Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

What kind of world do we live in where a man is not allowed to whip his dong out in public? SMH

But in all seriousness, I don't know the whole story, and I'm biased because I think he's an exceptionally talented DE which we need next year, but from an outsiders perspective, I don't like how this looks. It stinks.

Wish more people would admit this.

You can debate all you want whether he should have been let back in but it is complete bullsh#t they waited until 3 days before classes. IMO this should have been resolved a month ago to give him time to teansfer. Disappointed.

He could have transferred at any time. No one was making him wait for the university's decision.

ya well he routinely met with dean of students and it sounds like they gave him guidelines he had to follow. So yes they should have at least had the decency to give him more time to transfer then 3 days.

Ironic how you feel the university should have decency but not Moss.
Ya I never said that. I'm fine with the decision but it should have been made in a timely manner. You can't tell me they made this decision last night or this morning. Moss was an idiot and is now paying for it. Just would have liked them to give him a quicker decision.

The university owes Moss nothing.

• Fire 2

Not quite the whole story Headley. He made Osborne the AD, not the interim AD. Then when Osborne wouldn't get rid of Pelini he started looking for TO's replacement without his knowledge. When Osborne found out he announced his retirement. Harvey is a snake in the grass.

What proof of this do you have? I ask because this sounds like Osborne was forced out and Osborne himself has gone on record to say he wasn't forced out.

osborne went on record saying the only possible thing he could say in that sitatuation. pelini was on record saying something different.

not saying either is true, but i don't think pelini would just make that crap up, and i wouldn't expect osborne to every confirm it as fact.

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines. Osborne was probably brought in to "right the ship" after the Steve Peterson experiment ran off the rails probably less so then he was brought in to save Perlman's ass from all the pitchfork wielding fans and boosters for making that hire, giving everyone contract extensions, etc. Then once things calmed down and Perlman decided Bo had to go in comes another puppet that was hired without consulting or any involvment by the current interim AD, who is a living legend in that place, and he gets phased out so HP could push his agenda without someone above football who could actually push back at all.

So no, the Chancellor shouldn't be judged on Athlectics usually excepting that he keeps sticking his nose in them. That's why if Coach Riley ends up with a similar record here to his long history of mediocrity in Corvalis Perlman will need to get canned along with the rests of the staff and AD. Nobody is rooting for that, but that'll be the reality of the situation if the program needs saving again. Otherwise we'll just keep letting Perlman repeat the same cycle that's already kept the program down for over a decade now.

Osborne was "probably brought in to right the ship"? Really? That's exactly why he was brought back in as interim AD after Pedersen was fired.

Again, I'll ask why Osborne needs to be consulted for every decision concerning the football team? And exactly what is this agenda Perlman is pushing?

Perhaps because he was in the job that was being filled and has a long history in athletics and had basically been running that part of the job in football since before devany left, because he built the thing to what it was when it was at it's best, or because he calmed the boosters that would've taken HP down too by coming back. Not saying he should have had final say, but you know getting his opinion of candidates during the process wouldn't have been a bad thing, even if it was ignored at least it would be respectful.

Not quite the whole story Headley. He made Osborne the AD, not the interim AD. Then when Osborne wouldn't get rid of Pelini he started looking for TO's replacement without his knowledge. When Osborne found out he announced his retirement. Harvey is a snake in the grass.

What proof of this do you have? I ask because this sounds like Osborne was forced out and Osborne himself has gone on record to say he wasn't forced out.

osborne went on record saying the only possible thing he could say in that sitatuation. pelini was on record saying something different.

not saying either is true, but i don't think pelini would just make that crap up, and i wouldn't expect osborne to every confirm it as fact.

Some people here have trouble reading between the lines. Osborne was probably brought in to "right the ship" after the Steve Peterson experiment ran off the rails probably less so then he was brought in to save Perlman's ass from all the pitchfork wielding fans and boosters for making that hire, giving everyone contract extensions, etc. Then once things calmed down and Perlman decided Bo had to go in comes another puppet that was hired without consulting or any involvment by the current interim AD, who is a living legend in that place, and he gets phased out so HP could push his agenda without someone above football who could actually push back at all.

So no, the Chancellor shouldn't be judged on Athlectics usually excepting that he keeps sticking his nose in them. That's why if Coach Riley ends up with a similar record here to his long history of mediocrity in Corvalis Perlman will need to get canned along with the rests of the staff and AD. Nobody is rooting for that, but that'll be the reality of the situation if the program needs saving again. Otherwise we'll just keep letting Perlman repeat the same cycle that's already kept the program down for over a decade now.

Osborne was "probably brought in to right the ship"? Really? That's exactly why he was brought back in as interim AD after Pedersen was fired.

Again, I'll ask why Osborne needs to be consulted for every decision concerning the football team? And exactly what is this agenda Perlman is pushing?

