So Banderas is healthy for this game correct?

Its been well documented how Banderas feels about this new defense vs. the old crap. Banderas is one of the best athletes on this team and has a speed/size combination that is not common. I'm as excited to see him cut loose as I am to see Collins have free reign. Both those guys will benefit from the new-found aggression they'll be allowed to play with.

True's posts usually make me want to strap on the pads and blow somebody the F up. Let's get this started.

• Fire 1

I found this interesting...world beater Taysom Hill's sophomore passing stats.

2ev3xj8.png

They look oddly similar to Tommy's sophomore stats.

2ev6ux5.png

I've linked to the full stats for both guys. Taysom had a lot more rushing yards but mostly because he had 100 more rushing attempts.

Look at his pre-injury numbers last year:

88/132 (66.7%) - 975 yards - 7 TD - 3 INT - 87 rushes - 460 yards - 5.3ypc - 8 TD

Those are really, really, really good numbers.

for comparison here is Tommy Armstrong in the same first 4 games:

52/94 (55.3%) - 886 Yards - 9 TD - 2 INT - 40 rushes for 344 yards - 8.6 ypc - 2 TD

So you pointed out the teams Taysom played in the first 4 games. Tommy's first 4 games were FAU, Mcneese St, Fresno state, and Miami.

I found this interesting...world beater Taysom Hill's sophomore passing stats.

2ev3xj8.png

They look oddly similar to Tommy's sophomore stats.

2ev6ux5.png

I've linked to the full stats for both guys. Taysom had a lot more rushing yards but mostly because he had 100 more rushing attempts.

Look at his pre-injury numbers last year:

88/132 (66.7%) - 975 yards - 7 TD - 3 INT - 87 rushes - 460 yards - 5.3ypc - 8 TD

Those are really, really, really good numbers.

to provide a little context for Tommy Armstrong - those stats primarily came against four teams that finished a combined 21-29. And one of those teams was an FCS School. FAU 3-9. Mcneese St FCS 6-5, Fresno St 6-8, and Miami 6-7. Those are worse teams than what Taysom played against.

I never argued otherwise. I never once said Tommy was a better quarterback or that his stats were more impressive. No need to create a straw argument because you're offended someone pointed out a fact about your QB.

That doesn't mean Hill can't be a really good QB this season, but until he proves it over the course of the season, I'm not going to praise any QB for good stats against a small sampling of bad teams. I won't do it for a BYU quarterback and I won't do it for a Husker QB.

Just wondering if you Huskers are nervous about anyone else on the football team besides Taysom? What are your thoughts on our receivers and running backs?

I know nothing about your rbs besides the starter (?) left school.

I have heard that each of your wrs are about 7'3".

The tallest WR is 6'6" according to their roster

Here is one of the 6'-6" receivers. Mitch Mathews. He's a senior.

https://twitter.com/mitchmathews10/status/585951981505646592

Nick Kurtz is the other and he is a 6'-5" JC transfer Junior that turned down offers from Oregon and USC to come to BYU. Broke his foot lost year so he has a year in the system. Devon Blackmon is a 6'-1" JC transfer senior that had a rough time learning the offense last year. He spent his first year at Oregon so he has some speed and looks to make a big splash this year. Should be interesting to see how they match up with your athletic secondary.

The RBs are going to miss Jamaal WIlliams this year. He had a knack for getting an extra 3 or 4 yards just about every play. Algernon Brown is a bit of a bruiser back at 235 lbs and has great hands out of the backfield. Behind him depth is a little scary as we have Adam Hine (great kick return man but not great laterally) and walk-on, 5'-8" Nate Carter that will provide some sort of change of speed to the RB spot. Will be interesting to see who will step up to the plate with the extra carries this year.

I would like to introduce you to Mr. Westerkamp...

• Fire 2

The RBs are going to miss Jamaal WIlliams this year. He had a knack for getting an extra 3 or 4 yards just about every play.

Not to nitpick, but I looked up the guys yard per carry average, I figured if he got 3-4 EXTRA yards just about every play, that his YPC would be pretty phenomenal. He averaged 4.68 yards per carry. So I guess by EXTRA, you meant he got 3-4 more yards just about every time he ran for 1 yard.

• Fire 1

Good morning Huskers.

"As long as I'm playing quarterback, my mindset will be making great decisions and getting the ball out on time," Hill said. "If I'm making the right decisions and doing those things, defenses can do whatever they want. They can blitz, they can drop eight.

"It doesn't matter. Whatever they do, they will be wrong."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0578bbc46d8248f6a45ab33b74ab42d5/taysom-hill-byu-offense-lead-way-brutal-early-schedule

Good morning Huskers.

"As long as I'm playing quarterback, my mindset will be making great decisions and getting the ball out on time," Hill said. "If I'm making the right decisions and doing those things, defenses can do whatever they want. They can blitz, they can drop eight.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0578bbc46d8248f6a45ab33b74ab42d5/taysom-hill-byu-offense-lead-way-brutal-early-schedule

Sounds like he's not very confident in his ability to make the right decisions. Kind of saying we can win, but I have to play perfect. Lot of pressure for a 35 year old senior in college.

Good morning Huskers.

that is true for every QB that ever has played, is playing, or ever will play. the trick is always making the right decisions.