OWH: Twitter reaction: Former Huskers, others react to Nebraska-Wisconsin game

We are gonna have some terrible pub for the rest of the year.

Just like last year and the Bo tirade that made news! Like the year before and the last Wisky beating! Texas A&M/Martinez fiasco! I'm getting used to the terrible pub. Hell I'm ready to embrace it. That seems to be a part of our identity. It's one of the parts we can depend on each season.

We are gonna have some terrible pub for the rest of the year.

Just like last year and the Bo tirade that made news! Like the year before and the last Wisky beating! Texas A&M/Martinez fiasco! I'm getting used to the terrible pub. Hell I'm ready to embrace it. That seems to be a part of our identity. It's one of the parts we can depend on each season.

gotta stay #relevant

I love the guys on this team and I've loved following them this year - including Pelini, who I think has done a very good turnaround in the whole "face of the program" department. I can't even be too mad about today, having missed the game, while having a nice weekend otherwise.

But after another blowout like this, I have to say I'm pretty ambivalent to the idea of blowing it all up and starting over. If that happens, it'd be quite understandable. And I'd be OK with seeing what another staff can do.

So I guess we'll see how this season ends -- it could be an 11-3 season, after all -- and let the chips fall where they may! Best of luck, Bo.

Once again Zoogies...you've spoken well. I've commented in places I am ready for the whole staff to go...but your level headed "not sure what will happen, but can understand either way" approach is dead on. I do love the players on this team...even Tommy....just hurts to see this happen to these kids.

I think the national media has been pretty diplomatic on the subject. They trot out the reminder that only Nick Saban and Bo win at least 9 games every season. But you can read a lot between the lines, and I'm guessing the off mic chatter is a lot more like the Twitter sh#tstorm. It's one thing to still be seeking your signature win. It's another thing to still be absorbing humiliating losses. And yet another thing to be physically restrained by your players from berating a ref who hadn't even made a bad call.

There will be some mention of fan base entitlement and unreasonable expectation, but few in the college football community would begrudge Nebraska if we went Christmas shopping for a shiny new coach.

I think the national media has been pretty diplomatic on the subject. They trot out the reminder that only Nick Saban and Bo win at least 9 games every season. But you can read a lot between the lines, and I'm guessing the off mic chatter is a lot more like the Twitter sh#tstorm. It's one thing to still be seeking your signature win. It's another thing to still be absorbing humiliating losses. And yet another thing to be physically restrained by your players from berating a ref who hadn't even made a bad call.

There will be some mention of fan base entitlement and unreasonable expectation, but few in the college football community would begrudge Nebraska if we went Christmas shopping for a shiny new coach.

IMO, I think you underestimate the college football community's need for negative stories and anti-B1G, pro SEC coverage.

And by community, I mean ESPN, since they control the narrative in and around college football.

IMO, I think you underestimate the college football community's need for negative stories and anti-B1G, pro SEC coverage.

And by community, I mean ESPN, since they control the narrative in and around college football.

i think you underestimate how completely irrelevant we are right now.

I cannot believe some of you are talking about chances of getting into the conference title game. Omg wow.

I asked a question in to how it's possible, then I followed that up with a comment about basically getting our asses handed to us by OSU. I don't see where anyone said we were going to make it to Indy. Nice try though........

Especially when Gordon is in New York and they go over the best games he has had.

What really gets me is that Gordon looked very good against the lower tier teams in the Big Ten but against us he looked like Superman. What gives? Do we have worse athletes than Illinois (175 yards), Maryland (122 yards) and Rutgers (128 yards)?

I believe the failure lies with the coaching. New players, same results as previous blowout loses against Wisconsin.