DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Oh...I agree. All we can do is sit back and watch it all play out.

All I'm saying is that from the quotes I have read, his attitude just comes off as strange. He gets turned off if he doesn't feel 100% of the love from someone but then if the other side is upset....well....that's their problem.

Good Luck Mr. Fant.....Hope you find your place in life.

All I'm saying is that from the quotes I have read, his attitude just comes off as strange. He gets turned off if he doesn't feel 100% of the love from someone but then if the other side is upset....well....that's their problem.

Just curious BRB...do you notice some of your kids visit that go "better" than the others because of the host?

Maybe...just maybe...instead of thinking we know everything and how everyone should act/feel all the time...we should just let things play out?

Here is the problem: For most of us...being 17-18 was a time of pimples, stone washed jeans, a Generra HyperColor sweatshirt and some boat shoes or new Jordan's...our weekends consisted of trying to find a friends house to party at or hanging out in a parking lot of a fast food place and complaining that we couldn't find a friends house to party at.

Most of us at 17-18 were not being recruited by big time schools and so we don't really know what it is like...what they are going through...

BigRedBuster, I think you mentioned that your kids are being recruited...and that you have gone on all the campus/college visits with them, why? Because you wanted to help them out and make sure that they saw/heard everything possible for them to make the best choice for them...right? That is smart. If you went to one of the visits and the dean that was talking to your kid didn't seem all that "into it" or didn't see to "care" about your kid, you would probably think "hmmmmm...I thought this was going to be the one but maybe I am not so sure now"

Maybe Fant is just doing the same exact thing. Just trying to find the "fit"

Nope. No one who commits to Iowa, verbally or otherwise, is that rational. On an unrelated note, can someone tell me how to delete posts if a recruit were to switch his commit to a certain team I support?

Just curious BRB...do you notice some of your kids visit that go "better" than the others because of the host?

Well, academic recruiting is much different than athletic recruiting.

For the most part, when we would visit a school, the host themselves probably didn't have that much of a difference. We want information. We want to see what the school has to offer. The host can be a total dork but still get us the information we need to make a wise decision.

Very little of the decision is based on...."Oh.....I feel more love from this school...bla bla bla...."

Its definitely interesting listening to his comments. I do chalk up a lot of it to the youth/spotlight combo. I wonder if one day he'll review his comments and contemplate what he was thinking when he says Iowa doesn't want him to visit UM, but basically responds that thats how recruiting works. But when IU says they may have to look around then, he essentially calls them out that they must not be that committed to him then.

I always kinda figured that attitude was reserved for those being recruited by OSU and Bama. Perhaps his attitude/hypocrisy is par for a lot of recruits?

For the most part, when we would visit a school, the host themselves probably didn't have that much of a difference. We want information. We want to see what the school has to offer. The host can be a total dork but still get us the information we need to make a wise decision.

Very little of the decision is based on...."Oh.....I feel more love from this school...bla bla bla...."

I would imagine there are some super dorks that show you around! I know some schools tell the guides not to mention "certain places" or talk about certain traditions or parties.

I would imagine there are some super dorks that show you around! I know some schools tell the guides not to mention "certain places" or talk about certain traditions or parties.

Oh sure....The tour guides are very well trained as to what to show.

The bigger issue is to ask to visit with people in the department of study your kid is wanting to go into. Usually you can get in to see someone who really is informative and helpful.

Again...this is very different than athletic recruiting where someone is expecting constant communication and in home visits....etc. We get a ton of mail and a few phone calls but that's about it.

I really do not care if Noah comes to Nebraska or not. I think he is talented but not elite and not at a position that will redefine the offense. With that said, I do think it would be good to get at least one of the top two players from in-state this year. His Minnesota visit may be the catalyst that drives a riff into his relationship with Iowa that leads him here. Iowa gives an ultimatium, Noah goes, and Iowa is left with no choice but to start looking elsewhere just in case. Noah sounds like he will interpret that to mean they are moving on, and he may move on himself.

This is truly the point of year where recruiting gets really crazy.

I guess I think the kid really loves the attention he is getting. To me it takes big balls to go on a local radio show repeatedly and talk about how you are being recruited to schools. I get that recruiting is a big choice on his part and that he has a big decision to make, but I just have a lot more respect for a kid that plays it closer to the vest like Simmons or Farniok than someone that goes on the local radio station to discuss it.

• Fire 3