koolaid sippin

We still need to improve in several areas.

But I think this is a good sign:

We didn't do several things very well Saturday - covering backs out of the backfield, turnovers, tackling in general - and still beat a team with quite a bit of talent by a solid two scores (three, really). During the last couple years, when we shot ourselves in the foot several times it often came down to the final gun (or after, in Northwestern's case). Keep ironing out a few things and we might have something.

Obviously the vast majority have opinions in regards to me and my viewpoints regarding our program. But for the first time since 2009 I had a sip of koolaid in regards to how the team performed.

All I ever truly wanted was to see us do what we did last night. That was a game where we took punches and finally threw them back. Too often we have played fragile and been punched in the mouth and folded.

Does this mean we win 12+ games this season? Hell if I know, however I finally felt a little pride again in rooting for NU last night. A tiny sliver of optimism exist. I hope this team can finally do what NU hasn't done since 1999. Make us all believers again.

Ha ha! +1 Welcome to the party, friend. I never thought I'd hear it. Pour another one while you're at it! :lol:

Obviously the vast majority have opinions in regards to me and my viewpoints regarding our program. But for the first time since 2009 I had a sip of koolaid in regards to how the team performed.

All I ever truly wanted was to see us do what we did last night. That was a game where we took punches and finally threw them back. Too often we have played fragile and been punched in the mouth and folded.

Does this mean we win 12+ games this season? Hell if I know, however I finally felt a little pride again in rooting for NU last night. A tiny sliver of optimism exist. I hope this team can finally do what NU hasn't done since 1999. Make us all believers again.

There are two huge hurdles coming now.

I've seen this performance from a Bo led NU team before. They sat on a pretty damn good MSU in 2011, spent the week reading how awesome they were, and got beat by a Northwestern team they were head and shoulders better than. A very bad, yet capable Illinois looms.

Beyond the Illini, the real "whole nation watching game" in East Lansing beckons.

They've handled their business, but the intelligent knew that the schedule boiled down to four games.

Miami

MSU

Wisconsin

A trip to Indy.

1 down. The three tough ones remain.

The next two weeks have been set up almost divinely as the true microcosm test of this year's team's ability.

Pelini's two Achilles heels have been laying a clunker against a far inferior opponent, and wilting on the biggest national stages. Both environments are set up before him, one after the other, capable of being overcome.

Couldn't write it better.

• Fire 1

and got beat by a Northwestern team they were head and shoulders better than.

This is the first season since 2009 that our talent may actually be "head and shoulders" above most teams on our schedule.

That speaks more to the schedule.

And you're wrong.

Michigan St and Wiscy Dick both have plenty of talent. We're not head and shoulders more talented than those two.

I've seen this performance from a Bo led NU team before. They sat on a pretty damn good MSU in 2011, spent the week reading how awesome they were, and got beat by a Northwestern team they were head and shoulders better than. A very bad, yet capable Illinois looms.

Beyond the Illini, the real "whole nation watching game" in East Lansing beckons.

They've handled their business, but the intelligent knew that the schedule boiled down to four games.

Miami

MSU

Wisconsin

A trip to Indy.

The next two weeks have been set up almost divinely as the true microcosm test of this year's team's ability.

Pelini's two Achilles heels have been laying a clunker against a far inferior opponent, and wilting on the biggest national stages. Both environments are set up before him, one after the other, capable of being overcome.

This week will be very important. Shelter the players from all media!

Miami

MSU

Wisconsin

A trip to Indy.

This week will be very important. Shelter the players from all media!

Screw that, let's watch them grow. Enough with this sheltered. "Us against the world crap"

• Fire 1

It's not unreasonable to be optimistic. There's a lot of reasons for that optimism right now.

But it's also not unreasonable to wait for half the season, even the entire regular season, to determine things have changed with this team.

We were undefeated in out-of-conference play in 2010 and 2011. Still managed to lose four games both years.

I'm still in wait-and-see mode. But I'm hopeful.

It's not unreasonable to be optimistic. There's a lot of reasons for that optimism right now.

But it's also not unreasonable to wait for half the season, even the entire regular season, to determine things have changed with this team.

We were undefeated in out-of-conference play in 2010 and 2011. Still managed to lose four games both years.

I'm still in wait-and-see mode. But I'm hopeful.

I guess I'm wt Knapp on this one. Excited about the win. We had well over a 100 maybe 150 at the Okla Cornhusker Club watching in Tulsa. It was as loud in there as it has ever been. And the reaction to the roughing the passer penalty was like 'placing one second back on the clock'. I was very pleased by the emphasis on the run game and hopefully Beck and Co will remember that this is the Husker Identity and stick to it. My biggest concern in playing MSU and Wisc is the play of our linebackers - we looked so slow again. The passes across the middle and to the TE were too easy. I'm hopeful in the sense that we didn't lose on national TV (nice change) and that we didn't wilt under pressure. If we can do the same at MSU and not fall to a team we are expected to beat, then I think we can win out. Miami was a quiz, MSU will be the test.