CFB Selection Committee Rankings (Updated 11/11)

Kernal

First post in awhile..... So I'm just gonna jump in my problem with this playoff committee crap.

1.Putting Oregon ahead of FSU is garbage. FSU is the defending NC champ and has won 20 some games in a row. They should be #1 or #2(as long as #1 is un beaten) until someone knocks them off..... It's gonna happen.

2. How did UCLA all of sudden get rewarded for there resume??? Is there ASU win now mean that much more?? Than NDs loss should mean less. Though they dropped 8 spots.

3. Arizona?? Yes they beat Oregon. But if Oregon is getting the benefit of the doubt because they had Oline issues. Then Arizona beating them shouldn't carry that much weight. Plus they have lost to an unranked USC team. A loss is a loss.

4. Georgia. I'm assuming got the automatic jump because Gurley is back. That's wonderful, he broke an NCAA rule. And now they are getting rewarded for his return. They have two BAD losses.

5. Auburn lost to an unranked team at home. A team that everybody left for dead. Yet they only drop 5 spots. If it was any other team from any other conference they would free fall.

If Neb wins. And the loser of Georgia/Auburn is still ahead of the Huskers. I think we can legitimately call this a dumpster fire. I think it's bad that the committee starts fresh every week. Some teams are being penalized for not playing a tough schedule and some are not being penalized enough for losing. Everybody talks about the wins, but nobody is talking about the losses. Committee should start considering the losses on the same field as a win..... Good or bad.

• Fire 1

I don't know if this ranking can be overcome to get into playoffs, no matter what happens.

Yeah, we just don't have the SOS to get recognized. I doubt we could make it in the four at this point, even if we win out . There will be some one-loss teams who don't make it. We would be one of them.

Oh well. Let's beat Wisconsin.

How about CFP #15 Georgia (7-2)? They moved up 5 spots after beating 5-5 Kentucky last weekend.

Their "big" win came in week one against CFP #19 Clemson. Georgia has since lost to 4-5 South Carolina and were blown out by 5-3 Florida- itself blown out by a Missouri team that managed only 119 total yards of offense.

WTF is up with these rankings. I just saw them and am shocked. Seriously, Georgia is now in front of NU...we beat Georgia in 2014, and they have lost to South Carolina, who lost to Missouri, who lost to Indiana.

If we beat Wisconsin, and Miami beats FSU, do we move up to #7 or 8 then?

I mean, and Nebraska beat Rutgers and Ray Rice used to be on that team.

Everyone really needs to calm down. Except for the players, it would be nice if they came out with some fire.

Give me a break man. I'm not talking about us beating Georgia 6 years ago. The current Georgia team has many returning players from the team we just beat. Plus, as others have stated, Georgia got killed by Florida just 2 weeks ago. Does that mean that Florida is considerably better than MSU? Essentially by moving us down, the committee is saying that OSU is the only Big Ten team that really has a chance of sliding into a playoff spot (assuming they win out and some other teams lose). With us being slotted behind so many 2-loss teams, if we would win out and beat OSU, climbing 12 spots in a few weeks seems implausible.

I understand that we just need to keep winning, but for the sake of those that like to see rational analysis, its ok to point out the flaws in the results of the CFP rankings.

I don't think very many people think one of the biggest flaws in the poll or committee is where Nebraska is slotted.

Then you obviously have not read this thread.

My prediction for the week, if Nebraska wins against #20 Wisconsin, they jump all of the 2-loss teams and are in the Top 10.

This. We better at least jump to #11 if we win this weekend. But I would agree with the above comment that I think we jump to #9 behind ohio st if we win this weekend.

Agreed. Though I don't know if we'll be behind tOSU--there's a good chance that they get upended by Minny this weekend...which would kill our playoff hopes, most likely.

How about CFP #15 Georgia (7-2)? They moved up 5 spots after beating 5-5 Kentucky last weekend.

Their "big" win came in week one against CFP #19 Clemson. Georgia has since lost to 4-5 South Carolina and were blown out by 5-3 Florida- itself blown out by a Missouri team that managed only 119 total yards of offense.

WTF is up with these rankings. I just saw them and am shocked. Seriously, Georgia is now in front of NU...we beat Georgia in 2014, and they have lost to South Carolina, who lost to Missouri, who lost to Indiana.

If we beat Wisconsin, and Miami beats FSU, do we move up to #7 or 8 then?

I mean, and Nebraska beat Rutgers and Ray Rice used to be on that team.

Everyone really needs to calm down. Except for the players, it would be nice if they came out with some fire.

Give me a break man. I'm not talking about us beating Georgia 6 years ago. The current Georgia team has many returning players from the team we just beat. Plus, as others have stated, Georgia got killed by Florida just 2 weeks ago. Does that mean that Florida is considerably better than MSU? Essentially by moving us down, the committee is saying that OSU is the only Big Ten team that really has a chance of sliding into a playoff spot (assuming they win out and some other teams lose). With us being slotted behind so many 2-loss teams, if we would win out and beat OSU, climbing 12 spots in a few weeks seems implausible.

I understand that we just need to keep winning, but for the sake of those that like to see rational analysis, its ok to point out the flaws in the results of the CFP rankings.

I don't think very many people think one of the biggest flaws in the poll or committee is where Nebraska is slotted.

Then you obviously have not read this thread.

Roughly 200 people out of the the entire college football landscape.

• Fire 1

I said back in August that the Wisc vs LSU; Mich St vs Oregon and to some extent OSU vs VT would be key to helping with national perceptions and rankings. Unfortunately the B1G teams got waxed and the B1G has no other decent OOC wins. On top of that Mich turned out to be garbage with bad OOC losses, the McNeese state thing and also Minn getting trounced by TCU early but then having a good season in the B1G.

I think B1G, especially the premier teams, need to schedule multiple OOC games against mid to upper tier P5 teams and eventually need to win much more than they lose.

I'm over my initial frustrations. I know we have to win out, and it will all take care of itself.

I'm more dumbfounded than anything, especially with the placement of Arizona and Georgia. To me, there are two options. They were incompetent last week when they ranked them at 19-20, or they really value wins over Colorado and Kentucky (incompetent).