DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

This dude has no idea what he wants.

That is probably true...I don't think that is a bad thing either.

That's OK in August. Less than a week before you are basically forced to make a decision...it's a bad thing.

Sure...just like 75% of college kids (I hear about it all the time from parents) that are still "deciding" as deadlines get closer and closer.

That's OK in August. Less than a week before you are basically forced to make a decision...it's a bad thing.

Sure...just like 75% of college kids (I hear about it all the time from parents) that are still "deciding" as deadlines get closer and closer.

And, it's a problem for them too. However, the average student doesn't typically have a hard date that they have to basically make a decision that is going to affect the rest of their career. Usually if an athlete figures out he made the wrong decision down the road, it sets them back quite a bit. An average student can switch schools pretty easy and it doesn't cause such a problem.

A kid like Fant that has been working at this for over a year, should by now at least know what he wants and what each school has to offer.

And, it's a problem for them too. However, the average student doesn't typically have a hard date that they have to basically make a decision that is going to affect the rest of their career. Usually if an athlete figures out he made the wrong decision down the road, it sets them back quite a bit. An average student can switch schools pretty easy and it doesn't cause such a problem.

A kid like Fant that has been working at this for over a year, should by now at least know what he wants and what each school has to offer.

True...maybe it is because he knows what he wants that the choice is so hard. Maybe he knows that all 3 schools (in his mind) have everything he wants.

This is more of a general comment than anything else.... people do know that athletes don't have to sign on national signing day, right? That Signing Day is simply the 1st possible day to do so?

Correct, but if they wait to long then their spot may be taken. If you are a top 100 recruit, sure, you can play that game. If you are a 3*? I wouldn't chance it.

This is more of a general comment than anything else.... people do know that athletes don't have to sign on national signing day, right? That Signing Day is simply the 1st possible day to do so?

Correct, but if they wait to long then their spot may be taken. If you are a top 100 recruit, sure, you can play that game. If you are a 3*? I wouldn't chance it.

No I know. But people are freaking out about signing day "as a deadline".

No I know. But people are freaking out about signing day "as a deadline".

Redfive basically summed it up.

Once that day comes, teams fill their spots. If you are still sitting around a week later trying to figure out where you are going, you are going to get left out in the cold.

If signing day comes and Fant hasn't committed to us, I expect our staff to move on and do something else with the scholarship. If you can't make up your mind after the long recruiting process...well....then you really don't want to come play for us.

If he wants to come here as a TE then I think we should take him.

Didn't he say that he doesn't think he has the body frame to play DE in the B1G? which also means he doesn't have the mind frame I think.

The only reason we (Hboard) even care is because he is in state. If a 3* with no solid position from somewhere else did this we'd have called bullsh#t and moved on long ago.