 1