We have accomplished nothing - reality check time

knapplc

Tommy Armstrong and Kenny Bell are vocal leaders on offense who demand excellence and aren't afraid to get in someone's face when they're underperforming.

Tommy's vocal leadership is possibly the most underrated element to this team's success this season. It was amazing to me how confidently he spoke about leading "his" offense last season, just a few games into the Martinez injury period. I don't care what anyone says about "leading non-verbally by example," this is a huge advantage IMO that past team's of Bo under Martinez didn't have.

Love the guy for that. He is a winner that knew how to win when he was in high school. Nothing has changed for him. He's the freaking man.

Suh was labeled as a silent leader who led by his actions...

Tommy Armstrong and Kenny Bell are vocal leaders on offense who demand excellence and aren't afraid to get in someone's face when they're underperforming.

Tommy's vocal leadership is possibly the most underrated element to this team's success this season. It was amazing to me how confidently he spoke about leading "his" offense last season, just a few games into the Martinez injury period. I don't care what anyone says about "leading non-verbally by example," this is a huge advantage IMO that past team's of Bo under Martinez didn't have.

Love the guy for that. He is a winner that knew how to win when he was in high school. Nothing has changed for him. He's the freaking man.

Suh was labeled as a silent leader who led by his actions...

So? Different people respond differently to different types of leadership. Maybe these players like to have a more in-your-face style leadership. I'm not advocating for either style; simply saying that both Suh's and Tommy's leadership work because we might have a different composite of players.

Geez. Kind of impressive stuff folks. Just about everything said that could be said and both sides of the fence make reasonable points.

I agree about that Wisconsin matchup also.

I guess that's why I enjoy football season so much. You just never know how it will end up but a lot of hard work, leadership, study, blood, sweat and tears go into what happens out there on Saturday. My overall feeling is just that more of each one of those things is being poured out by this team. Especially the leadership. Man, if that Miami game showed us anything it was that this team has each others backs and is finally the team willing to stand up for each other, instead of pointing fingers and giving up. It also showed us that we fans, coaches, players and this state as a whole once again feel a united sense of pride and ownership in this damn thing. Good feeling that I haven't had in awhile truthfully.

Limiting TO's and actually using ST's as a phase of the game is worth 2 wins. To date, we have improved more than I would have thought. Our D under Bo has never gotten worse as the season progresses. I see no reason to think this season will be ay different.

We have the intangibles that make for a dangerous team i.e. leadership, swagger, an edge, mean streak etc.......

Keep focused and intense on each game. Treat is as simply the next one. Flush and forget the previous week. Continue to develop that bruising aggressive O we saw against UM. That needs to be our identity.