***** What did we learn - Rutgers Edition *****

Some of you guys don't seem to understand that we need to be good at passing if we're going to beat the best teams and the only way to do that is to call pass plays in real games when the opportunity presents itself. That's smart coaching.

Agree, but call to TA's strengths. Look at his body of work over the this and last season. See which pass plays he does well and build the passing attack around those. Different formations, motions, sets etc,,,,but the same passes. Don't throw passes he has trouble connecting on (receiver drops or poor throws) just because they are in our play book. That's my concern/issue with our play calling.

I agree, but any QB should be able to throw outlet passes to backs and short slants when needed. They need to do whatever it takes to make those automatic for Tommy. He was pretty good today statwise........I'm still concerned that this was an illusion and any pressure in our backfield will turn us into a circus again.

From Bo's postgame presser (available on the front page)...On Josh Mitchell's lateral: "I think he lost his mind. Almost made me lose my mind." :lol:Bo's 100% in how he's handling his press conferences and setting the tone and putting the right message out there so far this season. It's great to see and almost a little hard to believe, ha!

He's honestly been a lot more candid this year...saying a lot of good things...little less coach speak this year, that's for sure.
If we lose again this season I bet it changes.
In the laconic word of my favorite Greek city state "If".
  • Fire 1

I also wouldn't say I was impressed with what I saw but I also am not going to complain either. Has anyone else watched college football this year? Let alone the B1G? Minnesota lost to Illinois. Wisconsin has barely been beating anyone with the exception of today. It took tOSU OT to beat penn state. And Michigan has been losing to everyone. I have high standards and expectations like everyone else but we were a few dumb mistakes from winning this by 40. I will say that this defense will be scary when they come together and play an entire game of mistake free football. Hopefully it comes vs Wisconsin

• Fire 2

We only won by 18 which isn't good enough because of that time we didn't score and those fumbles and because we didn't stop them every time they had the ball and that quarterback we had pretty much no film on did stuff we hadn't prepared for and even though there's almost no way to prepare for a quarterback you have no film on we should have stopped everything he tried to do and Beck didn't score a touchdown on every drive and we missed a field goal and Ameer is really good and Kenny Bell is really good but I'm really pretty angry because we should have beaten this team worse even though before today I really had no idea what Rutgers football was like and I haven't watched more than ten minutes of any of their games in the past three years but despite that i have a really good handle on what should have happened today and this wasn't it because I don't feel like it was the kind of win I should be happy with which is a domination from start to finish and you never let up like not even on those drives at the end of the game where we had a four score lead but we let them score again and that should never happen and did I mention that we held their quarterback who was really good and completing 62% of his passes to 42% and a TD and an INT but that's not good enough because we busted a coverage on that one play and then we sacked him a couple times and he got hurt and when that other guy came in he did things and he wasn't crap like I expected him to be so I felt like we played really bad even though we won by 18 points.

Look here, all people tryin' to say dat dey see chinks in da armor. Da areas we's weak in today shouldn't a shown against a weak opponent. Fans worried dat if it do e like dis against Rutger, what da haven around hell gon happen gainst wisconsin honey badgers, or even Minnesota or pray muthafuggidy tell Iowa?!

Folks spect us to wax today and we didnt.

8 games in, and we still makin false start penalty, other issues too just that shouldn't be showin up this far in the season path

• Fire 1

We only won by 18 which isn't good enough because of that time we didn't score and those fumbles and because we didn't stop them every time they had the ball and that quarterback we had pretty much no film on did stuff we hadn't prepared for and even though there's almost no way to prepare for a quarterback you have no film on we should have stopped everything he tried to do and Beck didn't score a touchdown on every drive and we missed a field goal and Ameer is really good and Kenny Bell is really good but I'm really pretty angry because we should have beaten this team worse even though before today I really had no idea what Rutgers football was like and I haven't watched more than ten minutes of any of their games in the past three years but despite that i have a really good handle on what should have happened today and this wasn't it because I don't feel like it was the kind of win I should be happy with which is a domination from start to finish and you never let up like not even on those drives at the end of the game where we had a four score lead but we let them score again and that should never happen and did I mention that we held their quarterback who was really good and completing 62% of his passes to 42% and a TD and an INT but that's not good enough because we busted a coverage on that one play and then we sacked him a couple times and he got hurt and when that other guy came in he did things and he wasn't crap like I expected him to be so I felt like we played really bad even though we won by 18 points.

Look here, all people tryin' to say dat dey see chinks in da armor. Da areas we's weak in today shouldn't a shown against a weak opponent. Fans worried dat if it do e like dis against Rutger, what da haven around hell gon happen gainst wisconsin honey badgers, or even Minnesota or pray muthafuggidy tell Iowa?!

Folks spect us to wax today and we didnt.

8 games in, and we still makin false start penalty, other issues too just that shouldn't be showin up this far in the season path

A B1G Tufftiger... I'm pretty excited.

I also wouldn't say I was impressed with what I saw but I also am not going to complain either. Has anyone else watched college football this year? Let alone the B1G? Minnesota lost to Illinois. Wisconsin has barely been beating anyone with the exception of today. It took tOSU OT to beat penn state. And Michigan has been losing to everyone. I have high standards and expectations like everyone else but we were a few dumb mistakes from winning this by 40. I will say that this defense will be scary when they come together and play an entire game of mistake free football. Hopefully it comes vs Wisconsin

This maybe the first time I totally agree with you and don't feel the need to reply with the gif in your sig. Well said.

+1

Beck, still finding ways to f*ck things up

Screens are our D's Achilles heel

I think we forget that TA Jr is a sophomore

If they play this sloppy and uninspired against Wisky, it could get ugly

The offense we saw during the Miami game was the cruelest joke

Running Ameer 35 times today would have been by far a worse decision then any others Beck made today.

no, running AA 20 times, and cross and newby more, would have been optimal...

Beck, still finding ways to f*ck things up

Screens are our D's Achilles heel

I think we forget that TA Jr is a sophomore

If they play this sloppy and uninspired against Wisky, it could get ugly

The offense we saw during the Miami game was the cruelest joke

Running Ameer 35 times today would have been by far a worse decision then any others Beck made today.

no, running AA 20 times, and cross and newby more, would have been optimal...

We ran the ball over 65% of our offensive plays. 41 runs vs 22 passes. We didn't exactly sling the ball around all day. Only 3 teams in the Top25 threw it less then us yesterday.