DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

I don't get why people are complaining about having Fant come to Lincoln for a visit (official or unofficial). Recruiting isn't done until signing day. So what if Fant has committed to Iowa. It's the coaches of Nebraska to try to get him to change that commitment and come to NU. I guarantee other coaches are trying to get NU's commits to flip to their school. It happens everywhere.

Let me explain since it was my post that caused confusion. And, I admit my attitude towards this is confusing. (even in my own mind)

When I say it's "weird". I'm saying that I find it weird that he doesn't want to be in Iowa instead hanging out with his future friends, teammates, coaches...etc and experiencing their fan base in a season that is starting off better than any of theirs have started off in a very very very long time. I would think that atmosphere would awesome for a HS player that....well....ultimately wants to play there.

On the flip side, if the coaching staff still wants him, I don't blame them for allowing him to come visit and enjoy the magnificent, sites, sounds and excitement around Husker football. You never know when maybe that might put some doubt into his head on his decision.

Just playing devil's advocate, but Iowa played an 11:00 AM game on Saturday, while NU played at 2:30. Fant had a game on Friday night and probably didn't want to wake up early and make a 3 hour drive to Iowa to go to their game at 11 AM. So, he went to film study at South, then he (and probably family or friends) drove down to Lincoln to make it for the Wisconsin game. To me, it's not really a big deal either way.

The problem is that even an unofficial visit isn't that unofficial. He would still have to call Nebraska and set up the visit at least a few days in advance in order to get tickets and other things taken care of. They actually only have so much room for guys on unofficial visits for kids. I know because I went on one last year with a friend of mine and his son.

You can't just show up Saturday morning and have every thing be OK.

I don't get why people are complaining about having Fant come to Lincoln for a visit (official or unofficial). Recruiting isn't done until signing day. So what if Fant has committed to Iowa. It's the coaches of Nebraska to try to get him to change that commitment and come to NU. I guarantee other coaches are trying to get NU's commits to flip to their school. It happens everywhere.

Let me explain since it was my post that caused confusion. And, I admit my attitude towards this is confusing. (even in my own mind)

When I say it's "weird". I'm saying that I find it weird that he doesn't want to be in Iowa instead hanging out with his future friends, teammates, coaches...etc and experiencing their fan base in a season that is starting off better than any of theirs have started off in a very very very long time. I would think that atmosphere would awesome for a HS player that....well....ultimately wants to play there.

On the flip side, if the coaching staff still wants him, I don't blame them for allowing him to come visit and enjoy the magnificent, sites, sounds and excitement around Husker football. You never know when maybe that might put some doubt into his head on his decision.

Just playing devil's advocate, but Iowa played an 11:00 AM game on Saturday, while NU played at 2:30. Fant had a game on Friday night and probably didn't want to wake up early and make a 3 hour drive to Iowa to go to their game at 11 AM. So, he went to film study at South, then he (and probably family or friends) drove down to Lincoln to make it for the Wisconsin game. To me, it's not really a big deal either way.

The problem is that even an unofficial visit isn't that unofficial. He would still have to call Nebraska and set up the visit at least a few days in advance in order to get tickets and other things taken care of. They actually only have so much room for guys on unofficial visits for kids. I know because I went on one last year with a friend of mine and his son.

You can't just show up Saturday morning and have every thing be OK.

I am sure the NU coaches knew he was coming well in advance. The NU coaches probably went to him and said "Hey, we have a 2:30 game against Wisconsin, do you want to come up from Omaha that Saturday morning?"

I just don't get all the hand-ringing or people think that a commit at one school will still go on a visit (official or unofficial) elsewhere.

The board seems to be swinging back to an "Andy Dufrense" position. I moved into the "Red" position. This guy is "just a pipe dream" anymore to me. I would love for "the Pacific to be as blue ( :bigredn: ) as it is in my dreams" but for me "hope is a dangerous thing". Unfortunately, we didn't want this kid enough when it mattered and then Iowa doing well along with the better TE sale left us out of the hometown stud.

Moving forward I hope we see the importance of moving in and closing on these kids in our area sooner ad we don't have the pull of name recognition as we once did.

• Fire 1

Not having this kid N is a previous staff issue. If Riley would have been here last year they would have been after him early.

And as i said in a previous post, the coaches did reach out to him and asked him to come to Wiscy game. They are still recruiting him.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

How about this? I am going to put my chips in and say that Noah Fant is the silent commit. If you think about it, it makes the most sense. He had left the door open for Nebraska to creep back in and you know he was having second thoughts. He might be waiting for the Nebraska/ Iowa game to make some sort of announcement and I think it will be huge if he is there and is sporting Nebraska gear on our sideline.

How about this? I am going to put my chips in and say that Noah Fant is the silent commit. If you think about it, it makes the most sense. He had left the door open for Nebraska to creep back in and you know he was having second thoughts. He might be waiting for the Nebraska/ Iowa game to make some sort of announcement and I think it will be huge if he is there and is sporting Nebraska gear on our sideline.

Interesting...