I think we're f*cked...

What part of that sends you in that direction? He is not saying anything that has not been the intrinsic identity of Nebraska Football. Be Great, not just OK.

Most of the last half of his press conference... There were several points (if you'd like I'd cut and paste everything that bothered me) that just made me think we're hosed Timmy, we're hosed...

And I do mean, proper f*cked...

I know that plenty of people we're pissed with Bo, and I understand that. If you wanted Bo gone, you had your reasons, and that's fine.

But here's the problem, who are they going to hire next?

There isn't one realistic candidate that everyone is saying, "oh yeah, he's the guy". When the program was freed from the Clownahan debacle, it was pretty obvious the choice was Bo. He'd been here a year, was well liked and almost everyone was excited with the hiring. The kool aid was flowing freely, and after the first year, there was a glimmer of hope that our program was heading in the right direction.

Now he's gone. Personally, I think you should have let the DC and OC go. You go after a DC and OC that TO assists in the search for, and you impress upon Bo that he's got a short time frame to get things back on track, or else.

There are a bunch of guys at lower level programs whose names will be thrown out there, and I bet they sound great on paper, but will they be able to do the job? As for Tressel, why would you want him here, because he's like sleeping with a smoking hot girl, you know has a horrific STD. There's the laundry list of the unrealistic choices, which I"m not going to go over, because there's no real chance of any of them coming here.

You're only real choice, is Scott Frost? I think he's got potential, but he's not run a D-1 program yet, and that worries me.

Hence, I think we're f*cked and I have little faith in Eichorst making the right call to run this program...

Dude, you couldn't be more wrong. Tom is the one who screwed this program in the first place by forcing Frank on it when he wasn't ready. Then he picked Bo because he would keep his assistants, which are why he told Grobe that he could have the job, but couldn't hire his own AC's. No DC and OC worth their salt would work for a micromanager like Bo. Just look at the offense, first everyone hated Watson for crappy play calling, now it's Beck's fault. Don't you think the HC had anything to do with it? Now Watson is having success elsewhere when he isn't restricted by a meddling HC. Bo has been the real DC the entire seven years he was here, Carl and Pap were only the signal monkeys. They just looked good at first because Bill left him a good amount of NFL talent.

The best thing for this program is for the AD to give SE the money he needs to get the right man for the job. If they want to have Tom give his opinion on who he thinks is the right man, that is fine, but the decision needs to be SE, and SE's only. And that person doesn't need to have Nebraska ties. They just need to understand what this program stands for.

• Fire 1

What part of that sends you in that direction? He is not saying anything that has not been the intrinsic identity of Nebraska Football. Be Great, not just OK.

Most of the last half of his press conference... There were several points (if you'd like I'd cut and paste everything that bothered me) that just made me think we're hosed Timmy, we're hosed...

I had the opposite take watching it live. I thought he got better after it went to the Q&A and he got off the pre-written statement.

• Fire 2

We might just be the Michigan of the Big 10 West...... a proud program, who really wants to live in the past and has revolving door of coaches. Rich-Rod wasn't winning NC's so he is gone........yes, taking teams into Championship games, while Michigan is in a pile of crap for the past few years and apparently choosing to stay there.

Just be careful for what you wish for. SE better knock it out of the freaking park or get extremely lucky.......

It better be bigger than that dude from CSU....come on man...how is that going to be a splash hire for the Huskers?!? It would be really interesting to hear from the coaches around the conference/P5 schools. I know Urban said he was pretty shocked...he also said that about Solich.

Its about fit, not splash. Tim Miles was as far from a "splash hire" as you get, that worked out well. I could come up with a list of College football coaches as well that were not well received on hire, but long term went well.

Never, ever, look to conference foes to check on the status of your coach They want someone in place that they can beat regularly. Meyer would love Hoke to stay on at Mich too.

If you remember, there was a lot of sentiment from the coaching convention last year that most coaches were surprised he was not fired last year. If a coach at OSU ended up with the record details that Pelini had, he would get canned too.

