Kenny Bell Speaks Up

I got a reality check for you all. How many of you that are doggin' on KB's words, would still be doggin' on them if they came from AA?

When AA says something like this, let me know. Kenny does it All. The. Time. That is why he is taking grief for it. He's really developed quite a martyr complex. It's sad because the fro was lovable until he started talking out his a$$.

• Fire 3

The season's already toast. 99% of us already think Bo needs to go. I doubt a Minnesota win will be met with much anger. Nobody would be surprised, anyway.

This goes back to that "hoping they lose" crap we argued over last year for half a month - but it's obvious there needs to be major changes made...will that happen if they go 10-2? I don't think so. Part of me thinks another loss or two is necessary for change to occur.

And I'm okay with this thought. It's unfortunate..but I do think he has to drop some more games to even have a chance to be let go. Maybe Bo can walk away. Maybe a 10-2 finish and Bo putting out the word that he wants to move on will attract some other AD to make him an offer...who knows (buyouts may be an issue).

I just don't want to watch a team spin its wheels for another year or 2 or 3...especially when it's hard to back a coach that clearly dislikes being a Husker and holds disdain for the fans as a whole. I mean we may freak out on a lot of things but god Bo and Kenny...go read ShaggyBevo. We're a mild bunch by comparison. We're also an extremely loyal fanbase (as last year's audio tape release proved). It takes a lot to alienate us. Callahan managed to do it. Bo's doing it.

To me this is a bigger issue than anything else. Stop painting us the bad guy Bo! Us against the world only lasts so long before you get tired of being alone! We want to have your back. You just keep burning us and it's hard to get behind you anymore.

• Fire 1

If you can defend Bo to the media, please defend him on the field. Get the job done and win dangit.

This almost feels like Corey McKeon during that other guy's days. In fact, please read this from '07:

http://huskermike.blogspot.com/2007/09/open-letter-to-13-corey-mckeon.html?m=1

Here's the problem with this situation now (and it was the same then, too):

"You believe in your teammates, your system," Brown said in 2004. "You have to walk fire for your coach. You can't think you're going to win. You can't hope you're going to win. You can't wish you're going to win. You've got to know you're going to win. It has to be a part of you.

Other than KB (who said he'd go to the 'Gates of Hell' for Bo).....what other passionate defender of Bo has there been (current players)?

When playing the game isn't fun any longer - you see what you see on Saturday.

I probably have children older than you. Have followed the Huskers since the early 60s. I've paid all my bills since I joined the Army at 17 and have never been unemployed more than two months since then, including when I went to college, so I likely know a lot more than you about job expectations. Yes, Bo isn't getting it done. In the real world, people do bad jobs and get replaced every day. 99.99999% of them don't generate the hateful attention that Bo does.

988b8514.jpg

"I mean I work at The Bar. And I shouldn't be fired if someone asks me for a Fat Tire and I instead hand them a plastic cup filled with what I wrung out of the bar rag and poured Dundees Honey Brown on the top of it. Y'all are being crazy"

Kenny Bell. Probably.

Isn't that how they make fat tire?

I think they put some chain oil in there too.

(Ps, plus 1)

I got a reality check for you all. How many of you that are doggin' on KB's words, would still be doggin' on them if they came from AA?

When AA says something like this, let me know. Kenny does it All. The. Time. That is why he is taking grief for it. He's really developed quite a martyr complex. It's sad because the fro was lovable until he started talking out his a$$.

+100

• Fire 1

You have to know Bell's psyche to know where he's coming from. Read this:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24664628/power-and-water-shut-off-huskers-bell-paid-bills-with-bartender-gig

That's why he probably relates to Bo so well, with Bo's upbringing in Youngstown, Ohio.

Great article! Kenny Bell has been my favorite Husker for a couple of years now. He continues to be. :lol:

As far as the twitter stuff interview comments go (and this thread), what do fans want of Kenny Bell and the rest of the team? Do they want grumbling and disloyalty? Would that help the situation any?

edit: Interview comments, not twitter stuff. Thanks Stumpy. (He's still my favorite Husker. lol)

You have to know Bell's psyche to know where he's coming from. Read this:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24664628/power-and-water-shut-off-huskers-bell-paid-bills-with-bartender-gig

That's why he probably relates to Bo so well, with Bo's upbringing in Youngstown, Ohio.

Great article! Kenny Bell has been my favorite Husker for a couple of years now. He continues to be. :lol:

As far as the twitter stuff goes (and this thread), what do fans want of Kenny Bell and the rest of the team? Do they want grumbling and disloyalty? Would that help the situation any?

If he were really supporting his coach, he should be placing the blame on himself and the other leaders of the team not holding each other accountable. Instead, he deflects blame off of anything football related and again makes it sound as if the fans are the problem.

Newsflash Kenny: We want you to win. Every. Game. Even with Bo.

• Fire 4

When are people going to realize this was an INTERVIEW after practice, not twitter. KB does say stupid sh#t on twitter but this wasn't one of those times.

I am glad KB sticks up for Bo as players should. Its just sad that he is the only one doing it. That should tell you all you need to know.

When are people going to realize this was an INTERVIEW after practice, not twitter. KB does say stupid sh#t on twitter but this wasn't one of those times.

I am glad KB sticks up for Bo as players should. Its just sad that he is the only one doing it. That should tell you all you need to know.

He is trying to make the fan base the villains and the coaches victims. Far from what needs to be said. All he had to say was he supports his coaches and that they have helped him grow as a man and player. Hell say that 9 or 10 wins isn't their standard either and that they are hungry and want to break the 4 loss trend or something.

He doesn't come across as a mega douche if he does that. But Kenny will be Kenny and mega douche he is

• Fire 1

I think the message that needs to be sent to Kenny Bell is that he shouldn't be the one holding back Bo from blowing up on the sidelines, it should be the coach calming the players down. Perhaps if he removed his lips from Bo's glutes and watch the composure of other coaches in the nation he would get some perspective as to why we are tired of Bo's BS.

Or, he can just blindly talk crap about his fans to the media, because that is the easier thing to do.