NU never contacted Scott Frost per Oregon Head Coach

I'm pretty sure I would have been 10x more disappointed had Frost been hired as head coach of Nebraska. He inherited a great offense, and has continued the status quo. He is no where near ready to RUN a program by himself, He has barely had a YEAR as a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Man, I dont understand how people are in such a tizzy about the Riley hire but would have welcomed an unproven rookie head coach just because he has NU ties.

Asinine

Of course that's true.

Why would anyone want this young pup?

Never trust anyone who falls into a great thing and has never built anything.

Lane Kiffin got handed the keys to a Ferrari at USC from 2003-2006...and suddenly everyone thought he was a great coach.

I could have been the OC for those USC teams and done well.

Chip Kelly set up an entire program and system that the current HC is simply continuing and following and the OC is doing everything that was already set in place.

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.
I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.
I asked her, "Is Scott Frost coming to NU as our new OC?"
She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."
I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"
She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."
I asked her, "how much will Frost be offered?"
She said, "something close to Beck's, maybe more."
I said, "I've heard 7 figures, is that accurate?"
She said, "yea, that certainly could be the plan."
I asked her about Orgeron and if he's been brought as a DL or DC by Riley.
She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."
I said, "Have you met Coach Riley yet?"
She said, "Yes, he's a very nice guy and everyone was impressed."
I asked her what she thought of Bo.
She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."
That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.
I guess we'll see how this plays out.
GO DUCKS!

That's a very interesting conversation. I would be impressed if it is true. I think Riley is looking to go out on top and thinks he has a good chance of winning a title or 2 at NU over the next 4-5 years. Then to pass the baton to SF would be rather cool. I think this is a very plausible scenario. Over on another board a very reliable source is saying that a meeting is scheduled for Riley and Frost sometime on Saturday. Frost and Riley are friends this is not that far fetched.

I'm pretty sure I would have been 10x more disappointed had Frost been hired as head coach of Nebraska. He inherited a great offense, and has continued the status quo. He is no where near ready to RUN a program by himself, He has barely had a YEAR as a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Man, I dont understand how people are in such a tizzy about the Riley hire but would have welcomed an unproven rookie head coach just because he has NU ties.

Asinine

I could have been the OC for those USC teams and done well.

Shaking_head.gif

Whatever guys. Think what you want. Its not about the hire. Fact is riley was the first and only choice. And based on the swiftness of this process, this was dine weeks ago, probably after Bos last shitpantsing And its fact as a state inst they have to file documentation on the process.

It was done weeks ago, yet he wasn't contacted until Monday or Tuesday?
i know. Damn truth tellin lawyers anyway.....

some have brought up the idea of him joining Riley's staff. Riley himself admitted he has thought about it.
“I've got a lot of respect for Scott”, Riley said. "There is no doubt about it, and I was thinking about that on the plane coming out here and the connection there. I have no idea. I have just talked to Scott briefly, and have followed him in his career there. It is an interesting thought. I have no idea where it might go.”

I wouldn't tattoo "lock" on my arm over a rumor like this, but as rumors go, it's either really creative, or really close to the decision-making process.

So purely hypothetical question for ya Husker_x. It's for a buddy I know. More like a coworker I ran into...

Anyway, let's say someone was at the tattoo parlor all day getting full-back ink. In Old English letters, shoulder to shoulder was "OC Frost HC" and below that, again full-back ink, was a really sweet black ink outline of Frost's head shot. Vertically along the left side it said "Husker" and vertically on the right side "Power" (both black outline, red fill).

Would that be something you would think is reasonable over this rumor?!?!? Again just asking for a buddy. Appreciate your thoughts.

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.

I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.

She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."

I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"

She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."

She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."

She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."

That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.

GO DUCKS!

I wouldn't tattoo "lock" on my arm over a rumor like this, but as rumors go, it's either really creative, or really close to the decision-making process.

Not to be a Debbie downer about the rumor, but the post could've been taken down due to the fact that it may be violating HIPAA....he did state that he helped a patient that worked in the Admin Dept. At Neb...should've never stated that...

Just a thought...

GO DUCKS!

If you were Frost, would you take the Nebraska OC job tomorrow (assuming it is available to him) when it looking like your Ducks will be heading in to the first ever college football finals with a 50:50 shot at getting in the championship game (or better yet winning the whole thing)?

I am not saying it would be enough for him not to take the job, but would it give you pause to take it until after your final game (playoff game or championship)?

GO DUCKS!

If you were Frost, would you take the Nebraska OC job tomorrow (assuming it is available to him) when it looking like your Ducks will be heading in to the first ever college football finals with a 50:50 shot at getting in the championship game (or better yet winning the whole thing)?

I am not saying it would be enough for him not to take the job, but would it give you pause to take it until after your final game (playoff game or championship)?

I agree...he has an opportunity within a month or so to win his first championship ring as a coach. I don't see the incentive for him to leave unless its to become a HC somewhere.

Also, just a general question...Frost is running an up-tempo pass heavy offense. It definitely is fun to watch and scores a lot of points. Wisconsin also scores a lot of points, with a run-heavy attack. NU has traditionally focused on the run. Would you prefer to model Oregon's system or Wisconsins?