I think we're f*cked...

Thank you Walks......... I have been telling everyone this all friggin day !!!!!! Shawn Eichorst is nothing but a Pearlman puppet and just sign off on his job. Until Pearlman is gone, the entire football program is screwed...... this was what Suh was hinting at earlier in the day. Pearlman is a pu$$y, who was soooo jealous of Coach Osborne that he can't see straight.

Now with TO completely out of the way for a year now, he gets to flex his worthless piece of crap muscle....... Congrats SE, might want to start building your resume, cause unless you hit a home run (which means someone who apparently has to win more than anyone else in the country), you are going down with the next guy.

I 100% agree with Walks......pooch screwed....... and we are the pooch !!!!!!

Thank you Walks......... I have been telling everyone this all friggin day !!!!!! Shawn Eichorst is nothing but a Pearlman puppet and just sign off on his job. Until Pearlman is gone, the entire football program is screwed...... this was what Suh was hinting at earlier in the day. Pearlman is a pu$$y, who was soooo jealous of Coach Osborne that he can't see straight.

Now with TO completely out of the way for a year now, he gets to flex his worthless piece of crap muscle....... Congrats SE, might want to start building your resume, cause unless you hit a home run (which means someone who apparently has to win more than anyone else in the country), you are going down with the next guy.

Pearl an has nothing to do with the product that has been put on the field for several years now. He has never been identified for lack of execution in the embarrassing losses.

Is he a douche? Maybe, but Bo being gone is because of Bo. Even Suh has to realize Bo is nothing without NFL Pro Bowlers on his team. Can't consistently win with that model.

I don't know what to tell you specifically Walks. But since you mentioned having little faith in Eichorst, all I can recommend is to read the transcript again, and use that as a starting point.

Here's the link to it on Huskers.com

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209788295

When you get there, do a search using <CTRL> F

Type "championship" in the Find bar at the top. Just read each time he mentions it. Maybe it'll ease your mind a little bit. Hang in there man.

I disagree.

Most on the board do disagree with this thought. But, just my opinion, and by this thread, Waks........ I really hope I am wrong, believe me ! I am not saying that I am right, just my opinion.

Walks, it'll be OK man. There are lots of possibilities and a huge number of them have more potential than Bo had. Forcing him to replace coordinators was never going to work and he was too stubborn to do it himself. I have a very good feeling about the short term future of this team.

As for the guys that we could say "oh yeah, he's the guy"

Tressel and McElwain are just two. I happen to believe it will be one of these two and I couldn't be more excited. We knew what we were going to get with Bo, 9 lackluster wins and a couple beat downs at the hands of competent teams with no hardware to show for it. Be happy that we can now hope for something more.

With the resources Nebraska has, and the division its in, just about any coach could be winning 9 games. I don't think you need to make a splash per se, but you need a coach who understands it's business and knows when to cut guys loose, even if they are friends. Somebody who can focus on the macro and put the right people on the bus and get the wrong ones off.

Didn't you want Bo gone as well?

Not right now...

I've said a few times that the OC and DC need to go, that replacements need to be hired, and Bo's got a year or two to unf*ck himself...

Careful here...you will be called out on being naive to think it is their issue.

I am with you that we could very well be f&#39;d...I was talking with some of my buddies (Gophers and Michigan fans) and they were shocked....one of them even said they would be happy with consistent 8-9 win seasons. I know we are in different positions...they also said they would get it if it was strictly for his behavior.

This is very hard for me...the fans are divided. It feels worse than the Solich/BC era...I just have a bad feeling about this!

On Nebraska’s national reputation

“We have wonderful, committed, high character young men in our program, staff, coaches. Those are core values for us. I think everybody knows our five core values. At the end of the day, that’s what Nebraska is all about. We’re humble, hard-working, hungry people, and we are prideful. And we are going to move in that direction.”

and thats why you have Tressel on the radar???? What the f*ck??

