Mike Riley's Staff

He's also not going to announce current staff retentions until after the bowl game. He won't put one or two assistants in that position while they have several weeks left to work alongside their colleagues who won't be retained.

Riley must be a freakishly busy man. He's been doing nothing but jetsetting the past several days -- well, today, he should be back in Lincoln for the officials. Hard to believe that just one week ago, the guy was being introduced as head coach. It's been non stop since then, and I believe it was also reported that he's been conducting interviews in the meantime for assistants.

I really don't know how he has enough hours in the day.

Quite refreshing to see a coach grind like this, huh?

Even more refreshing to see a group of coaches, and the individuals who work in the office, embrace the fan base and what they can offer. It's quite different than being thought of as a hindrance and an annoyance to the program you cheer for.

I concur man. Definitely.

I really love what we're seeing out of the recruiting effort right now. He and his small staff, of what he's named so far, are busting butt out there on the recruiting trail trying to get the work done. This couldn't have started any better for him. Save the recruiting class and bring in some others to make it better, key is getting them all to signing day now!

If they keep this whole recruiting class intact....I will crap myself. Huge kudos if that happens. So many positives you can take away from that.

This is what im focusing on as well. But like I said someone posed the question what i didnt like and that is why i didnt like the hire. Rileys losses concern me more than his wins. Some of his losses are perplexing. But im willing to wait and see what goes on in lincoln. Nothing could of ever been done about who was hired and who he hires, that is beyond us. All we can do is hope, because in the end that is all any of us can do.

Did Pelini's losses concern you?

Riley has had his fair share of losses but he has also had his fair share of beating better teams, something Bo lacked.

I just have to say, I am liking Riley more and more. I'm starting to think the ginger might be a genius for getting this guy.

Everything that he has done since being announced as the head coach has been about as spot on as possible. From recruiting, to social media, to how he has handled announcing "assistants", he is working flawlessly right now.

I couldn't be more excited about the huskers moving forward.

And I will say this, I didn't really want bo to be fired, but I would not be NEARLY as excited about whats happening with the huskers if bo was still the coach right now.

Very well said...I was ready for Bo to go, but it's refreshing to see some guys who were strong Bo supporters recognize that Riley has done well so far.

This is what im focusing on as well. But like I said someone posed the question what i didnt like and that is why i didnt like the hire. Rileys losses concern me more than his wins. Some of his losses are perplexing. But im willing to wait and see what goes on in lincoln. Nothing could of ever been done about who was hired and who he hires, that is beyond us. All we can do is hope, because in the end that is all any of us can do.

Did Pelini's losses concern you?

Riley has had his fair share of losses but he has also had his fair share of beating better teams, something Bo lacked.

Some of Bos wins and losses concerned me. Again, there are a group of us who were against the Mike Riley hire for reasons other than we just loved Bo so much.

I really love what we're seeing out of the recruiting effort right now. He and his small staff, of what he's named so far, are busting butt out there on the recruiting trail trying to get the work done. This couldn't have started any better for him. Save the recruiting class and bring in some others to make it better, key is getting them all to signing day now!

If they keep this whole recruiting class intact....I will crap myself. Huge kudos if that happens. So many positives you can take away from that.

Better prepare the cleanup, unless you know something new about Jurkovic who has already bolted.

Better prepare the cleanup, unless you know something new about Jurkovic who has already bolted.

Jurkovic was basically gone already. He was visiting Ohio State the day before Pelini was fired. Same with Bussey. He was already wavering/half-way decommitted before Pelini left. Remember how much Bussey's "always loved Tennessee" or whatever his dad said.

I don't put either of those on Mike Riley's inability to hold this recruiting class together. Just as I wouldn't put Hart's and Love's transfers on Riley. Those were already in the works.

They lost more than they won.

Good observations.......get over it already!

I refuse to judge any of these highers until they've had a season to prove themselves.

They asked the question and i posted my answer. You get over it. I am liking what im seeing with recruting and am trying to look at this positively but when they asked the question i gave them my honest answer. I dont like the fact they lost more then they won and the fashion in some of those losses. Those are my legitimate problems with the hire, no negativity or trolling. Those are my issues.
Point is, you've been negative all over the board about Reilly, I hope you are going to focus on the positive, but you can't deny you've been negative towards the hire. That's what I'm saying.....

The best view in college football! #GBR

Did Nebraksa previously have a "Director of Player Personnel?" Or was that Jamrog? Are any of these three administrative people from OSU filling new positions at NU?

Jamrog is technically "Assistant Athletic Director for Football." The rest of the support staff can be found here. Brian Crist has been the Director of Player Personnel.

• Fire 1

Jurkovic was basically gone already. He was visiting Ohio State the day before Pelini was fired. Same with Bussey. He was already wavering/half-way decommitted before Pelini left. Remember how much Bussey's "always loved Tennessee" or whatever his dad said.

I don't put either of those on Mike Riley's inability to hold this recruiting class together. Just as I wouldn't put Hart's and Love's transfers on Riley. Those were already in the works.

Jeez, I can't read worth a crap.

Jurkovic bolted the day they fired Bo and not after Riley was hired, so I wouldn't put that on the new staff either. In fact, if they flipped him back i would be major league impressed. It sounds like Cavanaugh stopped to see him.

The best view in college football! #GBR

Did Nebraksa previously have a "Director of Player Personnel?" Or was that Jamrog? Are any of these three administrative people from OSU filling new positions at NU?

Jamrog is technically "Assistant Athletic Director for Football." The rest of the support staff can be found here. Brian Crist has been the Director of Player Personnel.

I am really liking this staff that Riley is bringing from OSUw. Gunderson has been on twitter pimping Nebraska and helping with recruiting. I don't think I ever seen Crist do that while he was here. To me, It shows that this staff takes recruiting seriously and has fun doing it at the same time.