I think we're f*cked...

The issue with dropping OC and DC, is that in the end it almost never gets you whee you want to go. Because unless you are also cleaning the other assistants, you end up with a miss mash of philosophies.

I think you are worrying too much. From national guys, there is interest in the program. The path to the Playoffs is not as bad as many places, and the resources are almost unlimited.

Splash hire or not the fit needs to be right. First choices are not always the best choice.

2003 and 2007 are not good indicators of what interest this job will draw. 2003 was 2 years removed from a BCS championship game, and with the AD at the time, a horrendous search ensued. 2007 TO was both fixated on Nebraska ties, and wanting to keep the budget down, the sentiment at the time was he wanted to keep the salary under $2 mil. Money is no object this time, for either the Head job or the assistants (which is a bigger deal than some think)

We're not hosed if Tressel comes here dude, pull your head out, he's won B1G titles several times and a national championship. I fail to see how we're hosed if he comes here, considering there is a very good chance he could argue against the "show cause" penalty following him to NU. Considering Penn State isn't under sanctions anymore I think he has a good argument. Child molestation issues vs. Tattoo's hmmm doens't weight the same to me.

We're not hosed if Tressel comes here dude, pull your head out, he's won B1G titles several times and a national championship. I fail to see how we're hosed if he comes here, considering there is a very good chance he could argue against the "show cause" penalty following him to NU. Considering Penn State isn't under sanctions anymore I think he has a good argument. Child molestation issues vs. Tattoo's hmmm doens't weight the same to me.

Bro, I wish I shared your optimism...

Thank you Walks......... I have been telling everyone this all friggin day !!!!!! Shawn Eichorst is nothing but a Pearlman puppet and just sign off on his job. Until Pearlman is gone, the entire football program is screwed...... this was what Suh was hinting at earlier in the day. Pearlman is a pu$$y, who was soooo jealous of Coach Osborne that he can't see straight.

Now with TO completely out of the way for a year now, he gets to flex his worthless piece of crap muscle....... Congrats SE, might want to start building your resume, cause unless you hit a home run (which means someone who apparently has to win more than anyone else in the country), you are going down with the next guy.

I 100% agree with Walks......pooch screwed....... and we are the pooch !!!!!!

• Fire 3

I'm glad you guys are optimistic, because I would love to be wrong, but I'm seeing Clownahan 2.0...

Why?

It just seems like there are so many members of the fan base that are scarred from that hire. I know we went nice and smooth with coaches for almost 40 years, and the first shock to the system did not go well. But fear of change can't be the driving basis to keep a status quo that was doing nothing but more damage.

Thank you Walks......... I have been telling everyone this all friggin day !!!!!! Shawn Eichorst is nothing but a Pearlman puppet and just sign off on his job. Until Pearlman is gone, the entire football program is screwed...... this was what Suh was hinting at earlier in the day. Pearlman is a pu$$y, who was soooo jealous of Coach Osborne that he can't see straight.

Now with TO completely out of the way for a year now, he gets to flex his worthless piece of crap muscle....... Congrats SE, might want to start building your resume, cause unless you hit a home run (which means someone who apparently has to win more than anyone else in the country), you are going down with the next guy.

I 100% agree with Walks......pooch screwed....... and we are the pooch !!!!!!

I disagree.

We might just be the Michigan of the Big 10 West...... a proud program, who really wants to live in the past and has revolving door of coaches. Rich-Rod wasn't winning NC's so he is gone........yes, taking teams into Championship games, while Michigan is in a pile of crap for the past few years and apparently choosing to stay there.

Just be careful for what you wish for. SE better knock it out of the freaking park or get extremely lucky.......

I'm glad you guys are optimistic, because I would love to be wrong, but I'm seeing Clownahan 2.0...

Why?

It just seems like there are so many members of the fan base that are scarred from that hire. I know we went nice and smooth with coaches for almost 40 years, and the first shock to the system did not go well. But fear of change can't be the driving basis to keep a status quo that was doing nothing but more damage.

The way he got let go at OSU for starters. Why are you going to hire a guy who's lack of command and control hosed a program? Thats like hiring a guy who went to jail for stealing cars, to borrow yours.