We might just be the Michigan of the Big 10 West...... a proud program, who really wants to live in the past and has revolving door of coaches. Rich-Rod wasn't winning NC's so he is gone........yes, taking teams into Championship games, while Michigan is in a pile of crap for the past few years and apparently choosing to stay there.

Just be careful for what you wish for. SE better knock it out of the freaking park or get extremely lucky.......

It better be bigger than that dude from CSU....come on man...how is that going to be a splash hire for the Huskers?!? It would be really interesting to hear from the coaches around the conference/P5 schools. I know Urban said he was pretty shocked...he also said that about Solich.

I'm glad you guys are optimistic, because I would love to be wrong, but I'm seeing Clownahan 2.0...

Why?

It just seems like there are so many members of the fan base that are scarred from that hire. I know we went nice and smooth with coaches for almost 40 years, and the first shock to the system did not go well. But fear of change can't be the driving basis to keep a status quo that was doing nothing but more damage.

The way he got let go at OSU for starters. Why are you going to hire a guy who's lack of command and control hosed a program? Thats like hiring a guy who went to jail for stealing cars, to borrow yours.

I was not asking to Tressel directly. More to the general changes and making the snap comparison to Callahan. Not every change would be Callahan.

I'm not calling for Tressel. I think the NCAA is too unpredictable to deal with when it comes to dealing with penalties. But I have been beating a drum for over a year to remove Pelini.

We might just be the Michigan of the Big 10 West...... a proud program, who really wants to live in the past and has revolving door of coaches. Rich-Rod wasn't winning NC's so he is gone........yes, taking teams into Championship games, while Michigan is in a pile of crap for the past few years and apparently choosing to stay there.

Just be careful for what you wish for. SE better knock it out of the freaking park or get extremely lucky.......

HANC- We aren't going to "turn in to" that Michigan, we are already them. We ARE the program that was once great and has been irrelevant for 15 years. Nothing to fear by trying to right that situation. It can't get any worse than it has already been unless a person has some misguided attachment to 9 wins vs the little sisters of the blind. Pretty sure anybody can come in here and still get minimum 9 wins with our schedule in the the B1G west. There really is no excuse for us not owning our division.

I don't know what to tell you specifically Walks. But since you mentioned having little faith in Eichorst, all I can recommend is to read the transcript again, and use that as a starting point.

Type "championship" in the Find bar at the top. Just read each time he mentions it. Maybe it'll ease your mind a little bit. Hang in there man.

I just read it, and I think we're more hosed than I did before... This mook is going to choose who our HC is going to be?????

• Fire 1

It better be bigger than that dude from CSU....come on man...how is that going to be a splash hire for the Huskers?!? It would be really interesting to hear from the coaches around the conference/P5 schools. I know Urban said he was pretty shocked...he also said that about Solich.

Its about fit, not splash. Tim Miles was as far from a "splash hire" as you get, that worked out well. I could come up with a list of College football coaches as well that were not well received on hire, but long term went well.

Never, ever, look to conference foes to check on the status of your coach They want someone in place that they can beat regularly. Meyer would love Hoke to stay on at Mich too.

If you remember, there was a lot of sentiment from the coaching convention last year that most coaches were surprised he was not fired last year. If a coach at OSU ended up with the record details that Pelini had, he would get canned too.

• Fire 1

I just read it, and I think we're more hosed than I did before... This mook is going to choose who our HC is going to be?????

What part of that sends you in that direction? He is not saying anything that has not been the intrinsic identity of Nebraska Football. Be Great, not just OK.

I was not asking to Tressel directly. More to the general changes and making the snap comparison to Callahan. Not every change would be Callahan.

I'm not calling for Tressel. I think the NCAA is too unpredictable to deal with when it comes to dealing with penalties. But I have been beating a drum for over a year to remove Pelini.

I know you like other folks that have wanted Pelini gone for awhile, and thats fine, I respect that.

The only thing I've ever said is that if we do fire him, we'd better have a legit replacement...