Who hires Pelini next

Pelini would be a great DC anywhere and eventually would find a great home as head coach in a low pressure, smaller market program. Unfortunately despite best efforts to that end, that's not what Nebraska will stand for being.

Best of luck to you, Bo. I'm sure we will be seeing more excellent defenses run by you in the future. At least I hope so. 2009 was beautiful.

indeed it was, texas was sh!tt!n themselves, for a second.

DC for da'Bears.

That would blow my mind and as a guy who has given Pelini hell for the last few years on this board I would actually love to have Bo as a defensive coach of some variety with the Bears. I'm not so sure about head DC necessarily.

I don't think the Bears want to see the lions rush for over 400 yards against them

Pelini would be a great DC anywhere and eventually would find a great home as head coach in a low pressure, smaller market program. Unfortunately despite best efforts to that end, that's not what Nebraska will stand for being.

Best of luck to you, Bo. I'm sure we will be seeing more excellent defenses run by you in the future. At least I hope so. 2009 was beautiful.

I do not see how great defense can be associate with the all time single game rushing record

• Fire 1

DC for da'Bears.

That would blow my mind and as a guy who has given Pelini hell for the last few years on this board I would actually love to have Bo as a defensive coach of some variety with the Bears. I'm not so sure about head DC necessarily.

I don't think the Bears want to see the lions rush for over 400 yards against them

See the bolded.

Bo would make a great DC at a major FBS school. He gets "it" when it is one small part of the bigger picture i.e. the D last year, ST this year. He at least now, is not a CEO type guy. Maybe in the future, but not now. Look at his success as soley a DC in 2003, OU and LSU. Very good resume IMO..

I wish him the best. Ran a clean program and the players liked him....

• Fire 1

Bo would make a great DC at a major FBS school. He gets "it" when it is one small part of the bigger picture i.e. the D last year, ST this year. He at least now, is not a CEO type guy. Maybe in the future, but not now. Look at his success as soley a DC in 2003, OU and LSU. Very good resume IMO..

I wish him the best. Ran a clean program and the players liked him....

Seems the one constant theme in those very good defenses (including ours in 09) was extremely good talent. When his defense didn't have way above average talent, they were very ordinary.

1) Local High school- his kids finish school, he cashes a large check every two weeks.

2) How awesome would his show be at Kansas? love that idea.

3) NFL becomes another anonymous D coordinator

4) DC for college team

5) Makes hats for adopted Asian girls

Going with door #1

I'd say no major program will touch him with his antics and the sh#t storm he will probably cause on his way out of here acting like 6 year old having a temper tantrum. He can be a coordinator but a HC job at a top 50 program he will highly never get again. Schools dont want to have to clean up after a HC constantly. Look what he became for us, a cartoon character the tvs wanted on the screen when he was in full meltdown mode which seemed like every 2-3 minutes.

If he wants to stay as a head coach in college then I think Kansas would be a fantastic place for him to land. He won't have to put up with the same amount of media scrutiny that he did in Lincoln and the fans will be happy with being bowl eligible every year. His defensive schemes should still work reasonably well against the type of offenses they run in the Big 12.

not to mention hes already had a years practice playing second fiddle to the basketball program...