Signed - LB Quayshon Alexander

New Jersey 247 writer about to update his NJ rankings and says Quayshon will be moving down based on this year's performance. Inconsistent and lacking motor were the terms they used.

Not my thoughts or facts. Just theirs.

If one thing would scare away this staff, i think those words would: Inconsistent and lacking motor.
Id take a chance on him and take that article/ranking and tape it above his locker.

New Jersey 247 writer about to update his NJ rankings and says Quayshon will be moving down based on this year's performance. Inconsistent and lacking motor were the terms they used.

If one thing would scare away this staff, i think those words would: Inconsistent and lacking motor.
Id take a chance on him and take that article/ranking and tape it above his locker.

Pretty sure the staff does their own evaluations and really don't care what a 247 guy says.

Now, they may be watching the same film and come to the same conclusion.

Pretty sure the staff does their own evaluations and really don't care what a 247 guy says.

Now, they may be watching the same film and come to the same conclusion.

Agreed. You get to the point where you're coaching major FBS football you're going to rely on your own homework, and evaluations. I can't imagine Nebraska's coaching staff, or any other across the country, giving two sh#ts what kind of ranking a recruiting website gives a kid.

Bray was in home tonight.

Didn't you post that Bray was also in-home with Domann? He's everywhere!

Yes he was at both.

That's insane, does anybody else even recruit defense or do they leave it completely up to Bray?

No. He is the only one that recruits defense with success. I would say our next best defensive recruiters are probably a Coach Williams who is WR coach and Stewart. Hank, Mark, and Reed have done little or nothing on the trail.

Lies...the entire defensive staff recruits. Bray is the closer.

It's smart...you put your best guy on it to close the deal...in this case, we put our youngest and most energetic guy on it. It's sound and smart and this staff knows what they're doing when they do it.

Yes they all recruit. I think it was an exaggeration bc it seems like Bray does all the leg work in recruiting.

Great recruiting staffs have multiple guys that can do that. It would be weird to be recruited as a DT by your DL coach and then the LB coach comes out to give you the final sell on the program. We have whiffed majorly upfront recruiting so far (I hope that changes before signing day). At least Reed got his K/P

I'd like to see what Riley would say if anyone would actually have the balls to ask how he plans to offset the dead weight that is Read and Hughes in the recruiting arena. I realize that most staffs are constructed with a few lame duck recruiters and it's nigh impossible to have a cast full of recruiting all-stars, but it's particularly damning when a position of huge need (DL) whiifs on damn near everyone and one of your lamest ducks coaches the position.

I'd imagine we'd get some coachspeak-infused answer. And I'm a Riley guy.

This is a big issue when we're already at a disadvantage in recruiting. A huge step towards regaining national talent is absolutely maximizing recruiting, and we cannot afford any lapses.

I'd like to see what Riley would say if anyone would actually have the balls to ask how he plans to offset the dead weight that is Read and Hughes in the recruiting arena. I realize that most staffs are constructed with a few lame duck recruiters and it's nigh impossible to have a cast full of recruiting all-stars, but it's particularly damning when a position of huge need (DL) whiifs on damn near everyone and one of your lamest ducks coaches the position.

This is a big issue when we're already at a disadvantage in recruiting. A huge step towards regaining national talent is absolutely maximizing recruiting, and we cannot afford any lapses.

Good thing we have the second best star average (this recruiting class) of the past 11 years then eh?

Using which site? They vary pretty wildly.

Regardless, couldn't that be more of an indictment on Bo or Billy C than a reflection of Riles?

I do like avg stars, but all recruiting metrics have their flaws. Avg stars does not account for position needs in recruiting or penalize for imbalanced recruiting. For instance, we likely lost our top 3 DTs, have very little experience coming back, and yet have none in this class. We've whiffed on seemingly every DE recruit we've recruited outside of Stille. We need OTs badly as well, and have whiffed on quite a few of those as well. Hoping we land Farniok. It looks good, but it's never a sure thing til the ink is dry.

Also, given lack of turnover relative to sleazy school like some SEC ones where oversigning is common, we need to make sure a high percentage of our recruits pan out. Flops hurt that much more.

Just being a skeptic.

Good thing we have the second best star average (this recruiting class) of the past 11 years then eh?

Using which site? They vary pretty wildly.

Regardless, couldn't that be more of an indictment on Bo or Billy C than a reflection of Riles?

I do like avg stars, but all recruiting metrics have their flaws. Avg stars does not account for position needs in recruiting or penalize for imbalanced recruiting. For instance, we likely lost our top 3 DTs, have very little experience coming back, and yet have none in this class. We've whiffed on seemingly every DE recruit we've recruited outside of Stille. We need OTs badly as well, and have whiffed on quite a few of those as well. Hoping we land Farniok. It looks good, but it's never a sure thing til the ink is dry.

Also, given lack of turnover relative to sleazy school like some SEC ones where oversigning is common, we need to make sure a high percentage of our recruits pan out. Flops hurt that much more.

Just being a skeptic.

There was a long thread about it. Just something people are using to prop up failures at this point. Need to finish strong or it won't matter.