Mike Riley's Staff

I was like "chill out peeps" Coach will go get a good staff will all that cash and resources we have. I know the price of corn is down a bit this year, but heck I am not too encouraged yet on all of this. Sure, I will let it play out till after it is announced that Coach has filled out his entire staff. Please for the love of chocolate, open up the check book to some HR in the recruiting world.

post-4581-0-08823300-1417920419_thumb.gif

I fine it hard to believe Banker comes here to be a position coach only. And considering he's basically been a LB or Secondary coach, if it's true you,know what he'll coach and good bye Mr Warren.

Unless Warren will be made DC due to his experience at AF.

Either way, if true, this isn't a power 5 championship level staff.

• Fire 1

I fine it hard to believe Banker comes here to be a position coach only. And considering he's basically been a LB or Secondary coach, if it's true you,know what he'll coach and good bye Mr Warren.

Unless Warren will be made DC due to his experience at AF.

Either way, if true, this isn't a power 5 championship level staff.

But thenthe staff numbers don't add up . you'd still need a dline coach and are already taking a spot strictly for special teams.

I wouldn't be a fan of either scenario.

Coach Riley has the resources now at Nebraska -- he should use them.

This. It basically just boils down to this.

This entire hire comes down to how/if Riley uses his newfound resources. From the initial word, I am not encouraged.

• Fire 2

I just read this:

Saturday night, Sports Illustrated's Lindsey Schnell reported that Mike Cavanaugh, Mark Banker and Bruce Read were coming to Nebraska.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/report-three-more-oregon-state-assistants-joining-riley-at-nu/article_13078864-7db3-11e4-b16a-5f5746502a78.html

Interesting-

Yeah, we've only been discussing this for the past page and a half. Thanks for reading.

Better not be as DC...

I will flip the f#*k out...

I don't think warren would be out recruiting unless he was being retained. Which really lines up with him at D-coordinator. Orgeron could still come on as a d-line coach, but then we'd lose Kaz.

It's a tough spot either way and Riley gets it his way, not what we want. We can hope that his endorsement of Banker for HC means he didn't intend to bring him along, but that's just conjecture at this point.