The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

lol you clearly still don't know how bo did things while he was here...

Please. Clear things up.for me. Tell me how a coach goes 9/10-4 6 consecutive years by not starting and playing the best players at the position?

Youll never convince me that Martinez was our best chance to win on 2010 over a senior Zack Lee

Well that's dumb.

Based on the offense that was being run, I would tend to agree.

You do realize until TM got hurt vs Missouri that he was running over the Big 12 and was being mentioned in Heisman talks, right?
Yes! Sorry Martinez's running ability put him above Lee. It's not like Lee was a world beater.

Youll never convince me that Martinez was our best chance to win on 2010 over a senior Zack Lee

Well that's dumb.

Based on the offense that was being run, I would tend to agree.

You do realize until TM got hurt vs Missouri that he was running over the Big 12 and was being mentioned in Heisman talks, right?
having to be benched against sdsu and a bad texas? It was zach lee that came in and actually moved the ball against Texas and had us in position to come back and win that game if kinnie and paul coulda caught the ball. Injuries are a part of the game. If a taylor on a bum leg completely neutralizes his threat as a qb, thats kind of the whole point. Im still of the opinion that with that defense lee was the better choice. The chemistry woulda been better by years end and we woulda had more of an identity established. When Martinez went down,we didnt know what the hell to do.

But serious. If you think the skillset and comfort level of our playcaller shawn watson, to say Martinez gave us the best chance is wrong in my opinion. Yes, its just an opinion. And it sums up the whole pelini era. Different skillsets and areas of expertise conflicting across the board in both staff and players.

• Fire 1

Bo started a RS freshman at QB over a Senior because he felt like he gave him the best chance to win. I fully believe that if Stanton was better than Armstrong this year, he would have started.

Please. Clear things up.for me. Tell me how a coach goes 9/10-4 6 consecutive years by not starting and playing the best players at the position?

riiiiight. because those two are mutually exclusive...

smh.

like i said in my last post, some of these arguments are needlessly revisionist. if you really think that with the talent that has been on that lincoln campus, we could not have dropped less than 4 games a year, and in the ways we did, then there's no need to discuss more.

Boyd coming back would make a huge impact. I truly believe it's a major factor

in our play the last ten to twelve years. If you think Riley has any type of weight training guru

At Oregon St you're very off base. Oregon State has never out muscled much of anyone.

In fact a few schools like Eastern Washington and Sacremento St put the beat down on the Beavers. Even

Portland St gave Oregon State all they wanted. The whole Mike Riley story out here in the

NW has been the joke of Portland the last two days. Various remarks like "can you believe who Nebraska hired". They did what? Yeah we want to win Conference titles and championships. Hmmmm......as Scott Frost and his O is currently up 44-7 on Arizona. I think we contacted the wrong Oregon school. Of course Husker faithful will get behind and believe anything the media tells them. Im sure I'll get several responses like I've got today. Some called me pissed. Some called me stupid and grumpy. I say that's the typical response from all of America today. When they hear things they don't agree with or believe they like to name call and then discredit. All I know I've lived close to Oregon State for over 15 years. I've seen the interviews on TV. I've seen the games live and I know ex Oregon State players. Mike Riley is a nice guy and treats people very nice. What I've seen from his teams over the years. West Coast pro style offense. Lots of penalties, and an over all feeling of being soft. They've rose to occasion in several games and beat highly ranked teams. They've also lost to the powerhouse of Sacremento St and Eastern Washington. I know EU won the Div 2 title. Ok folks if you're ok with NU losing to Chadron state then just keep on believing. I hope all of you and coach Mike Riley prove me wrong. I do know he has coached for a long time and he's just above the .500 mark. I do know the Charges gave him a boot very quick. Prove me wrong please. I just know the product I've seen up and close. Not like the majority of you who asked who? Then goggled his name and did some internet research and started listening to all the talking heads. Several people have been bashing Collin Cowherd on this site from ESPN for his remarks. Cowherd knows like I do. He use to be the radio guy in Portland for 1610 The fan. He's seen it up in close. Don't believe the hype. It's going to be Callahan Part 2, but worse.

Come on, StPaul. You should know by now that the best QB is always the #2 guy on the depth chart. Unless we win every game, and then I guess the starter is okay. :lol:

/sarcasm

Drive1010-huh as of recently. Oregon Ducks have been lights out last ten years. Show me last time our Huskers did anything? 2001 when we got rocked in the title game. Scott Frost and his Offense just hung 50 plus on the Beavers last weekend. Game was over before half time. Im no Duck fan and in fact I think Arizona is going to beat them again tonight. I've been watching Beaver games and following the Beavers for years. Mike Riley is a very nice guy. He's a man of character and integrity, but I question the hire. I just don't see the wins in his resume. Only place he had real success was the CFL.

Then obviously all we need to do is stretch the field a lil bit and sneak a 12th guy into the backfield and we'll be fine. Hi everybody, went into a "board shell" (at another board) cuz i didnt wanna post all negative and get trolly. So i figured with the new beginning i'd try a new board. Happy with the hire. Time will tell. I'll give Coach Riley that.