****** What did we learn - Wisky Edition ******

Things Im still interested in learning?

Will the local media hold Pelini's feet to the fire? Ask the tough questions. Ask for additional clarification if answers are vague, or seem to imply something. If Pelini can't take it, he can storm off, and further expose his ineffectiveness. if he blows up and acts like an ass, he give legit reason to let go a 9-10 win year coach. I'm thinking Eichorst really missed the boat at the end of last season. With the Iowa blow up and release of the tapes (no matter how BS that may have been), it wouldn't have looked so bad moving on from a coach with a winning record.

Does Eichorst have one or two solid backup coaching candidates if either Pelini is let go or leaves voluntarily? I'll be the first to admit that as much as I disbelieve that Bo's program will get over the hump, if he's outright fired, I do think it would scare off potentially good coaching candidates. This is the catch 22 in which the program finds itself. I would think with a firing we'd be limiting our candidates to either Nebraska natives (Scott Frost?) or again, someone who Eichorst already has secretly lined off if he or Pelini decides to pull the trigger. I don't believe Pelini is necessarily loyal to NU. I wonder if another university or pro team could fairly easily hire him away. That would definitely help the program safe face during a coaching search.

What do the major donors with actual juice think?

Where do people get this idea that if Pelini is fired it would be hard to find a replacement? This is big time football, not winning anything of note in 7 years is grounds. And any potential coach who thinks they will go for 7 years without winning the conference, has no business coaching at Nebraska. There are not that many better jobs. This one has money, tradition, facilities, fan support and everything else a coach could want except a deep local recruiting base. We didn't look at better options in '07 because TO was cheap.

• Fire 1

Things Im still interested in learning?

Will the local media hold Pelini's feet to the fire? Ask the tough questions. Ask for additional clarification if answers are vague, or seem to imply something. If Pelini can't take it, he can storm off, and further expose his ineffectiveness. if he blows up and acts like an ass, he give legit reason to let go a 9-10 win year coach. I'm thinking Eichorst really missed the boat at the end of last season. With the Iowa blow up and release of the tapes (no matter how BS that may have been), it wouldn't have looked so bad moving on from a coach with a winning record.

Does Eichorst have one or two solid backup coaching candidates if either Pelini is let go or leaves voluntarily? I'll be the first to admit that as much as I disbelieve that Bo's program will get over the hump, if he's outright fired, I do think it would scare off potentially good coaching candidates. This is the catch 22 in which the program finds itself. I would think with a firing we'd be limiting our candidates to either Nebraska natives (Scott Frost?) or again, someone who Eichorst already has secretly lined off if he or Pelini decides to pull the trigger. I don't believe Pelini is necessarily loyal to NU. I wonder if another university or pro team could fairly easily hire him away. That would definitely help the program safe face during a coaching search.

What do the major donors with actual juice think?

Eichorst wanted to get rid of him after the Iowa game last year. You can thank Tom for meddiing and talking the boosters into not giving Eichorst the money to buy him out.

That's interesting. Speaking of TO, I thought he did a pretty great job as AD, but it looks like Alvarez has bested him in that dept.

Other than hiriing Bo as I was never for the hire I thought he did a fantastic job. But I will root for NU no matter who the coach is, but Tom needs to let Eichorst do his job and fix his mistake. Tom's ego will just have to be ok with failing for a second time when picking a HC.

We learned that, even though the ***** What did we learn - Purdue Edition ****** thread was five pages long, we really didn't learn anything before tonight.

And we probly didn't learn anything tonight either.

Wiscy has had so much more success than us the last decade it's not even funny. They've still got 0 national titles, so we've for them there, but as for the last ten years, you should be jealous of Bucky, Husker fan.

Congrats on the win. It was a whooping, again. Very disappointed we couldn't give you a better game.

NU, I learned I'm officially done waiting for TB to come around. AA is a gem that covers up so many flaws. We drop a ton on lesser teams and generally have little success against good teams.