Who hires Pelini next

Why would anyone honestly look to Bo as a DC? I think most (80%) would agree that Bo has been the DC the past seven years here. Considering his body of work here defensively, why would any team worth it's salt consider Bo as a DC?

Same reason teams, such as Alabama, would be willing to consider Lane Kiffin as an OC after failing miserably worse than Bo. Being a Head Coach is much different than being a Coordinator.

• Fire 1

Why would anyone honestly look to Bo as a DC? I think most (80%) would agree that Bo has been the DC the past seven years here. Considering his body of work here defensively, why would any team worth it's salt consider Bo as a DC?

Same reason teams, such as Alabama, would be willing to consider Lane Kiffin as an OC after failing miserably worse than Bo. Being a Head Coach is much different than being a Coordinator.

Kiffin just failed as a HC though. He's an offensive minded coach that had a defense crumble much like ours has the last few years. Bo on the other hand is a defensive minded coach who's defense struggled for the better part of the last 4 years. Inexcusable when you control 100% of that defense as an HC. I can forgive Bo for the offense, not the defense.

Kiffin just failed as a HC though. He's an offensive minded coach that had a defense crumble much like ours has the last few years. Bo on the other hand is a defensive minded coach who's defense struggled for the better part of the last 4 years. Inexcusable when you control 100% of that defense as an HC. I can forgive Bo for the offense, not the defense.

Like Pelini's Defenses, Kiffin's Offenses at USC weren't what they were supposed to be. In his last year and half, he scored 14 points or less in 4 games. During that time, he scored SEVEN points against unranked Georgia Tech and Washington State.

Head Coach and Coordinator are different ballgames.

Go back and look at how Bo's defense did in LSU's losses in 07' when they won the NC. Kentucky beat LSU, and it sure as heck wasn't the offense of LSU that let it down. Bo's wonderful defense gave up 43 points to a team that finished unranked. He also gave up more points than what Kentucky's offense averaged for the year. His defense then went on to give up 50 points to that wonderful unranked squad led by Houston Nutt Arkansas. Arkansas only broke 50 points three times that season with one against LSU and the other two against those heralded teams like North Texas and Florida Atlantic. LSU's defense gave up 20 or more points in eight games that season. In most regards, LSU won the NC in 07' despite having Bo's wonderful defense.

Agreed than a Coordinator job is a lot different than HC. The reasons Saban hired Lane is somewhat similar, but ultimately Nick knew him which was the starting point.

“I’ve known him for a long time,” Saban told Dodd. “I always thought he was a really good coach. All his issues come from something we’re not asking him to do.” Kiffin’s main issues are relating to, and interacting with, humans. These just so happen to be issues critical to being a good football coach.

Bo needs to know someone and he'll get their DC job.

I could see a place like Purdue or Indiana hiring Pelini. He'll land somewhere. A lot of schools would love to win 9 games per year.

I love this one.

Like he's going to waltz into Purdue and suddenly have a massive competitive advantage over 3/4 of his opponents. That was a Nebraska deal, he can't take it with him.

• Fire 1

I could see a place like Purdue or Indiana hiring Pelini. He'll land somewhere. A lot of schools would love to win a coach who had won 9 games per year.

I love this one.

Like he's goig to waltz into Purdue and suddenly have a massive competitive advantage over 3/4 of his opponents. That was a Nebraska deal, he can't take it with him.

Oh, I thought any ole coach would win 9 games per year. Isn't that the whole point of the 4 page thread "Bo is Only the Fifth Coach w/ 9+ Wins Yadda Yadda..."?

I'm just pulling your leg, man. Everyone knows you can't just plug-and-play a winning coach into a mediocre program and expect to win 9 games. I reworded my post above to better reflect what I meant, which is that a place like Purdue or Indiana would love to get a coach with a track record like Bo's--a track record of winning 9 games per year.