DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

I thought this about him and Bubak. Both complained that the new staff didn't call them immediately when hired and so they started looking around.

Really??? it was over a year till the time you will be signing on the dotted line. It's a new staff in town and they don't know you from Adam and you're upset that you weren't contacted immediately?

• Fire 5

I thought this about him and Bubak. Both complained that the new staff didn't call them immediately when hired and so they started looking around.

Really??? it was over a year till the time you will be signing on the dotted line. It's a new staff in town and they don't know you from Adam and you're upset that you weren't contacted immediately?

This is why I say I'll judge '17 class as their first real class, where they've had a recruits sophomore/junior year to evaluate, contact, and establish a relationship for a year and a half or two. Recruiting seems to be a 1.5-2 year process these days.

EXACTLY.

Sharp and Benning just finished talking to Fant on the radio. Fant basically said if NU would have started recruiting him hard after the coaching change instead of waiting things would be different and he may be coming to NU. He said he likes NU and coach Riley, but basically they started recruiting him hard too late. Benning of coarse is defending him right now.

He would be nice to get he is a great athlete, but in the end he is still a project that may be great or may never really do anything in college.

Too bad this is the only side of the story we will get to hear.

Sharp and Benning just finished talking to Fant on the radio. Fant basically said if NU would have started recruiting him hard after the coaching change instead of waiting things would be different and he may be coming to NU. He said he likes NU and coach Riley, but basically they started recruiting him hard too late. Benning of coarse is defending him right now.

He would be nice to get he is a great athlete, but in the end he is still a project that may be great or may never really do anything in college.

Do you think this situation might get brought up at the Husker Recruiting lunch that the University is having after signing day? Or will not comment on this?

Especially when he had less than two months to re-recruit last years class, hire a coaching staff, and whatever else comes with taking a new coaching job. Riley and staff did a heck of a job keeping last year's class in tact for the most part, so I'm not willing to pin this one on them. If you're upset that you didn't get any attention during this phase, then maybe you should go somewhere else.

Do you think this situation might get brought up at the Husker Recruiting lunch that the University is having after signing day? Or will not comment on this?

There is always a chance that it will be brought up but I would bet Riley takes the high road anyway so again, we won't really hear the other side of it.

this situation is just silly, and thats just putting it lightly. so because a coach made a small mistake while getting to know you, you decide you will torpedo your own career and education by selecting a low-ranking, middling team and school?

i get that nebraska coaches made mistakes. i really do. and i get that he's the recruit. but is he looking at the big picture? he's really going to abandon the hometown school, with all the exposure, facilities, benefits and proximity it comes with, just to go to minnesota, of all schools, just because of a getting-to-know-you mistake made months ago?

really?

At least with the old staff, they would only discuss those that wanted to be at Nebraska and signed. I'd imagine this coaching staff would do the same