How is it nepotism when Eichorst and Riley never worked together?

They have the same agent! Keep up here...

Yes...and that means they are great friends and have this evil relationship where they have designed this plan to bring all of the rest of their friends to Lincoln and destroy Nebraska football and eat our children.

:dumdum

Back to the original post and issue: BYU wins by 30 - stands half empty at half time. Look at MR recent years against BYU. We do not have the raging torrent of a man that was Bo the phsycopath beating his players back into combat even when down by 28 points like we did a few years ago against Mich State. We seem to have all but forgotten the tradition of being Nebraska and not losing.

Your rant pretty far out there in terms of declarations without any evidence to support them but this one is the most ridiculous. I bet you're not serious. If you are, I'll happily make a bet on Nebraska at say +24.5. You take BYU -24.5. We can bet any amount you want up to say $25,000. We'll bet in bitcoins and escrow them with a third party service so you can be assured of payment when you win.

People talk a lot of smack, but you know they don't believe it when you ask them to put their money where their mouth is. I doubt you're willing to back up your smack talk with a bet.

So, let me get this straight. You are upset that a coach is hired (and really stretch the agent thing) and that coach hires coaches he has been with before and are comfortable with.

BUT...you indicate that what would have made you happy is if we would have done everything possible to bring back "Nebraska" guys. :facepalm:

There's something strangely funny about that.

No I was not upset that a coach was hired. I do not see where or how you are getting that. I think the hiring proccess could of lasted longer, yes heck yes.

MR is here, like him or not I will support him.

He has had very very good upswings in his career, he seems he was in a downward spiral at his previous gig, maybe changing the uniforms will change that.

Currently, I am upset with his support staff, and the mentality or lack thereof.

I think Bo had a lot of his success by T.O. coming back. SE is no TO. MR and SE is not a BP AND A TO.

I see SE bringing in MR as nepotism, your talking about a guy who by his own admission had never been to Nebraska or familar with our team, even when coaching pro's in the 90s not like we had any pro talent worth scouting.

I am not going to debate a straw man argument of MR we have MR now, we needed a better support staff.

Cant change the support staff now, those cards have been played.

Only thing now would be to set a rallying call, I do not see MR doing anything to do that.

A rallying call would be good for the team, for the Nation, would be bad for MR if he does not come close.

No rallying call.

A rallying call could be as simple as, if we don't have 9 wins and play for a conference title I will not take a salary for this year.

Not saying it has to be that, but something, anything.

Laugh all the way to the bank.

I expect a meh season, and Riley to maybe cry at one press conference, but to be crocodile tears.

This is so stupid it had entertainment value for me. Thanks.

So, let me get this straight. You are upset that a coach is hired (and really stretch the agent thing) and that coach hires coaches he has been with before and are comfortable with.

BUT...you indicate that what would have made you happy is if we would have done everything possible to bring back "Nebraska" guys. :facepalm:

There's something strangely funny about that.

No I was not upset that a coach was hired. I do not see where or how you are getting that. I think the hiring proccess could of lasted longer, yes heck yes.

MR is here, like him or not I will support him.

He has had very very good upswings in his career, he seems he was in a downward spiral at his previous gig, maybe changing the uniforms will change that.

Currently, I am upset with his support staff, and the mentality or lack thereof.

I think Bo had a lot of his success by T.O. coming back. SE is no TO. MR and SE is not a BP AND A TO.

I see SE bringing in MR as nepotism, your talking about a guy who by his own admission had never been to Nebraska or familar with our team, even when coaching pro's in the 90s not like we had any pro talent worth scouting.

I am not going to debate a straw man argument of MR we have MR now, we needed a better support staff.

Cant change the support staff now, those cards have been played.

Only thing now would be to set a rallying call, I do not see MR doing anything to do that.

A rallying call would be good for the team, for the Nation, would be bad for MR if he does not come close.

No rallying call.

A rallying call could be as simple as, if we don't have 9 wins and play for a conference title I will not take a salary for this year.

Not saying it has to be that, but something, anything.

Laugh all the way to the bank.

I expect a meh season, and Riley to maybe cry at one press conference, but to be crocodile tears.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

I think this is a great opener, not just for both teams, but for the fans. I have to believe this will be back and forth throughout, and will come down to the final 4 minutes of the game. It has a nice weather, sunshine bowl game feel to it. I think both teams averaged around 37 points a game last year. I was doing some digging on their QB. We know he can run... He's got some moves, some speed, and some power. Looks very natural running. He might not be highly accurate throwing, but for his career he is averaging 31 passing attempts per game, with nearly 20 rushing attempts a game to go with it. For a career average of 213 yards through the air, 101 on the ground - PER GAME (20 starts). He's thrown it 40 times in a game 6 different times, and his best passing game went for 417 yards. So they will chuck it around. His best rushing performance went for 259 against Texas. He's got 4 games of over 150 yards on the ground. And he's had a total of 2 TDs in a game 17 times out of those 20 starts, and 3 TDs in a game 9 times. It's safe to say that if he had stayed healthy last season, we would be very, very nervous about this one. Especially if BP was still head coach.

And they also have some talented receivers that put up better numbers the Kenny Bell did from last year. One of them is 6'6. And they get a healthy Jamaal Williams returning at RB. He's had 10 games over 100 yards on the ground with his best effort being 219 in a game.

The point is, this is enough proof that BYU will definitely be a tough challenge for us. For them, they know how brutal their season starts so they have to get after it right away. Their first four games looks like this: At 9-4 Nebraska, then home against 12-2 Boise St, then at 10-3 UCLA, then on the road to play the fighting Harbaughs of Michigan. If I was a BYU fan, I would be wicked excited and nervous as heck every Saturday during that stretch - which is a great feeling to have during college football season.

I think fall practice will determine my confidence in the Huskers. If Langsdorf is still fussing about accuracy and timing issues a week before the game, then I will not have high hopes.