OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

I don't know. Looking at this now, yes, I'm glad we parted ways with Bo. But I don't like Eichorst regardless if he had security or not. Just listening to him, things I've read about him, don't like the guy.

That's how I always make my conclusions about people too.

Elaborate on what you've read which makes you dislike him, energy vampire.

No.

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Youngstown_State_Penguins

You're a Youngstown State fan? Why would you post a link to that?

He wants the Bo fans to follow Bo instead of being annoying here.

So when I said I'm glad we parted ways with Bo, you just skipped over that? Okay.

• Fire 1

I'm not sure what is more fascinating...

1) the fact that he comes across as a petulant teenager bitching about how his parents grounded him for no reason

2) his apparent complete inability to temper the emotions of a group of young men who needed a calming voice and some kind of message to help them move ahead

3) or Bo's complete ineptitude in even HAVING a coherent message after two days to think about it. He may have his players' 'back', but is it any wonder why the players lack direction on the field? That was a truly misguided rambling.

Best soundbite of the day:

'This stays here, fellas'

so much of it is so bizarre. bo's pity for himself and not getting enough support. wondering what he was doing here. just coach football, man. no one is out to get you. and what did he want from the AD? seriously. what is he talking about? did he really want the AD hanging around practices and the locker? what would he have said then?

then when he talked about core values. again, what is he talking about? and the only value of bo's seems to be blind loyalty to incompetence. his incessant need for support, which what that exactly means is vague. and what did he do to foster a relationship with the AD. and why could he not just coach? just worry about the upcoming games. he has only himself for getting so wrapped up in any other drama, mostly self-created.

just bizarre.

Yep. Add to it him telling the players that its ok for them to leave or stay if they choose. wow.

What was most striking to me was the fact that the players were snickering and laughing as he called his boss names.

i really want to be shocked that anyone would still try to defend bo after this, but meh. looks like if someone had made up their mind to stick with Bo over the state of nebraska and the school, then nothing ever will.

• Fire 2

I just finished listening to the audio of the meeting.

I guess we still treat these players like kids, right? I do think most of the players wanted to know his side of the story, not just what the AD and Harvey said as the only source. He went against the grain and voiced an opinion on issues that the politically correct crowd did not want to hear it. I say he rocked the boat good LMAO. I will say that Harvey and the AD did not know how to interact with Bo. Harvey and the AD better hope this new hire is everything they said he be.

another funny observation: bo still had people on his side. maybe just a vocal minority, but a good amount nonetheless. and he could have just walked out with head held high and some dignity and tried to be successful at his next place and prove that eichorst made a mistake. but he did not. he removed what little doubt any reasonable person may have had on the firing.

anymore, i feel bad that eichorst had to work with bo and had pressure to keep him. that seems a lot worse than being a coach at a tradition-rich university and having the expectation of winning; which is ridiculous to complain about (esp. when clocking in just over $3 mil.).

• Fire 3

Really didn't enjoy reading and hearing this. I supported Bo for a long time and wanted him to succeed here but the guy clearly has issues. His own worst enemy and he doesn't even realize it. Confirms also what I have been hearing...there are players on this team that did not appreciate this attitude and character from Bo...it would be hard having him as a coach. There were some players that loved this type of mentality but there are plenty who did not.

We need to and are moving forward. GBR!

• Fire 1

Not everybody acts like an uncontrolled and immature cro-magnon when angry. Typically, the less intelligent one is, the more they lash out when met with adversity.

"So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here!"

Not all anger is lashing out at adversity...

...and Cro-Magnon man was the "civilized" caveman. I think you meant "Neandrathal".

No, I did not mean Neandrathal, or that is what I would have chosen. If I have offended the cro-magnons by comparing them to Bo, I do apologize. I think "civilized caveman" works well for Bo in this case. No not all anger is lashing out in adversity, hence me using the words "not everybody" and "typically" and not using the word "all".

Revoke his buyout.

My understanding it is a private conversation to his former players at an off campus meeting... My understanding non team required... So private meeting at a private site...

The guy got fired letting off steam. I think most people see it for what it is.

Not like he called ESPN and said hey guys let me tell you all the skeletons in the NU closet. If that was the case yes revoke his buyout.

Bo needs to however realize there are people recording him. Seems some people love this car crash and love staring at it, and or *cough* Polo *cough* gloating at a mans demise.

