*** The Official Northwestern Wildcats Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

We're 1 Alonzo Moore holding onto the ball away from being in the Top 7.

No. That's not a stretch...

The "Alonzo Moore holding onto the ball" bit is.

I know there were a lot of other things that went very wrong that game, Like the first 3 quarters. But given all that, an Alonzo Moore catch in the end zone would have won the game as much as playing 100% of the game would have.

Also, if anyone wants an example of why we should never have Jake Cotton pull, watch that 1st down run play right before the TD. Watch how Cotton cheats before the snap in how he lines up off the LOS. You can notice it in how far his hind parts are out compared to the rest of the lineman. It's easily recognizable to see how he cheats in his alignment, and it's easy to know he's gonna pull on that play when he lines up like that.

That's disappointing. Think it's coached that way?
Sorry I have to disagree. Yes it is coached that way at a Lot of schools all levels. You'll also notice narrow or wide splits sometimes depending on what block they're trying to execute. If anyone wants an example of why someone that doesn't understand blocking schemes and fundamentals shouldn't post about it....

Why should he not post about his observations so we can discuss them?

Posting observation and asking OK. But stating a reason a player shouldn't be used to execute a play because of lack of knowledge, no. He stated it as an example as it was fact when in fact it was uninformed

if he does this every time it gives the play away. When I played teams that did things like this were super predictable. Just slant into the guy showing is pull or even plug the backer and free shot to the rb

We also pass with a similar blocking scheme (pulling linemen) so it's not as predictable as you might think.

The KB hate is expected IMO. He runs his mouth all week on Twitter and of course you will see a few people respond to his stupidity on a public social media site.

He always acts like he is on his high horse and is a poor broke college student. Oh who has rich parents and gets full back tats and all the New video games etc but can't afford his electric bill.

I'm not really into Twitter but I can see how it might fire people up a bit

• Fire 3