Perhaps because he was in the job that was being filled and has a long history in athletics and had basically been running that part of the job in football since before devany left, because he built the thing to what it was when it was at it's best, or because he calmed the boosters that would've taken HP down too by coming back. Not saying he should have had final say, but you know getting his opinion of candidates during the process wouldn't have been a bad thing, even if it was ignored at least it would be respectful.

I have the utmost respect for Osborne's achievements as the head coach at Nebraska.

Let's take a look at some of his advice and decisions since he retired from coaching. He recommended Steve Pedersen for the position of AD. How did that work out? He recommended Frank Solich as head coach. How did that work out? He hired Bo Pelini as our head coach. How did that work out?

His contributions in regards to personnel changes after his retirement have not worked out very well at all. So why would you want his advice on more personnel changes? Unless the University is paying him as a consultant maybe we should just let the man live peaceably in retirement.

All he had to do was not commit sexual assault twice and he stays.

He didn't commit sexual assault.
Pleading exposing yourself twice down to indecency then. Semanticsboard lives!

I still don't want him back.

He didn't need to plead it down. None of his actions were first, second, or third degree sexual assault in Nebraska. It is not semantics, it is the law. You are are improperly applying it and accusing a former Husker player of a crime he didn't commit.

Maybe he's not guilty of sexual assault, as legally defined in Nebraska. However, in some states flashing would be considered sexual assault.

First. The crime happened in Nebraska, the only laws that matter are the ones written in Nebraska.

Second. even if this wasn't in Nebraska assault requires touching another person. So unless he physically touched her it wasn't sexual assault in any state.

In the end though, he is not going to be let in campus because he came back to the dorms one day too early, and not because of crimes he committed. This is unfortunate and sad (if they wanted to ban him for life, they should have done so in the first place)but we should move on.

Not really true. Battery usually requires physical contact... not assault. Just sayin...

The adhominem attacks for anyone that doesn't go along with the groupthink on this site is why the posters with good info have left this site years ago.

People with good info post here daily. If you don't like HuskerBoard, nobody is forcing you to come here.

All you are doing, with your post, is proving him right.

The adhominem attacks for anyone that doesn't go along with the groupthink on this site is why the posters with good info have left this site years ago.

Who were the posters with good info who left?

ADS and PaulCrewe both used to post all the time. Now, not much. da skers along with a few others.

This is true and not true. methodical is making a claim about people who have left years ago. da skers was active through 2013, and ADS/Crewe still post to this day. ADS & Crewe can speak for themselves about why they post less often, but as I recall it corresponded more with EZ-E's ban than with the chaos of the board in Pelini's final year.

Having said that, I've been told by numerous members that they post less because of the chaos, and they've named specific people as perpetrators of that chaos. I, personally, posted less in 2014 than I had the previous several years, and, like many people, I specifically avoided the Football Forum as much as possible because I was tired of the same arguments from the same people over & over.

Regarding methodical's claim that "posters with good info" don't post here anymore, that's crap. Some people don't post here anymore, true, but we get new members almost daily, some with great insights & unique perspectives. What is unequivocal is that there is nothing on other boards that is not on HuskerBoard. Further, it's often here first. Further still, many of the "insiders" I see on other boards are often wrong - and to be fair, self-labeled "insiders" here are often wrong as well.

HuskerBoard is not immune to problems, or problem members. Every board has them, and every board has people who launch ad hom attacks. Such things are more rampant at other message boards, but that's cyclical as well.

Bottom line, nobody is forced to post here. Nobody, and I mean *nobody* is irreplaceable here at HuskerBoard, or any other board. Claiming "the good posters" don't post here anymore reeks more of a personal gripe than anything else.

It's a privilege to be a member here. It's the best Nebraska message board on the internet, it's free, and because of that it has the best flow of information and discussions of any board, period. So if someone wants to claim how bad this place is (methodical), they're welcome to make good on that claim and leave.

• Fire 6

Why does everyone assume this is some sick perverted thing that he did. Like others have said sometimes h.s. and college age guys just do some dumb $hit. When I was in college one of the kids in a different fraternity house took the house Greek year book picture with his balls hanging out. It was really dumb and immature.... and completely f'ing hilarious. The guy became a legend and every guy who saw that picture laughed his ass off. Maybe Moss just thought it would be funny as $hit to go up and purchase something with his junk hanging out. For #uck sake he didn't rape a baby.

The problem is while Moss thought it was the funny, the Lincoln PD and the University of Nebraska didn't. Like it or not, athletes are going to be held to a higher standard and football at Nebraska are under an even bigger microscope. I have no data to back this up, but I think Moss's chance to play went out the window when Pelini got sacked.

He is not being held to a higher standard. If you went and waved your penis at a store employee, the police would be called on you as well.