I am sure in a week if Bo says F@## NU at a Christmas party and is recorded, certain insidious board members that just cant win will post it and want to hire Bo again and fire him all over again!

dedhoarse

Question: Besides boredom or spite why do you care? I do not care or argue with the crazy angry man at the grocery store that blames Obama for it raining today. Most likely who ever recorded Bo probably got a pay day for doing so from the press...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81449531/

I think this scene from Extras of Ricky Gervais on the media really sums it up. Yes it is gutter media, private conversation - get on with your life. If you are laying in the gutter to get a upskirt of a celebrity than you are the gutter press.

Bo is gone.

Everyone should thank Bo for turning the program back in the right direction from the pederson-callahan debacle instead of bashing him.

We owe Pelini a lot less than he owes us. We gave him far more than his ability, experience, and character deserved.
Yeah, I guess turning around a bad team, no cheating, graduating players, having players love him doesn't deserve a simple thanks or good luck. Or at least not a ripping.

I guessing you don't follow Scott Shanle on twitter

You mean the Scott Shanle who never played for Pelini? Yes and I do follow nate gerry, michael rose, valentine, finnin, Rex Burkhead, etc....... who actually played for him and all said Pelini was the best coach they've ever had.

He's also the only college coach they ever had. Sort of like when I tell my wife she's my favorite wife.

Rex Burkhead, J. Sirles... plenty of former players (even who have had NFL coaches) love Bo.

My understanding it is a private conversation to his former players at an off campus meeting... My understanding non team required... So private meeting at a private site...

So let's call it for what it is. In his farewell speech, Bo attempted to turn his entire team against the administration and athletic department.

He led a chorus of sniggers as he called his boss, the NU athletic director, every name in the book. (Real cowardice, by the way)

He told players that this place is a (redacted), in part because of "a lot of the former players", among just about everything else.

After all the talk about what a miserable place it was, he suggested Nebraska players take a long hard look at if they'll be happy here and to transfer if they won't.

All of this is beyond horrifying. And plainly it was not the first time he's talked about this, or like this, to his team. That's the man the University of Nebraska employed for seven years to lead a group of over a hundred of its student-athletes, and to represent UNL in the homes of countless high school students around the country.

There's a lot of good things about Bo, too, but there's no getting around that this is who he is, and this is how he's treated this place and the charge he was given. I wish it weren't the case, but it is, and Bo alone is responsible for who he is.

• Fire 6

So let's call it for what it is. In his farewell speech, Bo attempted to turn his entire team against the administration and athletic department.

He led a chorus of sniggers as he called his boss, the NU athletic director, every name in the book. (Real cowardice, by the way)

He told players that this place is a (redacted), in part because of "a lot of the former players", among just about everything else.

After all the talk about what a miserable place it was, he suggested Nebraska players take a long hard look at if they'll be happy here and to transfer if they won't.

All of this is beyond horrifying. And plainly it was not the first time he's talked about this, or like this, to his team. And there's the man the University of Nebraska employed for seven years to lead a group of over a hundred of its student-athletes, and to represent UNL in the homes of countless high school students around the country.

There's a lot of good things about Bo, too, but there's no getting around that this is who he is, and this is how he's treated this place and the charge he was given. I wish it weren't the case, but Bo alone is responsible for who he is.

Again we did not hear the audio of this private conversation.

However we seem to take away what we want from it. I read in it support, you (the player) made your resume for the NFL and regardless of what they do to me the tape speaks for itself.

I wish Bo would not talk this way I wish his good bye speech was more classy, but that is not what we get with Bo we got the good with the bad, however that being said he is gone.

Who cares what he says to people from now on?

How many players after this speech transferred from Nebraska?

Personally if you dislike Bo the best thing you could do is show him love, prove him wrong.

I wish Bo the best, to bad it did not work out here, hope Nebraska plays against a D-1 Team he is coaching soon!

Please Bo take your 28 million dollars for the wonderful job you have done, the shining example you have made our program. The guiding display you gave our team over the years, the enlightment of all the side line refs of how a true professional coach acts. Your leadership on so many fronts are so appreciated. Please leave, knowing full well that all of Nebraska will miss you in the upcoming days and years. All of us know that you are the right way and we will always wish for your return.

Are you happy now. Go away.

• Fire 1

Everyone should thank Bo for turning the program back in the right direction from the pederson-callahan debacle instead of bashing him.

We owe Pelini a lot less than he owes us. We gave him far more than his ability, experience, and character deserved.
I don't really buy the "turning the program around" angle, anyway. Were the 2014 Huskers really any better than the 2008 Huskers? Very little progress was made overall (not Bo's fault according to Bo).
  • Fire 4