What exercise did you do today?

NUance

I'm on vacation for a few weeks and found an amazing gym. I wish I could bring it back to Lincoln with me. Although I've never been in a Lincoln gym. Any recommendations? I'm not taking classes this summer so I can't use the UNL rec center. Basically the only things I want in a gym that I don't have at home are: squat rack, assisted pullup/dip machine, lat pulldown.

Anyhow, just got done doing these things:

Back extensions

Lat pulldowns

Barbell rows

Dumbbell rows

Lunges

Step ups

Squats (can finally add weight on the bar next time)

Calf raises

Farmer's walk

Stair machine

YMCA, Anytime, Golds (not very clean IMO), or Snap.

There is also Planet Fitness, is where I go. Its cheaper, and CLEAN. I pay $20/month, only because I wanted the nation wide option and free guest pass. They do tanning too, since I know you are a girl :P If you don't care about those things, no contract, they are $10/month.

It really comes down to cost too. YMCA is income based. Golds is 20/month IIRC. Anytime is around $30, and Snap I have no idea, but I have heard good things about them.

I am a girl but I don't want to pay $ to get cancer ;)

Thanks for the info. Have you heard of Good Life fitness at all? (Just wondering if it's bad or you didn't know anything about it).

I am a girl but I don't want to pay $ to get cancer ;)

Thanks for the info. Have you heard of Good Life fitness at all? (Just wondering if it's bad or you didn't know anything about it).

I have not heard anything about Good Life. I would check for online reviews.

On a side note, did legs, set a personal record, 540lbs on incline leg press! WOOT! Also put 225 up 10 times on 2 sets on decline bench. Needless to say, I am exhausted lol.

I used to go to Prairie Life out on W. Pst years ago. Don't know if it is still there but it was a good place. Would lift and then go swim or sit in the hot tube.

I used to go to the one on 70th and A, since my parents were members there. It's pricey but they have a lot of stuff, and the equipment is usually in good shape.

I did this stuff today:

Stairs

Tricep extensions

Skullcrushers

Tricep pulldowns

Dips

Shoulder press

Bridges

Hip thrust

Deadlifts

Leg raises

Upright leg raises

Planks

Didn't do close grip press 'cause I made the mistake of saving it for last and didn't think I could lift the bar at that point. Gonna do it 1st next time.

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...

Chest day. Tried floor press after regular bench as an accessory movement. Can already tell I'll be really sore tomorrow.

I have never tried floor presses...I have been doing a lot of pause work when it comes to bench and squat. On bench, I would set my safety bars where they are an inch above my chest. I would then proceed to start benching and would lower the bar till it rested on the safety bars, count a 3 Mississippi and then press back up. It's an ass kicker. I do the same for squats.

I think I did personal best tricep extensions and skullcrushers today. 42.5 pounds with a curlbar. I know I've had 10 pound plates on it for them before but I don't know how much heavier I got. I'll just have to add 6.25 more pounds to each side and then I'll know I've beaten it. That should only take me about... 6 weeks.

Chest day. Tried floor press after regular bench as an accessory movement. Can already tell I'll be really sore tomorrow.

I have never tried floor presses...I have been doing a lot of pause work when it comes to bench and squat. On bench, I would set my safety bars where they are an inch above my chest. I would then proceed to start benching and would lower the bar till it rested on the safety bars, count a 3 Mississippi and then press back up. It's an ass kicker. I do the same for squats.

Floor press is a bitch! Rest and Pause I do all the time now.

What's the purpose of the floor press (over doing other chest exercises)? It's all I did before I got a bench (but didn't realize it had a name until now). I always assumed I was missing out on range of motion and thought that was bad, so I stopped doing them.