Where do you see Nebraska Football in five years?

NUpolo8

On T.V or at Memorial Stadium

1 or 2 conference championship appearances. I have to ask, what makes Nebraska fans think they will be any better with Riley? I just don't see it but I do like the optimism.

Experience
Dedication to recruiting
Bringing in the fanbase for a greater product.
Better QB development
Better coordinators who aren't piss boys or yes men

It seems to me that at his age you know exactly what you are going to get. Maybe slightly better than his results at Oregon State but not much better. It is just how I see it but maybe he will prove me wrong.
I tend to agree here. There is something to be said about being a winner and knowing how to do it. By all accounts Mike Riley has not won anything of significance in his coaching career (CFL does not count) Is he at an age where he can afford to learn how to get over the hump? Maybe, but time will tell.

Cfl doesn't count....interesting.

The Bears counted it. Hasn't worked out too well for them.

Couple 9 wins seasons

Couple 10 win seasons

11 win season

A loss in the CCG

1 new years six bowl appearance

People moaning how Riley is too nice and needs some fire.

People upset that we cant defend the pass or a mobile quarterback.

People saying we run too many screen passes.

3 Huskerboard meltdowns

Wanting Scott Frost to leave Oregon and become HC at DONU

• Fire 2

1 or 2 conference championship appearances. I have to ask, what makes Nebraska fans think they will be any better with Riley? I just don't see it but I do like the optimism.

Experience

Dedication to recruiting

Better QB development

It seems to me that at his age you know exactly what you are going to get. Maybe slightly better than his results at Oregon State but not much better. It is just how I see it but maybe he will prove me wrong.

I tend to agree here. There is something to be said about being a winner and knowing how to do it. By all accounts Mike Riley has not won anything of significance in his coaching career (CFL does not count) Is he at an age where he can afford to learn how to get over the hump? Maybe, but time will tell.

can't count the CFL since that goes against his premise.

CFL field is absurd.....have you seen that thing? Its 150 yds long and the end zones take up half an American football field. Anyone could score with that much space to work with.

It's 110 yards.

And did you realize they only get three downs instead of four?

Didn't think so.

Experience

Dedication to recruiting

Better QB development

can't count the CFL since that goes against his premise.

CFL field is absurd.....have you seen that thing? Its 150 yds long and the end zones take up half an American football field. Anyone could score with that much space to work with.

It's 110 yards.

And did you realize they only get three downs instead of four?

Didn't think so.

Spot on Guy....plus, if memory serves me correctly, it's older than American Football. Kids need to do their homework.

I know it's not the point of the thread but to me it's eye popping and I had to do a double take when I realized 2020 was only FIVE YEARS AWAY! Good lord I am old.

If we don't win a title in Riley's first 4 years... it will have been 2 decades since our last Conference title.

Now that is making me feel old!

-The new coaching staff's ability to keep this class together has shown they have chops on the recruiting trail.... No matter how you feel about the new guys, it can't be denied how impressive that is.

- The difference in experience between the Bo/Riley coaching staff is staggering. You have to think experience counts for something.

- The early signs point to the fact that they "get it" in the modern age of CFB. The way they use social media, and embrace the blessing that is Nebraska's fanbase..... is well, a nice change....

I have more, but I'm tired of putting thoughts-to-keyboard :nanalama

Advantage Riley!

(Polo's forecast for the next 5 years of Nebraska football aligns with my thinking as well)

Doing something for along time doesn't necessarily make you good at it. There are other factors involved

I see us winning the West, but I'm not sure about any B1G titles. Ohio State is/was a one team pony in the B1G. They are loaded with talent. Even though Hoke didn't pan out at Michigan, they are loaded with talent. Harbaugh is a good coach, and he will eventually give Urban a run for his money. Riley isn't on the same footing yet with Ohio State and Michigan in terms of talent. I don't think he can stack the cupboard in just five short years. I see us being competitive with the opportunity for a B1G title and a potential place in the playoff.

If Michigan St can do it, Nebraska sure the hell can. We just need to find the right guy. And it's quite possible we have. We just dont know yet. But to write us off cuz someone appears to be better isnt no good. Indiana marched into Columbus and almost pulled off the win. Anyone can beat anyone.

Michigan State under Dantonio has only won one outright B1G title. The predictor was the first five years. Yes, I think we'll be in similar circumstances with Michigan State where we're at least competitive. In the first five years, we are going to be in a talent disadvantage to Ohio State and Michigan. There's a reason Ohio State hasn't lost a regular season B1G game. Meyer walked into a program with a mountain of talent. Riley didn't.

I find it endlessly interesting how Nebraska's talent level seems to evolve with the argument.

More like "devolve".. were not three deep at any position but it does get old suggesting the cupboard is bare when MR got into Lincoln.

• Fire 1

I know it's not the point of the thread but to me it's eye popping and I had to do a double take when I realized 2020 was only FIVE YEARS AWAY! Good lord I am old.

If we don't win a title in Riley's first 4 years... it will have been 2 decades since our last Conference title.

Really don't see us winning conference titles in the next two years.. Hope I am wrong, be glad to be wrong.

It's going to be tough to do. Our schedule increases in difficulty significantly after next season. Here is the schedule:

2016: at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Iowa (Oregon non conference)

2017: Ohio State, Wisconsin at home. At Minnesota and at Penn State (at Oregon non conference)

2018: at Michigan, at Wisconsin, at Ohio State, at Iowa. Michigan State at home. (Colorado non conference)

2019: Ohio State and Wisconsin at home. At Minnesota, at Maryland. (at Colorado non conference)

I tried to list the tough conference games on paper. It's impossible to know how good a team might be in the future, however, the conference schedules after next season are tough, particularly 2018. So, I don't think it's likely Nebraska will end the conference title drought within a two decade time frame.

It's going to be tough to do. Our schedule increases in difficulty significantly after next season. Here is the schedule:

2016: at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Iowa (Oregon non conference)

2017: Ohio State, Wisconsin at home. At Minnesota and at Penn State (at Oregon non conference)

2018: at Michigan, at Wisconsin, at Ohio State, at Iowa. Michigan State at home. (Colorado non conference)

2019: Ohio State and Wisconsin at home. At Minnesota, at Maryland. (at Colorado non conference)

I tried to list the tough conference games on paper. It's impossible to know how good a team might be in the future, however, the conference schedules after next season are tough, particularly 2018. So, I don't think it's likely Nebraska will end the conference title drought within a two decade time frame.

I know Nebraska wants to play the best teams but f#*k you Big Ten with this parity scheduling bullsh#t.

• Fire 2