LB Transfer Kaiwan Lewis being targeted - Chooses Rutgers

Ice ice baby. Listen to guys who have followed recruiting for awhile. You cannot take a kids word at face value. They try and try to say the right things but still make kid decisions.

Also, he says it will be based on football only. He may think he has a better chance to show at Rutgers. Its not necessarily based on program prestige, tradition, or ability to win. Many guys want to be the man and be able to show their abilities to give them best chance to get to the next level.

Its about who you think is the better team/program most of the time.

Ice ice baby. Listen to guys who have followed recruiting for awhile. You cannot take a kids word at face value. They try and try to say the right things but still make kid decisions.

Also, he says it will be based on football only. He may think he has a better chance to show at Rutgers. Its not necessarily based on program prestige, tradition, or ability to win. Many guys want to be the man and be able to show their abilities to give them best chance to get to the next level.

Its about who you think is the better team/program most of the time.

He also may prefer the Rutgers D scheme over the one Banker will install as he may think it is a better fit for his strengths. Just because NU has a ton more football heritage and supporting resources, doesn't mean he sees it as a better "football" fit. If he feels the strengths he sees in Rutgers are equal to or close to NU, then playing close to home would be a bonus.

That being said, I agree with you that NU is his best choice and I hope he goes to Lincoln.

Been some interaction between Lewis and Barry on Twitter. With the common thread being the Huskers, I'm intrigued.

ya, intrigued to see why Barry wanted to DM Lewis.

I am assuming he is telling him his decision or maybe to see where Lewis head is at.

It would be awesome to add both those guys. Barry can learn and Lewis can play.

Nothing wrong with having a lot of bodies at a position that we havent done great at over the years.