I get it man...I am just very concerned about who SE is going to bring in. I have no trust in him. I am afraid he will bring in some guy like Frost that is not ready to be a head coach and we will continue to fall of of the radar! I would love to have him here as an OC, but not ready for HC, IMO.

And I do mean, proper f*cked...

I know that plenty of people we're pissed with Bo, and I understand that. If you wanted Bo gone, you had your reasons, and that's fine.

But here's the problem, who are they going to hire next?

There isn't one realistic candidate that everyone is saying, "oh yeah, he's the guy". When the program was freed from the Clownahan debacle, it was pretty obvious the choice was Bo. He'd been here a year, was well liked and almost everyone was excited with the hiring. The kool aid was flowing freely, and after the first year, there was a glimmer of hope that our program was heading in the right direction.

Now he's gone. Personally, I think you should have let the DC and OC go. You go after a DC and OC that TO assists in the search for, and you impress upon Bo that he's got a short time frame to get things back on track, or else.

There are a bunch of guys at lower level programs whose names will be thrown out there, and I bet they sound great on paper, but will they be able to do the job? As for Tressel, why would you want him here, because he's like sleeping with a smoking hot girl, you know has a horrific STD. There's the laundry list of the unrealistic choices, which I"m not going to go over, because there's no real chance of any of them coming here.

You're only real choice, is Scott Frost? I think he's got potential, but he's not run a D-1 program yet, and that worries me.

Hence, I think we're f*cked and I have little faith in Eichorst making the right call to run this program...

Dude, you couldn't be more wrong. Tom is the one who screwed this program in the first place by forcing Frank on it when he wasn't ready. Then he picked Bo because he would keep his assistants, which are why he told Grobe that he could have the job, but couldn't hire his own AC's. No DC and OC worth their salt would work for a micromanager like Bo. Just look at the offense, first everyone hated Watson for crappy play calling, now it's Beck's fault. Don't you think the HC had anything to do with it? Now Watson is having success elsewhere when he isn't restricted by a meddling HC. Bo has been the real DC the entire seven years he was here, Carl and Pap were only the signal monkeys. They just looked good at first because Bill left him a good amount of NFL talent.

The best thing for this program is for the AD to give SE the money he needs to get the right man for the job. If they want to have Tom give his opinion on who he thinks is the right man, that is fine, but the decision needs to be SE, and SE's only. And that person doesn't need to have Nebraska ties. They just need to understand what this program stands for.

Trust me, if I'm wrong, then good, but I don't see more bad than good coming out of this...

Walks...this is how I feel. We had zero chance of Pelini winning the conference. They guy plays a good underdog and scrapper but he melts in the spotlight. So what's the difference between not winning titles and 9 wins and not winning titles and 6 wins? To me? Nothing. I still have nothing to celebrate or be excited about either way.

I'm glad you guys are optimistic, because I would love to be wrong, but I'm seeing Clownahan 2.0...

229-79-2 overall record and 94-22 record at tOSU says differently

so does the 2 year probation...

Heard we got it talked down in one of the threads earlier this morning

Thats great, I'm sure Tat shops in and around Lincoln will be thrilled if he gets hired...

• Fire 1

The problem with Nebraska's brand of football has had little to do with coordinators and position coaches. It's the mental state the team brings to the game, especially the games that matter. That's on the head coach at every other University. The notion that Bo just needed to cut loose the key staff members he hired kinda misses the whole point of head coaching.

I was actually excited for this, Bo Pelini's 7th season. The prospect of Bo Pelini's 8th season was the most depressing in my many years as a Husker fan.

I honestly prefer the anarchy of the unknown at this point.

• Fire 1

Someone please clarify two things for me, please. I am truly asking solely for information purposes. Not to troll.

#1 can Tressel even coach next year? Doesn't he have a suspension to finish serving?

#2 Do we really want Tressel. Wasn't he fired from two jobs for being shady with NCAA infractions?

1. Yes he could potentially coach

2. No he wasn't fired from two schools