SIGNED (2015) SG Jack McVeigh

I hope this kid can shoot 3's. His video looks like he's playing against a bunch of gym rats. The BIG will be a bit tougher. Miles must see something in him.

The video was from a scrimmage!

I see that from the title of the video. But a scrimmage of what? The other 9 kids I saw were similar to class B talent in Nebraska high school.

I hope this kid can shoot 3's. His video looks like he's playing against a bunch of gym rats. The BIG will be a bit tougher. Miles must see something in him.

I see that from the title of the video. But a scrimmage of what? The other 9 kids I saw were similar to class B talent in Nebraska high school.

I can not say as I do not look at local talent on a day to day basis. Miles and staff does, so I trust them to build a good team as they see. Oh yes, they do get paid to do this!

You must watch the lower end of the class B schools then. There's some pretty decent basketball that gets played at the top end of class B

With that size i expect him to play forward here at Nebraska. A great get I like him in the highlights he attacked the basket and didn't settle for jumpers.

I wonder how we get Akoy here I assume if he were to commit to Nebraska we would be over the limit and maybe Petteway would leave but if he didn't someone would have to take a walk-on for one year because I doubt we know if anyone would transfer why not transfer now instead of the end of the season maybe? I hope we get Akoy here but I don't know what happens if Petteway stays I guess someone would have to be a walk-on but I think everyone on the team enjoys the scholarship that they have.

With that size i expect him to play forward here at Nebraska. A great get I like him in the highlights he attacked the basket and didn't settle for jumpers.

I wonder how we get Akoy here I assume if he were to commit to Nebraska we would be over the limit and maybe Petteway would leave but if he didn't someone would have to take a walk-on for one year because I doubt we know if anyone would transfer why not transfer now instead of the end of the season maybe? I hope we get Akoy here but I don't know what happens if Petteway stays I guess someone would have to be a walk-on but I think everyone on the team enjoys the scholarship that they have.

He will be a Nick Fuller type. Can shoot but wont play with his back to the basket. He is yet another wing.

I dont think TP gets drafted in first round or even first 45 picks in NBA draft at this point.

Not sure if he stays or decides to move on.

If you look at the guys on Scholarship(below) i put the likelyhood of them being the guy who could clear a spot up:

Benny Parker- not going anywhere/ not a walk on candidate

Terran Petteway- One of the more likely guys that could leave but still thinking he might come back

Walter Pitchford- I dont get the feeling he is happy, he might just graduate and go play Euro ball.

Shavon Shields- kid needs more time to mature, he will stay

Tai Webster- Most likely candidate. Just doesnt seem to be getting it.

Andrew White-Just got here, not going anywhere

Nick Fuller- 5 games ago, he would have been #2 to Tai...now i think he is an outside option but is starting to get some playing time.

Jacob Hammond- Kid just needs to get stronger but think he sticks around and gets more PT

Tarin Smith- He will be our starter next year... he isnt going anywhere

Michael Jacobsen-already signed on the dotted line, not going anywhere

Glynn Watson- same as Jacobsen

Ed Morrow- same as Jacobsen

Jack McVeigh- hasnt signed on dotted line, but doubt they offer scholly if they planned to pull it.

All that i think we have 4 options:

Petteway or Pitch leave a year early

Fuller or Webster transfer

• Fire 1

We should probably start a seperate thread on this subject, but Fuller played 11 minutes last night and TM says that he wants to play him more. If this does happen, I don't see Fuller leaving.

Pitchford, like Shields wants to keep putting NU on the map so I don't see him leaving. He'll be happier (at least this year) when Moses and Leslie are back in a week and he can play less inside.

If it is to happen, I do agree that it is either Petteway declaring early or Webster leaving (I think he would go play Euro ball as he already turned down a contract as opposed to transferring somewhere else in the U.S.)

We should probably start a seperate thread on this subject, but Fuller played 11 minutes last night and TM says that he wants to play him more. If this does happen, I don't see Fuller leaving.

Pitchford, like Shields wants to keep putting NU on the map so I don't see him leaving. He'll be happier (at least this year) when Moses and Leslie are back in a week and he can play less inside.

If it is to happen, I do agree that it is either Petteway declaring early or Webster leaving (I think he would go play Euro ball as he already turned down a contract as opposed to transferring somewhere else in the U.S.)

Agree and that is why the Fuller leaving thing makes less sense... but the whole reason he is here(to shoot the 3) is still not happening. And when Leslee and Moses are back, that might cut his PT.

And not sure if Tai will make much money playing international ball right now.

Tai actually plays better internationally than he ever has here. He could sign pro deal back home. I really dont see him making it here unless something changes very, very soon!! I could see him leaving after this year.

Yeah, most over-seas guys play better back "home" the game is called sooooooooo differently.

It is like Olympic hockey...no clutching or grabbing, no hard hits, wide open play.

• 1 month later...