I think we're f*cked...

Ira, Guy, solid points on both...

I've never really considered myself a "Boliever", but just worried that if today came, that we wouldn't be able to hire a suitable replacement. And in my eyes, Tressel isn't that. I know he's been to NC game, and has a great record, but the fact that he was let go from his last job due to NCAA infractions doesn't worry anyone?

I'm more worried about not getting him, personally. It would be a grand slam hire.

A lot of other names being thrown around also wouldn't be half bad. If we get to Scott Frost, then I think we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I would love Tressel but I'm extremely nervous about it. Plus his history really doesn't mesh with what Eichorst said in his presser.

Frost is a gamble yes, but really any hire is, I don't think he's bottom of the barrel though. The guy is going to be successful where ever he goes, he's been learning from the best for a couple of decades now. Plus he seems to have a subtle it factor about him.

Maybe he will be. Being around people who know what they're doing doesn't mean anything. As for this coaching search, he better be towards the bottom of the barrel.

I would love Tressel but I'm extremely nervous about it. Plus his history really doesn't mesh with what Eichorst said in his presser.

Frost is a gamble yes, but really any hire is, I don't think he's bottom of the barrel though. The guy is going to be successful where ever he goes, he's been learning from the best for a couple of decades now. Plus he seems to have a subtle it factor about him.

On the money, but then again, it's just about what I said...heh

Great minds and all... or socks.

that too, that too...

In the 4 years since Tressel was hit with sanctions, the NCAA has come down easier on other schools for far worse infractions. They took PSU off the non-bowl list this year and haven't followed up on pretty serious illegal payments to players allegations. They are now more worried about being viable in the age of playoff football and keeping everyone happy. If that happened now (tattoogate) they would hardly batt an eye.

The punishment was definately far worse than the crime.

Maybe he will be. Being around people who know what they're doing doesn't mean anything. As far of this coaching search goes, he better be towards the bottom of the barrel.

Right, but he seem like a pretty smart guy and you don't get to be an OC at a school consistently in the top 5 by being just another assistant coach. I wouldn't be pissed if it was him, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled. So I guess I agree with you.

*edited* either my grammar is terrible and I'm having mental issues or the bored took out key words in my post to make me sound like a hill billy.

In the 4 years since Tressel was hit with sanctions, the NCAA has come down easier on other schools for far worse infractions. They took PSU off the non-bowl list this year and haven't followed up on pretty serious illegal payments to players allegations. They are now more worried about being viable in the age of playoff football and keeping everyone happy. If that happened now (tattoogate) they would hardly batt an eye.

Thank goodness Eichorst is worried about character and core values...

Maybe he will be. Being around people who know what they're doing doesn't mean anything. As far of this coaching search goes, he better be towards the bottom of the barrel.

Right, but he seem like a pretty smart guy and you don't get to be an OC at a school consistently in the top 5 by being just another assistant coach. I wouldn't be pissed if it was him, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled. So I guess I agree with you.

*edited* either my grammar is terrible and I'm having mental issues or the bored took out key words in my post to make me sound like a hill billy.

Yeah we agree. I guess I should have clarified. I think he's not high on the list, but if he ends up being the guy, well, it could be a lot worst. So I think we're in a pretty good spot. Unless Bill Callahan is literally the only football coach who will take the job.

And I do mean, proper f*cked...

I know that plenty of people we're pissed with Bo, and I understand that. If you wanted Bo gone, you had your reasons, and that's fine.

But here's the problem, who are they going to hire next?

There isn't one realistic candidate that everyone is saying, "oh yeah, he's the guy". When the program was freed from the Clownahan debacle, it was pretty obvious the choice was Bo. He'd been here a year, was well liked and almost everyone was excited with the hiring. The kool aid was flowing freely, and after the first year, there was a glimmer of hope that our program was heading in the right direction.

Now he's gone. Personally, I think you should have let the DC and OC go. You go after a DC and OC that TO assists in the search for, and you impress upon Bo that he's got a short time frame to get things back on track, or else.

There are a bunch of guys at lower level programs whose names will be thrown out there, and I bet they sound great on paper, but will they be able to do the job? As for Tressel, why would you want him here, because he's like sleeping with a smoking hot girl, you know has a horrific STD. There's the laundry list of the unrealistic choices, which I"m not going to go over, because there's no real chance of any of them coming here.

You're only real choice, is Scott Frost? I think he's got potential, but he's not run a D-1 program yet, and that worries me.

Hence, I think we're f*cked and I have little faith in Eichorst making the right call to run this pro

Long day walks?

Yeah, working 8 hours at my 2nd job, 4 hours at my main gig tonight, and just finding out about this... pretty much...

walks if rumors are true, and we really dont know anyways, for all we know it could be Jim Tressell. It's more of a wait and see rather than the sky is falling at this point. People are saying he's in town, some say it's to consult, but why the heck would a president of a separate university consult on football matters at NU? I could understand it if he was still a coach but a university president? I believe they have more things to do that dont cover football.

It's a guessing game at this point. We could have screwed the pooch or we have already found someone and just finishing the paperwork.

F*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck...

Great, if that sweater vest wearing miscreant is going to run this program, we're hosed...

it's a scary thought!! there would be riots in lincoln.. and sweater vest burnings.. and it's not even funny.. not one little bit..

I'm glad you guys are optimistic, because I would love to be wrong, but I'm seeing Clownahan 2.0...

billy C was fired from the Raiders for turning a super bowl team into a loser. That is a big difference from sweater vest. I also believe sweater vest will hire either Frost or the MSU DC to take over after he retires. I am thinking a 5 year contract.

Thank you Walks......... I have been telling everyone this all friggin day !!!!!! Shawn Eichorst is nothing but a Pearlman puppet and just sign off on his job. Until Pearlman is gone, the entire football program is screwed...... this was what Suh was hinting at earlier in the day. Pearlman is a pu$$y, who was soooo jealous of Coach Osborne that he can't see straight.

Now with TO completely out of the way for a year now, he gets to flex his worthless piece of crap muscle....... Congrats SE, might want to start building your resume, cause unless you hit a home run (which means someone who apparently has to win more than anyone else in the country), you are going down with the next guy.

I 100% agree with Walks......pooch screwed....... and we are the pooch !!!!!!

We were already being screwed. Now the worst case is we get screwed by someone else.