DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Well , if riley and Lanfsdorf haven't proven they are serious about using the TE, they never will.

Outside of Carter our TEs are almost useless in the passing game. Carter has been getting targets lately.

Targets are the important part for recruits to see. They increased later in the year. It was clear they wanted to use them more. Cotton is a blocking TE and that's pretty much it.

Carter's catching ability greatly improved later in the year also.

Yep. Carter is the only serious threat as a receiver at the TE position.

Snyder will be an added threat next year to go along with Carter. Having both on the field at the same time will cause match up issues for defenses.
Absolutely

Wouldn't be surprised to see Stoll get involved as well

Doesn't mind Iowa taking other TE commits. Says it's the same as him still looking at other schools.

Looking at UCLA, Arizona State, California, Minnesota, Vanderbilt and Nebraska for OVs. Possibly Michigan as well. Will OV to Iowa.

So he's really not committed to Iowa then...

Thats like dating a girl and still taking the opportunity to go home with 5 other girls "just to be sure"

Wish my girl would let me take 5 OV's

Doesn't mind Iowa taking other TE commits. Says it's the same as him still looking at other schools.

Looking at UCLA, Arizona State, California, Minnesota, Vanderbilt and Nebraska for OVs. Possibly Michigan as well. Will OV to Iowa.

So he's really not committed to Iowa then...

Thats like dating a girl and still taking the opportunity to go home with 5 other girls "just to be sure"

Wish my girl would let me take 5 OV's

You know I love ya babe, but I am going to spend the night at Ashley's tonight just to make sure you are the one

• 1 month later...

Now that the jerk eyes are back into irrelevancy can we flip this kid?

They were a couple plays away from making the CFP. I don't see how that makes us level with them in any respect.

Lets not pretend that they were much better than us. Unfortunately the teams that represented us in the CFP were duds.

Now that the jerk eyes are back into irrelevancy can we flip this kid?

They were a couple plays away from making the CFP. I don't see how that makes us level with them in any respect.

Lets not pretend that they were much better than us. Unfortunately the teams that represented us in the CFP were duds.

I agree that they were not much better than us when we played, but they had a historical season regardless and made the Rose Bowl, while we went 6-7. I just don't think we're in a place to talk about our relevance currently is all. Not trying to bag on our program or anything of the sort, just think that we have a long way to go.

Says his commitment to Iowa is "more solid now" than it was in the beginning. OV to Iowa set for Jan. 22.

Minnesota, Nebraska and UCLA still recruiting him. Minnesota tried to set up an in-home but the schedule didn't work. Neither Nebraska nor UCLA have tried to set up an in-home visit.