Consensus Now? (Post Minnesota L)

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As far as the minority of fans who still compare Bo and TO goes, here's what you need to know about them.

You remember what got Tom to turn the corner and win his championships? He made a philosophical change to his defensive scheme, putting safeties at LB and linebackers along the DL to get more speed on the field. And they terrorized offenses that decade.

What we have now is a coach who is too stubborn to change his scheme even facing Wisconsin when it was universally agreed by smart football minds we should've.

Pretty dang different, no?

So I voted for a new HC. I've more or les been there since 2012 CCG. As I side note that fits into this thread as well as any, I realized recently I've made progressively fewer game day plans over the last few years, because it's too much effort (on meaningful games you'd make s fuss about) to always lose and be pissed.

Lets face it...a new coach will make the "search" and spring game very exciting...

But, lets face it...its not like its going to be some 12-1 year.

Also...Bartons Vodka is very very cheap and I am not even sure if it is vodka...it might be paint thinner

Well again, a 9-4 season would be fine, especially a first year coach, if the losses are competitive and we look competent, and we improve throughout the year. This what has Bo gone. Stagnant is a stretch at this point.

And I still have to disagree anyway. There's a lot of talent on this team. The right guy could have us right there. Goes back to that old deal I've been sayin. Even Callahan could win us 9 to 10 games in this conference.

I've said this elsewhere...but if Callahan had replaced Cosgrove and anyone else failing in their defensive coaching responsibilities...he'd probably still be our coach.

I've said this elsewhere...but if Callahan had replaced Cosgrove and anyone else failing in their defensive coaching responsibilities...he'd probably still be our coach.

Gotta disagree here. He certainly would've been capable. Hell, even TO, for as fantastic a motivator, HC, and offensive playcaller as he was, left the D totally for McBride (God, it feels so dirty and wrong to even hint at comparing TO and Cally!). I just don't think Cally was happy in the NCAA. He's an NFL guy at heart.

I think Bo probably could do well if given a fantastic OC. I personally voted B1G champs for his ceiling as a HC, if he got a McBride-esque OC that could handle that whole side of the ball WELL. I just don't want to go through the growing pains of grooming a new offense under Bo. There's been so many tough losses and so much controversy, I feel a new chapter is in everyone's best interest.

In the OP, I'm assuming "CHAMPIONSHIP" (where we want it to be) is a national championship. I'm probably as favorable of Bo as anyone on HB, but I don't think Bo has a MNC in him. His gameday style of coaching is like a turtle. Flip it on it's back, and the game is over. No real time game adjustments at all. Someone like Saban would eat Bo's lunch if they ever met in a big game. Heck, someone like Bienema would (and did) eat Bo's lunch.

This is really the key to dumping Bo. There is fear out there about us dumping a winning coach. We'll get the negative PR at first for dumping a 9 win coach but the bottomline is that Bo has not won any conference championships while here. It is not that difficult to get that message out and get a new face for the program that is more likeable to boot. Bo was hired to win conference championships and that has not happened. If you apply that same standard to programs considered to be college football elite, then it makes a lot of sense why we need new leadership and direction. #ControlTheMessage

We won't get a bit of backlash if we let Bobo go to the dunk tank. Everyone expected it last year after that Iowa tirade.

Gotta disagree here. He certainly would've been capable. Hell, even TO, for as fantastic a motivator, HC, and offensive playcaller as he was, left the D totally for McBride (God, it feels so dirty and wrong to even hint at comparing TO and Cally!). I just don't think Cally was happy in the NCAA. He's an NFL guy at heart.

I think Bo probably could do well if given a fantastic OC. I personally voted B1G champs for his ceiling as a HC, if he got a McBride-esque OC that could handle that whole side of the ball WELL. I just don't want to go through the growing pains of grooming a new offense under Bo. There's been so many tough losses and so much controversy, I feel a new chapter is in everyone's best interest.

What? Callahan created this whole mess.

Solich created this whole mess actually

Solich created this whole mess actually

Yep, by holding TO's feet to the fire in the spring of 1997.